Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DungeonMaster
Admin
Admin
DungeonMaster

Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest Empty
PostSubject: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 9:44 am

The village of Faerun has been most affected by the conflict in the forest as it shares a border with the Fey Forest. The city is split down the middle by the river. But the NorthEast side of the river, the houses are badly damaged by fire. Some are completely burnt down.  

The SouthWest side of the village, the half that still remains mostly intact. There is a market square, an Inn and a Town Hall, where the players are meeting.

The Town Hall is a small building, only single story, and has a large central room with four other doors around it. At the head of the large room is a raised platform with a long podium on it. The three champions are standing in the middle of this large room facing the podium.  

Standing behind the podium are four young men and in the center is an older man. The older man is hunched slightly and his skin is hanging loose over his bones. His hands shake with age and his voice is weak and wavering when he speaks to the heroes.

"We thank you, brave heroes, for traveling to our humble village. It is clear to see how the growth of this conflict has caused us harm. I am the only elder left on this council, as our others entered the forest themselves and have not returned. We hope you will be able to end things swiftly." A coughing fit interrupts him and one of the younger men jumps up to help him sit down. As the older man rests, the younger man approaches the podium again.

"Forgive us, my father needs rest." He clears his throat. "We assume your own elders have informed you of the situation we all face here, but I will explain anyway. The Fey Forest has been in conflict for several years now, though it is only recently that their fight has traveled to us. Though we haven been unsuccessful when entering the forest, we have sent scouts along the southern edge of the forest.

"The Anauroch Wasteland has grown in size and the amount of dangerous creatures has increased. They are now pressing their expanse up against the forest. Right now the fey folk are keeping them at bay...for the most part. But we fear that one day they will find them too troublesome and will venture around the forest and begin to wipe the res of us off the map.

"Though we do not know by what method this problem can be solved, we suggest your first step be to venture into the forest and seek out the Fey folks. They might be able to provide you more information and perhaps assistance when dealing with your enemy. While you are gone, all of our villages will be training up our strongest villagers, just in case war in on the horizon. Feel free to send word to us if you need us to rally together."

The heroes were given accommodations in the local Inn normally reserved for foreign dignitaries. The room itself is the finest in the whole Inn. It has a large central room with tables, chairs and a comfortable lounging couch and grand fireplace. Around the edges of the central room there are four doors. Each door leads to a bedchambers with a soft down bed, dresser, mirror and fireplace. The central room has been filled with a long table filled with food and drink for the heroes.

Outside the sun is setting and the temperature is cool and comfortable. There is a light warm breeze blowing through the trees of the forest coming from the east. The smell of burning wood is carried on the wind.

Last edited by DungeonMaster on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Ashwyn Nae entered the commons room swiftly and with purpose. Her long legs carried her easily to the door that let to her designated room. Her body was concealed by a hooded dark green cloak, coating her features in shadow. The only distinguishable trait was an elven quiver on her back that was ornately decorated with goldleaf swirls and fine leather. The quiver looked brand new with gold threading and carefully constructed strapping. However, the arrows in the quiver told a different story. Some of the arrows were of a similar ornate design with golden feathers and gold leaf swirls. But most of the arrows were constructed of rough wood with feathers from wild birds commonly found in the High Forest. Likewise her cloak looks new and even has a hidden sheen to it when one stares at it, but as she walks her boots are revealed to be rough and worn. She also holds a backpack that looks very well used but the bedroll attached to the bottom looks new.

She enters the room she will sleep in and looks around the room cautiously. Once she is satisfied she sets her backpack on the floor near the foot of the bed. She sits on the bed and begins to rifle through her back, seemingly taking inventory of her supplies.

The door to her room is open and she is in full view of the party.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 8:23 pm

[To the DM: what time of year/season is it?]

Lopiena enters the common room awkwardly, her head still spinning with words like "heroes" and "war." She is wearing simple work clothes that is well-worn and shows signs of frequent mending. Her ill-fitting leather armor looks like it was rummaged out of serveral different safe chests; most of the leather is old and cracked, and no two pieces are the same style or size. She enters the bedchamber assigned to her and flings her pack on the floor; it lands with a thump, but nothing appears to be broken. Her quarterstaff is given better treatment; it goes alongside the bed for easy access but is positioned in a way as to avoid tripping. Not even bothering to unpack, she reenters the common room and notices Ashwyn's door open. Ashwyn appears to be looking for something intently, but after several awkward moments of just standing near the doorway Lopiena makes a scuffling noise with one foot (to avoid startling her companion) and clears her throat.
"Uhm, hi. My name is Lopina, most people just call me Lo. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
Admin
Admin
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 pm

Appologies for the lack of clarity.

It is Spring. Time is around 7pm. The sun is just setting.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Darkening the doorway into the common room, a man with blond hair passes the threshold. His hair is sandy blonde with symmetrical braids running behind either ear, adorned with runic beads and metal aglets woven in the ends. Despite his size his feet make nary a sound as he crosses the floor to his room. Bare foot. He wears a breastplate that leaves his right shoulder exposed and brandishing an intricate tattoo from his pectoral to elbow. A steel pauldron and bracer on his left. Tassets protect his thighs, resting loosely on his dark green trousers. This man is not known to many outside his village but those who do would recognize him as Sigurd Krieger only son to Edmund Krieger, Alpha of the Spellwolves of ThunderKnoll.

Sigurd tosses his bag onto the floor and sighs. He reaches behind him and grabs the hilt of his greatsword giving it a gentle twist causing it to unclip from his backplate and swing free. Looking around the room he stares for a moment before jamming the blade into the floor boards; stepping forward, and falling face first onto the bed; the sound of timbers creaking painfully under his sudden weight. A surly groan escaped his lips as he nestles himself haphazardly into the pillow.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 8:25 am

Without moving her head, Ashwyn turned her eyes up briefly to the woman speaking to her. Her eyes turned back to her back before she spoke.

"Ashwyn." She responded, her voice was deep but strong.

Once she was satisfied that all of her supplies were present and in order, she closed her bag and slid it under the bed. About that time the sound of Sigurd's sword in the timbers made her eyes dart towards his room just as he collapsed in the bed. Her eyes narrows at the sword sticking in the floor boards but she resisted speaking on the subject.

"By my calculations, The Fey Forest will take 3 days to travel across assuming we don't bed down. And since the forest is largely uncharted we have no idea what we will be facing along the way. I suggest, if you don't have the proper supplies, that you take care of that before sunrise. Because I will be leaving at first light...with or without everyone else."

She stood and removed her cloak and hung it on the hook behind the door of her room. She is wearing a set of studded leather armor that is clearly well used. Her black tights poke through where the armor doesn't cover and her upper body is a wash of dark green and brown. Her auburn hair is loosely braided and falls to mid-back. Her slightly pointed ears poke through clearly displaying her half-elf heritage. Her quiver joined her cloak on the hook and next came her bow. Her bow looked immaculate at first glance. It was mostly wooden but capped with silver ends and inlay-ed with gold leaf. Upon further inspection it's clear it had stuffs and was worn well. It was clearly of elven construction.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Lopiena whips around at the crash from the other room, pausing a moment to notice the sword in the floorboards...who is going to fix <i>that</I> for the poor inkeeper?...but decides against asking any silly questions.
"Uhm...right...supplies.Three days, no sleep...uhm...sure."
Lopiena heads back to her own room, pulls a small satchel from a side pouch, and heads out into the sunset. Taking a deep breath of pine, earth, and woodsmoke, she heads off into the general direction of the smoke...just to find out whether it's someone's cook fire or from the forest itself.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 1:00 am

Sigurd huffed in amusement “Three days? On two feet maybe...I have half a mind to let you go alone, if you're in a hurry to die that is.” Night was closing in and true it would be a long journey but he wasn't worried, he'd never needed to stock up on food because when he was hungry he'd hunt, He had already checked his equipment before he left home, and even if he caught an hour of sleep; that would be enough for a few days. No, he wasn't concerned in the least. His only issue was that his companions would slow him down. They were small. In his village, even the runts got a warriors training and some excelled when given the chance. But those were his people these two... he just didn't know.

The beds in ThunderKnoll were made much more solid than the ones in this inn. They were ornate, sturdy and extremely comfortable. This bed however was none of those things, each breath he took caused the bed to creak uneasily. Next time he'll just sleep outside.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 8:48 am

The deepening twilight is just enough light for Lopiena to find a few things she needs; mostly greens and fresh herbs that grow commonly by the roadside but are unlikely to be found in the deep shadows of the forest. As she travels down the road gathering herbs, she considers her companions...clearly highly trained warriors of great strength and skill. Even the village counsel who elected to send her didn't expect her to come back alive, and in a moment of weakness she feels woefully unprepared...but the moment passes, and her demeanor changes from a frightened little girl to a woman of determination and inner strength.
"I will not slow them down. I will succeed where others fail, and I will prove my worth not just to my companions but to myself." Smiling, she completes her gathering task and looks over the skyline to the plume of smoke in the distance. The night has come, and sleep will become an extravagance that can't be overvalued...sighing, she looks out over the waiting forest once more and heads back toward the inn.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 9:15 am

Ashwyn watched in silence as her female companion left the Inn. She was unsure what to think of the girl and couldn't help but wonder if she would even survive this venture. But she didn't have much time to ponder this as her male companion spoke up. She turned to him and finally allowed herself a good look. His imposing frame and style of armor made it clear to her where he was from.

"I know you." She said as she approached the center of the common room, looking into Sigurd's room. "You're father is Edmund Krieger, is he not? Of Thunderknoll?" She nodded to herself.

"Three days is merely a reckoning. It's also assuming a standard pace that would allow us to make a proper investigation. Which, unless I am mistaken, is our primary mission. I see no purpose in rushing through the forest into a situation we know nothing about. However, if you'd like to rush to your death on your own, be my guest. If I was worried about entering the forest alone I would not be here." She turned and began to head back to her room.

"But if you enter the Fey Forest thinking that it will be anything like High Forest then you will likely fail."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Lopiena returns well after dark with a satchel full of fresh greens, several apples, dried meat, and a few crusty rolls. She places all but the greens on the table in the common room and steps back.
"If anyone wants extra travel food, please take what you will. I know we were chosen because of our abilities to function on our own, but for right now we are a team that must work together to succeed. Please accept this as a token of my goodwill and hopes for this mission." Thoughts complete, Lopiena takes a deep breath and retreats to her room, leaving the door open if anyone wants to say anything else.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 7:51 am

Ashwyn had just reached her doorway when Lopiena returned. She paused and turned to watch the girl place her items on the table. She seemed to be a kind young woman. Ashwyn still was not sure of her sturdiness for this mission but she at least had a good heart.

Ashwyn bowed her head to the girl. "I appreciate your thoughtfulness, Lopiena was it?" She turned to face Sigurd. "The girl is right. We are a team, by choice or not. I for one do not wish to disappoint those who chose us by separating before our journey has even begun.

She turned back to Lopiena's bedroom door. "I have sufficient supplies, but if you require assistance to carry what you have found please let me know. I have room in my pack." She headed back towards her room. "I suggest we all get to sleep. Morning will come swiftly."

She entered her room and carefully began removing her armor. She couldn't be sure when the next time would be that she could sleep in a bed and not the floor so she decided taking full advantage of it would be prudent. She lay her armor down on the in room table until she is dressed in a loose dark green shirt and dark brown pants. She places her boots on the floor near her bed and climbs into the bed for the night.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Rolling his eyes, face still buried in his pillow Sigurd sighed he was well aware they had to be a team, why else would they have been gathered here in the first place. That didn't mean he didn't have to be annoyed about it any less. His nose caught the scent of the foodstuffs that Lopiena brought back, the dried meat caught his attention the most but then again, any meat would.

At Ashwyn's suggestion for sleep and warning of the coming dawn Sigurd moved his arms around his sides motioning to the whole of the bed as if indicating that sleep was exactly what he'd been trying to do the moment he connected with the mattress. Whether he was seen doing this or not didn't matter to him but he hoped that the energy in the room was easy to read.

His people were accustomed to sleeping in their full gear, be it robes, plate, chain, it didn't matter. Being what they were they always had to be weary of a certain type of hunter that saw them as abominations. Even after centuries of peace to the neighboring villages righteous hunters driven by some misguided divine will still came for them. His armor was a second skin to him now. It had to be.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Smiling, Lopiena agrees about getting sleep but declines Ashwyn's generous offer to carry the extra supplies. After a quick glance in Sigurd's direction, she decides to leave a few things out in case someone gets hungry during the night, but most of the stuff is quickly packed away for departure in the morning. Closing her door, she also beds down for the night.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
Admin
Admin
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 7:57 am

The morning sun was mostly blocked by the tall trees of the Fey Forest, but the lightening sky told the villagers that morning had come. It was a cool spring morning, the grass dotted with crystalline dewdrops and a light fog rested on the village streets. The three heroes rose and, gathering their supplies with them, left the comfortable Inn to begin their journey into the forest.

The village was small and the path ahead was open. They walked past the village square where people were still just waking and beginning their regular days. Merchants were setting up their shops and the smell of fresh bread from the baker was filling the area. For a moment it overshadowed the sharp smell of sulfur and burnt wood.

As the heroes crossed the river the smell of burning increased. The houses on this side of town were far different than what they had seen previously. The houses that remained standing had burn damage along the walls and several had large holes in the walls. The path leading to the forest is covered with rubble and burned logs causing the heroes to carefully walk through it.

At the far end of the village there's a lone building, or what used to be a building. It's little more than a frame now. Surrounding it are shields and swords dug into the ground, clearly marking graves.

Kneeling in front of the graves is a small humanoid figure. As the players approach, the figure stands and turns to face them. He is a gnome sage, standing only four feet tall, and wearing robes wrapped around his small frame. He carries a long staff that almost dwarfs him in size. He raises a hand to them in welcome.

"Good morrow, friends!" As they approach him he smiles warmly. "My name is Zane Morningfall. I apologize for not meeting with you when you arrived yesterday. I have only just returned from my scouting mission around the border of the forest. I have been chosen by the village elders as Champion of Faerun and will be accompanying you into the forest."

Though Zane is lacking in height, his body is stout and strong. He carries a heavy pack on his back that has several scrolls poking out of it. Around his neck is a pendant displaying a blank scroll on it: mark of Oghma, the god of knowledge.

"It will still be several hours before the sun is high enough to breach the trees and by then we'll be deep in the forest. I wouldn't expect much light once we enter. The foliage is quite thick."

Together, the four champions bid a silent farewell to the sun and entered the dark shadows of the Fey Forest....

Five hours have passed since entering the forest. The trees themselves are standard for the area, very similar to the High Forest, but there's something unique about them. There seems to be a shimmer in the air but the source is unknown. The champions have set up a temporary camp in order to eat.

[Time is 10:00 am. Weather is still silent and dim lighting with the occasional sunbeam poking through the tree cover. Dim lighting means that those without darkvision can only see half as far as they normally could.]
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 11:39 am

Lopiena again offers the bread, apples, and dired meat to any who wish to partake, then settles down for a bite to eat.
"Thank you for meeting us at the edge of the forest, Zane. The village seems to have fared poorly with the fires and the Anauroch. Do you have newsof how the Fey of the forest have survived?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 7:43 am

Zane was sitting near the fire with Lopiena when she spoke. "Oh of course, my pleasure, my pleasure. And if you're referring to the Northeastern village, then yes. That damage is still fairly recent. Luckily the fighting has not passed the river thus far. There has been talk of taking down the bridge to protect the rest of the village." He nodded solemnly as he poked at the fire with a stick. "As for the Fey creatures it's highly unlikely they have been as deeply effected."

A soft thud from nearby made Zane turn. Ashwyn landed softly on the ground from a tree where she had been previously. Thrown over her shoulder was a couple of rabbits that had already been skinned. She tossed them to the ground and began securing them to a spit. "Then I suppose we've been called here for no reason, is that it?"

Zane turned to her and smiled, though the joy didn't meet his eyes. "I understand if you are not schooled in creatures of the Fey. They are far more powerful than most of the common races, you see. Our mission here is to protect our villages, for surely when the forest fails to fall the creatures accosting them will move on to the rest of us."

Ashwyn placed the spit over the fire. "Fey creatures are far from invincible. And to enter their realm with selfish intentions will only get us all killed." She turned to Lopiena. "Save your rations. We have no idea what we will find in this forest and it might become more difficult to find food later. We should hunt while we can."

Zane scoffed at her rabbit cooking over the fire. "Barbaric." He shook his head and pulled a rather ornate looking pastry from his pack.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 8:21 am

Lopiena swallows hard, the roll suddenly dry in her mouth. Putting the rest back in her pack, she pulls the satchel of fresh greens and adds a few leaves onto the rabbit over the fire for extra flavor and nutrients. "Well...if the Anaurochs cannot cross the river, having some sort of guard at the bridge would be a good step before destroying it altogether. But I agree with Ashwyn, there is more at stake than simply protecting the villages. The animals I have seen coming out of the forest have been very frightened, far more than they would in a normal wildfire.There is something deeper going on, and I believe that protecting the forest and all creatures and Fey within are our primary objective. If we can protect the forest, or better still resolve this conflict, the villages would also be protected as a result."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:03 pm

Sigurd kept relatively silent their entire walk through the forest. This forest smelled different than the High Forest but that didn't come as a surprise. It was certainly louder than he was used too.

When they finally sat down for a break, he sighed there was no real reason for him to stop but if his companions needed a break then he was shackled to them for this little adventure. Of all the races he had read about in his studies as a child he hated and didn't understand Gnomes the most. Their bulbous heads in relation to their spindly knobby little legs and bean shaped bodies it wasn't right. How was it that a race of bean people could wield anything heavier than a butter knife...

When Ashwyn threw the skinned rabbits on the ground by the fire he eyed them up. As she started to roast one over the flames Sigurd harpooned the other with his sword and brought it back to him. Pulling it from the blade he sunk his teeth into, raw. It would have been preferable if she had left some of the organs intact but a meal is a meal. When the Gnome commented on the barbarism of Ashwyn's cooking Sigurd looked directly at him and made sure to devour the rodent. Bones and all.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Lopiena opens her mouth once or twice during Sigurd's demonstration, but realizing he prefers it raw says nothing...until he proceeds to eat even the bones, when she suddenly burts out laughing! "This adventure is certainly off to a rollicking start, no bones about it." Still giggling, she stands and paces the clearing for small bits of firewood...only downed branches of course, this forest is alive after all.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 7:54 am

Ashwyn was ignoring Zane's pompous comments as she checked the rabbit for doneness, when Sigurd picked up the second rabbit and began to eat.

Zane just watched him with wide eyes, his lips curling in disgust. "Wh-what kind of animal are you??" He gasped.

"One who doesn't believe in waste, it seems." Ashwyn answered with a smirk.

Zane's eyes were darting back and forth between Sigurd and Ashwyn for a moment before he turned away from them both and continued eating his pastry. When Lopiena began laughing, Zane's eyes darted over to her. "You...you ...approve of this??"

Ashwyn let out a soft short snort of laughter at her pun and shook her head to hide it. She turned to look at Sigurd. "Would you rather I leave the rabbit whole for you? I suppose I assumed you would hunt on your own." As the rabbit finished cooking, Ashwyn pulled some of the meat off and ate it. She didn't require much food but assumed the Gnome and Human would need more so she only took one of the creatures legs and picked the bones clean.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 am

"Eating bones and all certainly leaves less to bury," Lopiena grins. "How does that saying go, 'more haste less waste?' Or did I get that wrong?" Sitting next to Ashwyn and the rabbit, she takes a small piece and looks at Zane. "I suppose you're not interested in this delicious, well prepared feast?" She takes a bite, making sure the juice dribbles down her chin.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Sigurd chuckled to himself at Zane's disgust. “if you don't know, I can't wait to see your face when you find out.” He wondered if eating pastries for a meal was a Gnome trait, it would explain why they were shaped so funny. All their fat must pool in their belly.

He looked to Ashwyn "No, this was fine." Taking his sword he flipped it around behind him, stabbed it into the dirt and let it take his full weight as he used it to recline. The rabbit was hardly a feast as the druid had said but it sated his hunger for now. He made a note to hunt for himself later.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Lopiena takes another small piece of rabbit, wondering why Ashwyn isn't eating more. "Well half a rabbit is certainly more than I can eat, though I don't believe anything will be wasted today." She grins briefly in Sigurd's direction. "In the interest of peace, though..." she pauses and pulls some green stalks from a satchel. "Mr. Zane, would you prefer some greens instead? Fresh from the village, and they won't last long in my pack." She crunches into a stalk and offers more to the rest of the party. "Wild radish, not too spicy this time of year. Excellent with roast rabbit."
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
Admin
Admin
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 7:47 am

As the meal progresses, those with enhanced hearing [Sigurd and Ashwyn] notice a faint buzzing sound. The buzzing grows in volume until a giant beast hovers into view. The horse-sized wasp has a black shiny carapace with the lower abdomen covered in yellow and black stripes. It's four upper legs have gripping joints on them for grabbing and the back two legs are longer and have spines along them. What appears to be two giant yellow eyes is actually millions of tiny eyes that dart in all directions. Four large wings keep the giant creature aloft. Its mouth has protruding giant pincers. At the end of its abdomen is a long stinger dripping with fluid. The stinger is the size of a short sword.

After rolling initiative, the turn order is as follows:
Ashwyn
Sigurd
Lopiena
Giant Wasp
Zane

Due to Intelligence checks, Lopiena and Zane know that this is a Giant Wasp and that it's stinger holds a deadly poison. Lopiena also knows that these creatures, though they live in a hive with many others, they only hunt alone so it is rare that there is more than one away from the hive in the area.

The wasp is very agitated and as soon as it spots the champions it flies at them angrily.

It's a Fight!

[Being that this is our first battle, I'll explain in detail how posting will work. On your turn, you post what your character will do. You can choose to either move and then attack, move twice and do not attack or attack without moving. Your attack can either be with a weapon or with a spell. If you choose to make an attack, you will announce what weapon or spell you are using and if you choose to roll your own d20 you may (and include the result of that roll in your post). If you don't roll then I will (either way is fine). Then there will be a DM post announcing the result of your actions. For perspective, each round lasts approx. 6 in game seconds.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest   Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter One: Journey Into The Fey Forest
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next