Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Lopiena

Lopiena

Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Carefully taking deep, calming breaths Lo tries to force her emotions away. "I know it's not your fault, I'm sorry if..." struggling with words, Lo reaches up to yank on her hair and realizes she's still sticky with Sigurd's seed. Looking at it blankly...she'll have to wash later...she lowers her hand again and slowly stands up. "I'm glad this is an unusual circumstance, at least. And I'm very glad that stuff isn't used the way..." the rage surges up again and she fights it back down. Glaring again, she glances at Zane quickly. "She's under guard? She's not going to...not going anywhere?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 4:55 pm

When Sigurd's leg came up, Ashwyn stopped and looked up at him. Though she wasn't mad at him, persay, she couldn't help the glare that came over her face. She followed his leg as he pushed her back but she wasn't happy about it.

She stood glowering as he turned to face her. She watched as he wrapped the makeshift blindfold around his eyes and for the briefest of seconds she considered walking past him and continuing on her way... but she took a deep breath and let it out slowly to calm herself. Once she was slightly more relaxed, she nodded, though he couldn't see it, and walked over to him. She carefully took his arm and opened the door.

---

Zane shrugged at Lo's question and glanced to Brock, who nodded.

"Yes. She's being held by the guards. What she did is unforgivable and I assure you the Queen will agree." He nodded.

Cirro looked over at Lo and her... mess... He stepped forward. "Please, if you would allow me..." He held his palm out towards Lo, palm up, and indicated the mess that coated Lopiena.

The door opened and all eyes turned to a blindfolded Sigurd and a very angry Ashwyn leading him out. Ashwyn turned to look at Brock. "Take us to the Queen. Now."

Brock nodded. "Of course." He said, turning to walk down the hall.

Cirro nodded to Brock as well and then turned back to Lopiena. "I can clean you off. At least enough to be slightly more comfortable. If you'd like me to." He said, not wanting to overstep his bounds.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Turning quickly when the door opens, Lopiena automatically reaches to take Sigurd's other arm but one look at Ashwyn's face is enough to make her take a step back. Now is definitely not the time to approach either of them.

At Cirro's offer, Lo hesitates and looks at him curiously. "I was just thinking of a bath...but if we're to see the Queen there's no time...what exactly are you offering?" Although she's more than hesitant considering everything that just happened, she feels awkward enough without being a sticky mess, and going to see the queen requires the best presentation she can muster.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Cirro stepped towards her. "It won't hurt. I promise. Stand still." He held his palm out to hover in front her. His palm glowed a soft yellow-white light and Lopiena would feel her skin heating up. There would be no pain but the semen on her would start to vibrate into dust that could then be brushed off. Afterwards, Cirro lowered his hand. "I've found that simple purification spells can be used for all sorts of things." He smiled warmly, though he knew that she likely wouldn't be in the best mood for a while.

He glanced ahead at the others as they walked. "We should catch up." He said and tentatively offered his arm to Lo again, unsure if she'd even accept.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Feeling warm for a variety of reasons, Lo carefully brushes herself off. "Purification spell, huh? That's...surprisingly useful." Idly wondering exactly how he'd discovered that the spell can be used to take care of that specific problem, she considers his proffered arm for a moment before accepting. Carefully holding his arm not too firmly but not too loose, she trains her eyes on the hallway they're walking down. There are just too many emotions racing around her heart and mind to offer conversation, but all things considered there is some small comfort in knowing that he seems trustworthy, at least.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 8:09 pm

The group walked silently down the hallways and finally emerged back in the main entry way. This time they went straight to the back towards a wall of vines and flowers. They parted as they approached and revealed a glorious chamber with walls of the same flowers and vines. In the center was a raised platform with ornate stairs leading up to it. At the top of the stairs was gold throne.

Sitting on the throne was a tall woman with dark brown hair all piled on top of her head in large curls. They fell around her face and made her purple eyes sparkle. She wore a shimmering blue dress that hugged her body and she sat proudly on the throne. On her back were bright blue butterfly wings that sparkled like her dress.

Standing just behind her, to her left, was her daughter held tight by two guards. When the group entered the room, the Queen stood up in greeting. Her face was older, for a human she would appear to be in her mid 50s, though the wisdom in her eyes told of many, many more years. She was beautiful, even for her age, and her face was stern but serene.

She walked carefully down the stairs, her wings fluttering slightly to help her step lightly and she met them at the foot of the stairs.

Brock bowed before her and then stepped aside to introduce them. "My lady, may I introduce, Lord Krieger, Lady Nae, Lord Morningstar, and Lady Lopiena (I have no idea what you're character's last name is! lol)." He turned to the heroes. "And this, is our lady. Queen Lavender Peachripple." He bowed once more and then walked past the Queen to take his place on the right of her throne, sending a quick glower to the Princess as he did.

The Queen approached them gingerly, her face sorrowful. "It is my honor to finally meet you." She said, her voice strong despite her looks. "I am deeply pained that this was not a more joyous meeting." She turned to Ashwyn and Sigurd.

Ashwyn tightened her grip on Sigurd's arm, trying to contain her anger.

The Queen was not blind to their anger and she bowed her head to them. "I hope you can accept my sincerest apologies for the actions of my heir. What she has done has brought shame to us all."

Ashwyn opened her mouth to speak, decided she had nothing nice to say, and closed it again biting her tongue hard.

The Queen took a step to the side and motioned upwards towards her daughter. "Princess Peanut will not be allowed to walk free of this crime." She indicated. "I wanted you to be present to witness her shame." She added before turning back to the throne.

The guards picked the Princess up by her arms and carried her down the stairs. She had obviously been crying and the left side of her face was already dark purple from Ashwyn's fist. The guards spun, revealing her back. Where there were once two beautiful purple wings, there was nothing but stubs.

"The Princess has been clipped." The Queen explained. "This is the highest form of humiliation for a winged fairy." She stepped in front of her and looked down her nose at her. "You have shamed yourself this day. And for what? Trying to step into a roll that you are not ready for?" She shook her head. "Take her away." She ordered the guards. They dragged her crying and disheveled self away.

The Queen rubbed the bridge of her nose and sighed. Turning back to the heroes she smiled sadly. "I do not know what can be done to make up for what has happened here. But if there is anything I can do, please name it."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Sigurd's voice echoed through the chamber "Your highness has seen to actions my mate and I would have gladly volunteered for, we thank you for your diligence and we are sorry your own flesh and blood has disappointed you so." His body twitched slightly as his nose picked up on the princesses scent, though his eyes couldn't see her he forced himself from following the direction she was being carried. Giving Ashwyn a reassuring squeeze with his hand, the expression on his face was still that of repressed anger.

He knew it wasn't the Queens fault but that didn't make his voice any less clipped "We're passing through. Anything you can do to make our journey easier, shorter or better is welcome, however all we've been met with so far is tricks from your youth. For fun and... otherwise. You'll forgive my tone but I've kinda had a bad day."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 pm

The Queen nodded to Sigurd's words. "Of course. I understand. And I wish things had gone differently here." She glanced at where her daughter had been taken. "I did not choose her, you know. She was born a future Queen." she turned back to them. "All fairy women are born sterile, you see. They can not conceive. Unless they are born a queen. This event happens once every couple of centuries. It is clear that Peanut is... Not suitable for the job." she frowned. "I can only pray I live long enough to birth another." she shook her head and turned back to them.

"The reason I wanted to meet with you is to hopefully shine some light on your mission. I know who is behind the attacks on our forest."

Zane perked up a bit. "Y-You do? You're certain?"

She nodded. "Indeed. And I fear it may be my doing."

Ashwyn released a breath she hadn't known she was holding in when Sigurd squeezed her hand. It was comforting to have him holding her while she tried not to loose her temper. When the Queen spoke she frowned, her anger temporarily lessened in her curiosity. "How can it be your doing?"

The Queen sighed. "Many centuries ago, back when this whole land was one large forest and the Wasteland was lush and green... I wandered the forest a great deal. I was young and not yet Queen. I wanted to see the whole forest before I settled down.

"I traveled all the way to Azrrhat Peak where I met a man. He was wounded by a bear. He lay dying and I... Foolish girl that I was, I felt pity for him. I did not stop to ponder how he came to be there. I simply healed his wounds and helped him find his way home."

She looked down at the ground in shame. "That man was Barrak Amner. An Azer man. I returned to my home and within a few short decades, Barrak had burned the lands around Azrrhat and created what you now know as the Wasteland. For decades he was content there.... But now he seeks to expand his domain."

Last edited by AniRedFox on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 12:10 am

"I've heard of these, Azer people. Great empires enslave them in droves to build weapons and armor... They're literally made of Bronze and fire..." He pondered her situation for a moment "Two questions remain. How was he able to be wounded by a bear... and what part of your brain thought it was a good idea to heal a man MADE OF FIRE!" There was a biting growl to his voice. Their entire mission. The whole reason they were sent out here, to this forest and to head into the wasteland was because a would be queen fairy lit the match herself. Perfect... Sigurd was not impressed in the slightest.

"I see terrible judgment is a strong trait in your family"
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 1:59 am

Bowing before the Queen, Lopiena isn't really sure what to do or say...standing before people of authority is definitely not something she's very good at, though considering the last couple of days she makes a mental note that it's something she needs to learn soon.  Blushing somewhat at the introductions...her lack of a surname seemed to make Brock stumble a bit...she keeps her eyes trained on the Queen, watching for any sign of what proper protocol might be.  

When Princess Peanut is revealed in her shame, Lo can't help but gasp.  That is a very high punishment indeed!  For a bare instant, Lo almost feels sorry for the sobbing girl and all the things she'd wanted to scream at her vanish into dust...but even an instant of sympathy is more than she deserves, and any softness is crushed by overwhelming anger at her deeds.  She acted fully knowing what she was doing; the elixir had only been noticed missing a week ago, which meant she'd had it even longer than that.  She'd been plotting this horrible deed for some time, and if it wasn't Sigurd it would have been someone else...possibly several someones, no telling how much of that elixir she was able to get.  No.  No mercy. No sympathy.  Forcing her eyes back to the Queen, Lo won't even give the girl the honor of watching her be taken away.

Listening to the Queen explain about how their society functions...very much like Sigurd's 'magical bees' comment made what seems like eons ago...Lo ponders her plight.  It's strange to think of an entire species so reliant on one individual; even in bees any of the females could transition to a queen under the right circumstances.  If the fairy Queen truly had to rely on chance and good breeding to produce the next queen, their species was in danger of extinction at any given moment.  No wonder they had leagues of Clerics; their very survival depended on the Queen staying alive and well.

As the Queen explains the history of Fey Forest and how it's connected to the Wasteland, Lopiena tries to imagine what the area might have been like when large and fully forested like that.  But hearing the story of how she'd healed the injured man, Lo imagines herself in that place.  Would she have done the same thing?  In spite of the obvious repercussions, she still believes the answer would be yes...healing the injured is firmly ground into her core.  The consequences were great.  Far greater than anyone could have known or imagined.  But who's to know what the consequences would be during the moment?  Almost opening her mouth to speak after the Queen's story, Lo listens instead to Sigurd's chastisement and flinches.  He's right, it was a terrible decision, and...she would have made the same terrible decision.  Terrible judgement certainly runs in her family, as well.  Keeping silent as always, Lo drops her eyes to the floor.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 7:47 am

The Queen made no argument to Sigurd's works. She simply nodded with a sad smile. "It's as you say." She agreed. "I did not know what an Azer was, or that this man was a of Azer decent, until many years later. And even then I felt pity for a race that exists to be enslaved. It wasn't until the the land began to burn that I realized my mistake."

Though Ashwyn was still furious at the Princess and her actions, she began to soften slightly towards the Queen. She couldn't have possibly known what that man would go on to do. Any one of them could have made the same mistake. "How do you know it was this man that is the source of the attacks?"

"When the burning began I went back. My mother was nearing the end of her life but I had a horrible feeling so I had to return myself. What I witnessed was horrifying. I even tried speaking to Barrak. He remembered me and I learned the truth. He had not been attacked by a bear. He had been sentenced to death by his master for disobedience. After he was healed, he returned to his master for revenge. Over the years he defeated his master and started his own empire. "

Zane frowned. "I've read about the Azer race. They are constructs, or were. I've never heard of them being autonomous."

The Queen nodded. "Indeed. Barrak is unique because of his construction. He was created of the blood of a human woman."

Zane's eyes widened. "How is that even possible?"

The Queen shook her head. "I do not know. But I believe it is because of this that he was able to overthrow his master. And now, the reason he is assaulting the forest with such fervor, is because he is trying to get to me."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 8:31 am

Listening intently to the Queen's story, Lo shivers slightly. To seek out revenge is one thing, but to go on and attack everything else around you including those who healed you is quite another. Whoever this man was, his thirst for revenge would not be quenched by simply attacking the forest and the fairies within. Once they were gone, the rest of the world would burn. Slowly lifting her head again, she carefully considers her words.

"Why would this man seek revenge on you? And...how do we stop him?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 am

The Queen looked sadly to Lopiena. "He came to the Fey Forest, about 10 years ago. He was met at the edge of the forest and requested to speak with me. Though as Queen I am required to remain here in Shimmer Hollow, I made an exception for him since he is my mistake. He asked for my assistance. He wanted me to join with him to create a world of our own making. I refused."

She sighed. "Fairies have one duty. To encourage nature and help it thrive. What he was proposing is the exact opposite of everything we stand for. I refused to help him. He did not react well."

Brock nodded, from his place behind the Queen. "We lost half of our warriors when he retaliated, and nearly lost our Queen as well."

"We have been able to hold off the bulk of their forces, but we've already lost a great deal of the forest and my power is waning." It was clear that she seemed tired. She moved slowly and her eyes seemed weak.

Zane frowned. "The elves of Eventide told us that they have been attacked by smaller fire creatures like Imps and Salamanders."

The Queen nodded. "Yes, occasionally something sneaks past our defenses. But with my power waning more and more creatures will start getting into the forest. And if our forest falls it's only a matter of time before the rest of this land falls as well." She turned to face them fully. "I am deeply sorry that my childish mistake has brought all of you into this situation. I don't know what you can do, but I will help you in any way that I can."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Listening in stunned silence, Lopiena can't believe what she's hearing. This whole war started because the queen refused to mate with a monster?! Talk about a sore loser. There must be more to it than that. Well...whatever had happened in the past, the fact remains that too many lives have already been lost and this war must be stopped. Thinking slowly...Lo is not a strategist...she carefully considers next steps.

"Is this...Barrak...still in Azrrhat Peak? If we found him there, would he be interested in peace, or do we need to find a way to destroy him?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 1:31 pm

The Queen considered her words for a moment. "I don't know for sure." She admitted. "But given his reaction the last time we spoke... I don't believe he would be willing to relinquish his power so easily." She said.

"He... is deranged. He believes his path is noble. Perhaps even holy. None can deter him in his mission... whatever that may be. He is powerful and extremely dangerous. He has legions of followers under his command and will stop it nothing to get into this forest. I will hold out as long as I can but... I do not know how much longer that will be."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Sigurd stood silently as the queen spoke, out of respect of course. His internal clock figured that an hour would surely have passed by now so he reached up and took off his makeshift blindfold. He looked at the queen and was shocked, she was quite beautiful for someone centuries old. Zane spoke of the smaller attacks and Sigurd had a pointed argument about that but decided he had been harsh enough for one day and let it go.

He looked to Lopiena in response to her question "If he is, and he's done this much damage I highly doubt he'd be interested in peace. As far as finding a way to destroy him... He's a construct. In my experience enough force can deconstruct most things. It's just a matter of actually getting to Azrrhat Peak." His attention turned back to the queen. "Your majesty, you said you've gone to this place, is there a safe route there? A hidden path? A back entrance? Does Barrak have any kind of reconnaissance teams scouring the wasteland, or does he just rely on the elements of the wasteland to keep would be attackers away?" Sigurd was firing every tactical question he knew at the Queen but paused as not to overwhelm her.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 1:51 pm

The Queen nodded to Sigurd's questions. She glanced over to Brock, who finally left the throne platform and approached.

"I can give you any and all tactical data we have, but keep in mind that these paths are from a time before the Wasteland was so ruined. It has likely changed a great deal. We have a few more recent reports but our scouts are not able to get very far in the Wasteland without being caught or killed. And with the attacks coming so frequently to the forest we haven't been able to send out many more. Every warrior is needed to protect the forest." Brock explained.

"I also have journals that I kept in my youth about the journey's I took. When I discovered you were coming, I copied down the entries about what is now the Wasteland and the Peak. While the landscape has likly changed a great deal, I'd imagine the structure of the land is still mostly the same. I hope they can be of use to you." The Queen added.

Ashwyn watched Sigurd remove his blindfold, glad that he was feeling himself enough to do so. She squeezed his arm in a comforting manner. At the Queen's words she nodded. "And what can we expect in the way of his forces? You said he had leigons at his command?"

The Queen nodded. "When he is attacking, he has a large army that assults the forest edge. But he also has forces guarding the borders of his land as well."

"Once you're past the border though," Brock spoke, "Then it should be fairly smooth sailing. From what we've been able to gather, various races have moved into the Wasteland since it became dry and barren and while most are loyal to the Azers, others are just neutral parties. I'd imagine he does have scouts that wander his land, but we have no real data on that since we haven't been able to progress very far into the land."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Thinking quickly about what she knows about forests and deserts, Lo considers. "The area may have actually changed a great deal. Forests hold soil down differently, and burning the area would have changed the character of the soil..." Realizing she's thinking out loud, she blushes but continues. "Your majesty, do you recall dust storms in the first few decades after the burning? The heat from the fires...not to mention all of the ash...would redistribute and alter the landscape. Rocky areas would be the same, but anything else would be almost unrecognizable."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Brock nodded. "Yes, that's true. But The major landmarks we have on our maps, such as mountain ranges or craigs will still be there at least in some form.  And I'm sorry we can't provide you with more. This is the best we have."

"From what I understand, the area near the Peak has many underground passages and mining veins. I don't know where they are, but I know they are mostly unused. At least until you get to the Peak itself. If you could find an entrance then perhaps you could use it to get close without being seen by scouts." The Queen suggested.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 2:58 pm

"It'll have to do" Sigurd said finally "Not to put to fine a point on this, but if your majesty wishes, we'd like to be shown the way out, and our natural states as well as our equipment returned. We'd like to cover as much ground as possible. The sooner we deal with this childish feud the better." It didn't need to be said. Sigurd was thoroughly annoyed with this place he kept trying to center himself without placing blame on the rest of the residents and the queen but there was a bad taste in his mouth and it wasn't from the potion that Ash had spit in his mouth.. well it kinda was.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 3:27 pm

The Queen nodded. "Of course." She clapped her hands twice, loudly. Two male faires came out from a side door carrying two larger scrolls and one small one. They walked up to the Queen and bowed. She carefully took one of the scrolls. This one looked quite old, very similar to the parchment of the map the ArchDruid gave them. "This one is a map of the Wasteland before Barrak had his way with it." She held it out to Ashwyn, then picked up the second one.

"This is notes taken by myself about the forces under Barack's command and our general understanding of his patrols." She handed that one to Sigurd.

The third, and smallest, she picked up and held up to them. "This is the copy of my journals from many years ago. In them I mention various hideaways I discovered as well as my impressions of Barrak and his people. I hope it will serve you well." This one she handed to Lopiena.

Ashwyn nodded her head. Normally she'd thank the Queen and try to say something diplomatic but... Her anger remained and she thought it best to just keep her teeth firmly planted on her tongue until they were away from this place.

The Queen stood back from them all and looked them over. "If it is to be war, please send word to me. I will rally what forces I have left to join you should the need arise. I understand your people are preparing for this eventually as well?"

Zane nodded. "Indeed. We are to send word if war is on the horizon."

The Queen nodded. "Good. We will fight with you, for what good it will do."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Thinking quietly to herself...'mostly' abandoned mine shafts would definitely require caution, to say nothing of getting to the peak itself. The fact that none of the scouts had gotten to the peak is more than concerning; it stands without question that a tiny fairy would be harder to notice that their party. She must figure out how to travel in the dark without drawing arttention!

At Sigurd's words, Lo nods to herself. It is past time to get going, and while none of the fairies in the throne room had caused their grievances there's still quite a bit of tension in the air. Bowing to the Queen in thanks for the scroll, she carefully tries to say something appropriate without screwing it up this time. "Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, your majesty. I sincerely hope this issue will be resolved quickly." Turning slightly to Cirro, she smiles her thanks at him, as well. "It had been an honor to meet you. Thank you again for your help today."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Sigurd took the scroll and held it for a moment before a thought crossed his mind, these are all well and good but once they're back to not so fairy size they'll be virtually useless.. looking to the queen he bowed slightly "Thank you your highness. Don't worry yourself too much. There won't be war. I'll see to it." he turned on his heels and started for the door out of the chamber "I trust our equipment will be where we drank the shrinking potion?" he didn't wait for an answer. He was done with this place.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:40 pm

When Sigurd turned to leave, Ashwyn automatically turned and walked with him. She was trying not to hold anything against the people in this place. It was one person, one, who wronged them. But it left an extremely sour taste in her mouth. She wanted no part in this place anymore.

Zane watched them go and sighed. He was angry about the whole thing too, but he also didn't blame the Queen. He bowed to her. "Thank you, your highness. With any luck we will return with good news in short order."

The Queen bowed her head. "With any luck, dear sage, you will return at all." she responded grimly.

Zane nodded solemnly and turned to follow his companions out.

Brock stepped forward. "You will be met outside by fairies waiting to return you to your normal size! " he called to them.

---

It was as Brock said. There were a group of faries that were sitting with Pip, who was laying on his back with his tounge out while several fairies rubbed his belly. Their clothes were still sitting where they'd left them, but they'd been folded neatly.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Sigurd walked at a steady get-out-of-my-way pace towards his armor, Shifting into his hybrid form, the fairy clothes tore to pieces. The small fairy girl that had handed him his fairy clothes approached him carefully with a vial he assumed would be the one to return him to his normal size. Noting her expression and body language he sighed and calmed himself "I'm sorry... they were very nice clothes.."
she nodded and smiled "Interesting way to disrobe my lord" she said shyly.
He patted her head "If we ever return I'll be more careful with the next ones I promise. Now stand back."

He kicked back the potion and felt his body starting to grow. As it did he placed his body and arms through his armor as soon as he could lift it. Once his trousers were back on he shifted back into his human form and made careful adjustments as he returned to normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert
Page 8 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next