Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Ashwyn smirked at his sarcasm. When he spoke of eating it she shrugged. "I've eaten worse." She teased back. She had pressed her palms against the side of the building, looking up at the top. Hearing him call her an enjoyable handful, she smirked. "You've certainly never complained about my 'handfuls' before." She teased, bouncing on her heels a bit, purposely making her chest jiggle.

She could feel Sigurd approach, but she was expecting him to offer a foothold for her to step on. When he spun her she gasped a bit, and then laughed when he all but tossed her above him. She grabbed hold of the edge of the roof and began to pull as he pushed her up.

She felt his thumbs "slip" and she couldn't help the shiver that ran down her spine. She smirked at him and pulled herself to the top of the building. Turning back and looking down at him she smirked.

"Don't start what you won't finish." She winked playfully at him before standing and scanning the town. She called down to him from her perch. "I'll be your eyes. It'll be difficult for you guys to see what's coming with all the buildings. I can help best from up high. You and Brynoff can handle things down here, I trust?" She asked with a wink.

---

"Those things never touched me, they really didn't have a chance with Leif and Lamont! I honestly felt bad killing them, they were brought here under some sort of compulsion. What about you? You seem to be ok, but I'd love to hear stories. You too, Jacquelyn. What happened when those things showed up? ...oh, and I'd like to stop by the cart and get my pack, I have several herbs in there...unless you already have everything you need?"

Cirro nodded to Lo's words. "Oh good....I'm glad you weren't hurt." When she asked how he fared, he smirked. "Oh, not bad. Brynoff was amazing! He took on two of them on his own! I did what I could in my natural form but I finally had to change. They didn't like being stabbed, that's for sure." He smirked.

Jacquelyn chuckled. "Meh, those overgrown lizards should know better than to mess with a druid in her element." She winked over her shoulder. "Speaking of which," she glanced back to Lo. "Save your herbs for when you're in the wilds. Lamont will have what we need. Have you ever cast a barrier spell before?"
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Laughing about Cirro's comment "they don't like being stabbed," Lo grins. "I'm glad you're ok. And Jacquelyn, this is definitely your element, you really know your stuff! I have a lot to learn still, but fire came in handy as well." Lo lifts a hand as if about to cast something, but resists the temptation to show off....barely. "Save herbs for later, got it...but a barrier spell? ...no, I don't think so. What does it involve?"

As they walk along, Lo tries to keep a mental image of the city in case they have to find their way back at some point, but is quickly lost. The buildings look so similar, and while the angle of the mountain helps with directional sense, one alleyway looks like every other. Still, seeing the town dug into the mountainside is fascinating! "Jacquelyn, how long has this city been here? It's amazing!" Using Zane's favorite saying only reminds Lopiena that he's not with their group...at the moment. He's healing, in a safe place, he'll return when he can. No time for sadness now.

Last edited by Lopiena on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Sigurd grinned "I never said I wouldn't finish it, it's been nearly a week, I think we're over due for some alone time, or in the open time I'm not picky at this point." he took a step back from the wall and looked it over, Heh, I could make that... He thought to himself.

Walking towards the edge of the city, Sigurd squatted and sat on his haunches staring off into the distance, his eyes weren't as good as Ashwyn's but his nose was just as good. Taking in all the scents from their surroundings he couldn't pick up anything new, there was the ever present sand smell, sweat from himself and the others, blood from the corpses, His mates arousal, and the odd bug. If something were going to happen he'd hopefully know in advance....
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Ashwyn chuckled at Sigurd's comment about how long it's been since they've been alone. "Trust me love, you don't have to remind me." She smirked as she climbed to the highest point on the building. "Rest assured I intend on making up for lost time." She added playfully. She spoke at a normal tone, so no one in the town would be able to hear her with how high she had climbed, but she knew that Sigurd, and likly Brynoff, could still hear her.

Brynoff shook his head as he walked to another point in the city to get another vantage point. "Ahh, to be young again." He chuckled.

---

Jacquelyn smiled down at Lo. "This city was only a little encampment when your mother and I found it when we first entered the desert all those years ago. With our druid abilities we were able to move the earth around the city and create this world. More have joined us over the years and it's flourished." They moved closer to the inner workings of the city that traveled under the mountain side.

"It's inside here that we'll cast the barrier. The mountain will assist us in protecting everyone and leave less open for us to protect." She explained.

"Does the spell require a lot of materials?" Cirro asked.

"Well, a simple barrier can be used with raw magic ability. But a barrier to the scale that we're needing to cast will require a boost. Herbs are difficult to grow out here, so we're limited on our supply, but there's a few that work for us out here. I'll show you where we grow them." She led them to the back corner of the caves where a strange glow could be seen. Entering the small cave, there was a glowing orb hanging on the wall and the ground was lush with many herbs growing in the very small area.

"This garden was gifted to us by Selune to perform our rituals. We have limited options on herbs to grow, but at least we have what we need for the barrier." She knelt down and ran her fingers over the tiny plants. She picked three and then handed them to Lo.

"Mugwort, Sage, and Dill. Will boost our protection efforts and give us good fortune." She stood and walked to the wall, where other plants grew upwards. She picked a few leaves off of a fern and handed them to Lo as well. "Protection from evil." She said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Looking around with increased interest when Jacquelyn notes the method of construction, Lo is able to distinguish a few small features in the stonework as they walk into the mountain.  The shape of the manipulated stone is almost a signature of her mother...with a few notable differences, likely Jacquelyn's signature or even Lamont...or maybe just the passage of time.  Not really sure what to say, Lo pauses for a moment to touch the stone.  Earthwork had never really been her area of expertise, but the stone almost feels warm in some places while remaining cool in others...definitely residual magic here!

Continuing forward and listening to the conversation about barrier magic, Lo gasps in awe at the little garden room.  A gift from the gods indeed!  The sense of life is stronger here than anywhere else thus far in the desert, even after Jacquelyn had shown her how to find the life out here.  Pausing again to put a hand on the stone, Lo closes her eyes and takes several deep breaths, reminding herself that life always continues even in the face of hardship.  Opening her eyes again when Jacquelyn hands her the herbs, Lo grins and inhales the scent of the herbs while Jacquelyn hands her the fern leaves.  "This place is amazing!  Protection from evil is right...the power of life is here is..." Taking another deep breath, Lo is able to recenter herself.  "Life will continue here, even if the rest of the world crumbles.  The strength of the mountain coupled with the protection of Selune is...it just is.  Is now, and always will be."

Smiling, Lo takes the herbs in one hand and keeps her other hand on the stone.  "Whatever magic is needed for the barrier spell, I'm ready."

(if this counts as a Short Rest, I'd like to use Circle of the Land Natural Recovery: recover one spell slot equal to or less than half of current level (rounded up).  At level 4, I can recover a level 2 spell slot.  Let me know if this is legal!).
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 11:30 am

[Yes, a short rest can happen.]

It wasn't long before Leif and Lamont returned, both with their students in toe. Leif had 4 young ones with him, ranging from 13 to 18, while Lamont had only 2 who looked closer to around 9 years old. With the combined help of so many druids (and the added boost of some fairy magic), the barrier spell was cast in short order.The people in the city all took shelter in the deepest parts of the caverns while the druids formed a circle near the center of the barrier.

"It's safe to assume that if we are correct in our assumption that things will get difficult the moment we begin the search." Lamont said, his voice low and forboding. He turned to his young students. "If I tell you, pull from the circle without question."

They nodded up to him. Both looked somewhat concerned but also determined.

Lamont turned to the others in the circle. "The pull of Twilight is easier to discover with young hearts... but also more difficult for them to resist. What is about to happen will be confusing for any who have not experienced it, but whatever you do, do not stray from the path. Do not follow the lights. And, above all else, do not break the circle."

Lamont directed the two youngest of the group to stand behind him and touch his shoulders. This way they could leave without damaging the spell. The others sat crosslegged in a circle around a small fire that had been started. The fire flickered with so much magic surrounding it.

"Everyone... close your eyes. You will begin to feel Twilight over take you." Lamont said, his voice becoming the anchor for everyone to cling to.

His voice continued, sounding the same as it had a moment before, but it would feel to any in the circle that they were no longer sitting. Rather they would feel like they were floating in nothingness.

"By the element of Earth, we are grounded in the physical world..."

Lo would feel her feet come into contact with the ground, as though she were standing. If she opens her eyes, she will see dirt and rocks as she stands, but looking around she would see nothing but dark empty space. Like standing under a starless sky but nothing to pin point on the horizon.

"By the element of Air, we are open to knowledge and communication..."

Lo would feel a light breeze brush against her face. And the sound of the rustling leaves. The wind would also bring sweet smells to her nose. Those of moist dirt and fresh greens. All around her the empty space was filled in with lush growth of trees and bushes. The sound of distant wildlife could be heard all around her.

"By the element of Fire, we are inspired with passion."

A sharp light grew in the distance through the leaves, as though the sun just came up over the mountaintops. It warmed her where she stood and cast speckled shadows through the leaves around the small clearing she stood.

"By the element of Water, we can dream our dreams."

The sounds of a stream nearby can now be heard, though the water isn't visible in her current position. Lo would find that she was able to walk but only a few steps in each direction before she had the overwhelming urge to stop where she was. As though she could go no further.

"So now, by Earth, by Air, by Fire, by Water…we shall pass to the next stage of our existence.”

Before her, the trees would part, revealing a path of small rocks leading deeper into the tree growth.

"We follow the path and seek to find he who eludes us. We ask, spirits, for your aid."

In the trees, all around her, Lo would see hundreds of lights flare to life. They would appear as pin pricks of light, no physical form, and yet they all seemed to be staring at her.

"Walk the path of Twilight," Lamont's voice came stronger now. "Seek answers if you can."

----

The moment the druids entered the Twilight, something happened outside of the city. Dark clouds begin to gather, filling the sky with gloom.

Ashwyn looked up and suddenly felt compelled to nock an arrow, though arrows would do nothing against a storm. "I don't like the looks of this..." she said, knowing Sigurd and Brynoff would hear her.

Brynoff huffed, clenching and unclenching his fists. "Be ready..." he grumbled.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Smiling at Leif's and Lamont's students, Lo can't help but think how young and vulnerable they look...which is strange, because they really aren't that many years apart. Just goes to show that a few years can change perspectives...and also explains why people think she's still a child. It's annoying, but...well, reality. Listening intently to Lamont's explanation about reaching Twilight with young hearts, Lo is momentarily afraid but just as determined. No matter what, Kakarot must be stopped!

Sitting down around the fire, Lo repeats Lamont's instructions to herself. Do not follow the lights. Do not stray from the path. Do not break the circle. The sensation of going from sitting to floating to standing is...weird, but Lo accepts the changes as part of the...ritual? Ceremony? ...whatever it is, Lamont's voice is grounding and she allows her senses to follow his lead. Going from Earth...feeling the ground, seeing nothingness...to Air, feeling the wind on her face, smelling the green growth, hearing creatures around her...to Fire, experiencing the sunrise as if for the first time...to Water, the trickling of the stream seeming leading to...somewhere.

When the path opens before her, Lopiena's curiosity drives her forward but her caution holds her back. Wait for the others. Do not break the circle. As the lights of the spirits illuminate, Lo feels the pinprick of fear as they watch her...Do not follow the lights. Sure, no problem. Moving onto the path with the others, Lo listens for instructions from Lamont as well as any other clues that might lead them to their goal.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 pm

Sigurd's grip tightened on his sword as he close his eyes and listened, he didn't need the ominous looking cloud cover that was rolling in to tell him that there was going to be a fight that he may not be ready for...
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 8:00 am

Standing in the shadowed clearing, Lo would discover that she was quite alone. Save for the spirits who watched her from the trees, she was standing in the Twilight without th eothers around her.

As though in answer to this revelation, she would hear Lamont's voice again. "The path of Twilight must be walked alone. Time is limited. Be bold." And then the sounds of shuffling from her companions in the circle would end. She would no longer hear Lamont's voice or hear the breathing of those around her. It was as though the sound had been sucked from the waking world and she could only hear the sounds of the Twilight.

---

The clouds seemed to concentrate directly over the city and they swirled angrily as they increased in density.

Ashwyn was perched atop the highest point she could find in the surrounding buildings, her eyes scanning the horizon.

Just outside of the city, where the clouds seemed thickest, she could see something happening. A portal, as such, seemed to be opening and figures were emerging.

"I think we're about to have company..." she warned, already prepping an arrow as she watched.

From the portal stepped two creatures. They walked on two legs, but they were far from human. They each had four arms and their bodies were encased in some kind of exoskeleton. They appeared to be mantis' who developed the ability to walk upright. In the upper set of arms they both carried a long, two-handed polearm with a crescent-shaped blade mounted on each end. In the lower set of arms, which were smaller than the top, they carried a triangular throwing wedge with three piercing points that seemed to be carved from some kind of crystal.

From behind them, three smaller creatures began to emerge from the portal. They appeared to be dogs, but each one had two heads. Saliva dripped from their mouths and Ashwyn picked up the distinct sound of sizzling when the drops hit the sand.

As soon as they emerged from the portal, Sigurd and Brynoff would be able to smell them. The dogs would give a very distinct canine smell, but the insect creatures would be something entirely different. Their smell would be far more subtle and blend in very closely to the sand they stood in. It would be difficult to distinguish them from the surrounding area, though their sudden appearance would be noticeable to his sensitive nose.

As Ashwyn watched, the two insect creatures began clicking and pointing into the city, obviously communicating in some way. Then they pointed, clicked, and the dogs began running towards the city, right where Brynoff and Sigurd waited.

"We have incoming!" Ashwyn called to them. "Some kind of dogs, coming up fast. They seem to be controlled by these.... insect creatures. I've never seen anything like them. But they seem to be intelligent."

[It's a Fight! Roll Initiative]
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 9:25 am

Swallowing nervously at the echoing voice of Lamont, Lopiena squares her shoulders and walks down the path before her with a resolve formed of determination even as the sounds of the others vanish. Looking all around and listening with every fiber of her being, Lo tries to figure out whatever they're suposed to be looking for.

(I assume Initiative roll is just for those outside facing the creatures, but just in case I got a 1 followed by 15)
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Sigurd grinned and set off towards the dogs, sword hanging behind him. Catching a glimpse of them he laughed, what abominations these things were, slobbering, drooling beasts. Making note of the two heads, he intended on splitting these things down the center making two, two headed beasts into 4 single headed ones... The bug creatures however weren't an immediate concern though they would certainly be next on the chopping block.

<14+2= 16 for int roll>
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 4:16 pm

[Initiative :
Sigurd: 16
Ashwyn: 20
Brynoff: 14
Thri-kreen 1: 19
Thri-kreen 2: 4
Death Dog 1: 5
Death Dog 2: 1
Death Dog 3: 9 - 13
Death Dog 4: 9 - 5

So the fight order is:
Ashwyn
Thri-kreen 1
Sigurd
Brynoff
Death Dog 3
Death Dog 4
Death Dog 1
Thri-kreen 2
Death Dog 2

Sigurd charges, so he gets a surprise round.]

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 Ritual10

Last edited by AniRedFox on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 4:25 pm

[Yes, Inititive is only for those outside. Lol]

The surrounding area is dark, yet Lo will find it not difficult to see where she is going. The spirits watch her carefully, some with great interest, others with passing curiosity. Though it's quiet, Lo starts to get the feeling they are talking amongst themselves. Not with words, as we know them. And she won't understand why she knows they're talking, but something inside her tells her it is so.

As she walks the path, she will find that it twists and turns through endless trees. The sound of the river is close, as though just on the other side of the nearest trees. Within the water she can  hear the sounds of splashing, and though it isn't verbal, she could hear what sounds like laughing.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Following the path through the trees, Lo can't help but relax a little and smile. It's so good to feel the moist air beneath the trees again! Though the eyes of the spirits are still a little intimidating, she's not feeling scrutinized or judged. Feeling more than hearing their conversations is...weird, but still more comforting than she'd expected when this whole journey to Twilight began. Listening to the sounds of the laughing river, Lo almost laughs with it. The atmosphere feels so welcoming, it's almost like being home again.

Still looking around intently and trying to figure out what she's supposed to be looking for, Lo mentally repeats Lamont's warnings in her head. Stay on the path. Do not follow the lights. Do not break the circle. So far this journey has been much more relaxing than she thought it would be, but repeating Lamont's warnings to herself keeps her vigilant. Continuing forward, Lo watches the path and the surrounding trees for anything unusual.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 12:05 pm

As he ran Sigurd dragged his sword behind him, leaving a trail in the sand. As the death dogs drew closer to him, he grinned and stomped in the sand, using the momentum to carry the blade over his head and down towards his first opponent (death dog 2)

ATK: 9+6=15
DMG: 2(5)+6+4= 15
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 2:49 pm

Sigurd's sword caught the dog under the chins and threw it back a bit. The dog whimpered and limped as it landed.

[Death Dog 2 takes 15 damage.]

Ashwyn took advantage of the wounded animal and nocked an arrow. She fired it towards the injured one. [Attack roll: 16. Damage: 6+2=8]

Her arrow flew towards the creature and struck true, right between the heads. It yelped and crumpled to the floor, whimpering.

[Death Dog 2 takes 8 damage. Creature is now too injured to walk properly.]

Seeing on dog downed sent one of the mantis creatures into a rage. It shouted into the sky, its voice a series of clicks and screeching. It charged forward, intent on getting revenge for it's downed pet.

[Thri-kreen 1 double moves forward]
Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 Ritual10

Last edited by AniRedFox on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 3:59 pm

As Lopiena walks through the dark forest, she begins to hear the sounds of wolves howling. Soon she sees three large wolves, even larger than Brynoff and Sigurd when in wolf form. They're as large as horses, even taller! They're wandering down the path, just looking around. They look no different than curious puppies, but massive!

As they spot Lopiena, they halt and consider her carefully, their sharp yellow eyes watching her. ....
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Sigurd flicked the blood off of his sword and watched as Ash's arrow followed him. Watching the dog drop was enough for him to change focus. His head snapped at the shreiking mantis thing charging at him, and that put him to the top of the priority list. Spinning on the balls of his feet he took off towards him.

As Sigurd ran, sparks began to flick off his shoulders, hands and legs. The second he was in the center mass of enemies he flipped his sword in his hand and stabbed it into the sand before exploding in a flash of golden light and electricity. A roar would echo along with the explosion and when the dust settled Sigurd stood in his Hybrid form, sparks still emanating from his body, the wind from the burst still blowing around him as sand calmed down.

<Thunder Wave: A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn't pushed. In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell's effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.>

Would also like to suggest an intimidation roll (17+3=20)
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Walking down the path of Twilight, Lo looks up at the sound of howling wolves. Sounds like a deeper pitch than the wolves she's grown up with, but this is a different plane after all...sound probably carries differently. Or so she thinks until the three massive wolves come into view! Looking up...and up...Lo refuses to even consider fear; it's simply not an option. Stopping in the path when they see her, Lo keeps her gaze steady. Who knows if these are spirits or not...

"Hello, um. Friends. I mean you no harm. Are you...do you understand my language? I seek one who would do harm, in order to stop him. Do you know of such a being?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 7:15 pm

The wave crashed into the creatures like a herd of wild buffalo. The wounded dog slammed backwards into a building and promptly stopped moving. The dog to Sigurd's right was thrown backwards into the alley, yelping in pain. To Sigurd's left, another dog was thrown backwards into another building, another yelp of pain. One dog managed to dig its claws into the dirt and avoid being pushed backwards, but even it whimpered at the crushing blow.

The Thri-Kreen cringed in pain at the thunderous sound, lost her footing, and was thrown backwards from whence she came.

The remaining Thri-Kreen, who had avoided the full power of the attack, still cringed at the sound and took a step back, unsure of this strange and dangerous creature before them. None of them looked keen on attacking except for the one dog that had avoided the bulk of the damage.

[Thri-kreen 1 CON roll: 3 - Fail. Takes 14 damage. Thrown 10ft back. Save attempt against
Intimidation: 4 - Fail. Creature is Intimidated. Rolls are at disadvantage against Sigurd.

Death Dog 1 CON roll: 2 - Fail. Takes 8 damage. Thrown 10ft back.Save attempt against
Intimidation: 4 - Fail. Creature is Intimidated. Rolls are at disadvantage against Sigurd.

Death Dog 2 CON roll: 15 - Succeed. Damage roll 10. Takes 5 damage. Death Dog 2 is DEAD.

De
ath Dog 3 CON roll: 9 - Fail. Takes 6 damage. Thrown 10ft back. Hits a building. Takes additional 2
damage. Save attempt against Intimidation: 7 - Fail. Creature is Intimidated. Rolls are at
disadvantage against Sigurd.

Death Dog 4 CON roll: 13 - Succeed. Damage roll 8. Takes 4 damage. Save attempt against
Intimidation: 13 - Succeed. Creature is Not Intimidated.

Thri-Kreen 2 save attempt against Intimidation: 4. Fail. Creature is Intimidated. Rolls are at disadvantage against Sigurd.
]

Brynoff came barreling around the corner just in time to see a hybrid Sigurd standing, still crackling, around the group of downed creatures. He smirked. "Damn, it's nice to fight along side a Spellwolf again." He laughed a booming laugh seeing the creatures cower.

[Brynoff double moves forward.]

Most of the dogs were so disoriented that they were barely able to stand, let alone attack.

[Death Dogs 3 and 1 take a turn to reorient themselves]

The remaining dog was quite angry about being attacked. He charged, both heads with their jaws wide open and teeth sharp.

[Duel bite attack: 5 and 1 (ouch! critical fail!).]

One head clamps down on Sigurd's armor, not causing any damage whatsoever. The second head misses all together and clamps down on its second head. It whimpered away, one head lolling about and the other yowling in pain.

[Death Dog 4 does 8+8= 16 Damage to itself.]

The remaining Thri-Kreen pushed forward, trying to reach his companion. He pauses at her side and kneels next to her, helping her up.

[Thri-kreen double moves forward.]

Ashwyn watched Sigurd's charge and when he exploded in light she winced and ducked her head, looking away from the bright lights. When she was able to turn her head back, she saw Sigurd standing in the center of many downed enemies. The crackling of energy all over his body still rippling. She felt her jaw drop open in amazement at the raw power he demonstrated. "Wow..." she whispered in awe. As the other mantis creature began to charge towards him, she shook herself out of her revelry and focused on the dog that seemed to be suffering from a self inflicted wound. She nocked another arrow.

[Ashwyn attack roll: 15. Damage: 4+2=6. Death Dog 4 is DEAD]

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 Ritual11
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Snarling over the carcass of the death dog in front of him, Sigurd planted his clawed foot into it's ribs, he looked at the pair of mantis creatures and bared his teeth "You two look intelligent enough to understand what I'm capable of doing... I'm giving you the option to surrender now, or Die... and if I'm not being clear enough..." He grabbed the hilt of his Axe and flung it forward

ATK: 20. well... I wanted a show of force, guess I'm gonna get it lol. Take it away critical chart!
DM says throat slit, dead in 1d4 rounds, got a 2, buckle up..

The axe flew past the male's throat seemingly missing, until a small slit began to open up across his throat. Sigurd's surgical precision had begun the end of the Thri-Keen's life. Watching it fall to it's knees clutching it's throat, Sigurd walked forward, over the corpse of the dog until he was standing beside the male, Kneeling down he put his large clawed hand on the back of it's head before locking eyes with the female. "I can save him.... or I can restrain you so you can watch him die.... Give up, call off your hounds and give me the information I seek..." To punctuate his seriousness, he flipped open one of his hip pouches and flashed a potion. That was his mercy... however to show the other side of the coin, Sigurd ran his finger along the cut he had made and gathered some of the fluid pouring from the males neck before licking it slowly off his finger.

"you don't have much time...." he snarled.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 1:22 pm

The female Thri-kreen stared up at Sigured, her deep black eyes wide with fear. She glanced down at the make Thri-kreen, then back to Sigurd. Though her limbs shook with fear, she reached over towards her weapon.

The male Thri-kreen reached a hand towards her, palm out,to the female. His voice was stopped because of the wound in his neck, but his antenni were flapping about quickly and he seemed to be communicating with the female.

She froze, her hand hovering over her weapon, as she read whatever body language was being shared with her. After a moment, her tense body slackened and she put her hand down on the sand, away from her weapon.

She clicked a few times, harshly, towards the dogs and they immediately sat and stopped growling. She turned to Sigurd and spoke in common, her voice high pitched and gravely. "My father wishes an end to conflict." she said, looking to the dying male. "Please.... Heal him..." she bowed her head in submission to Sigurd.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 1:26 pm

The wolves considered her for a moment. Finally the biggest of the group stepped forward until it stood directly in front of her, looking down at her.

"What brings you here, Druid?" his voice was deep and boomed, though the creatures mouth didn't move.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Bowing to the lead wolf, Lopiena hides a sigh of relief. Good, they understand my language . "I come seeking guidance. A man who has caused great harm now seeks out the lives of others, and I fear he will only grow stronger. His actions have been against my family and those that I consider family, brothers and sisters in fur and claw. I do not know what causes this man to seek out those who walk as wolves under the moon and people under the sun, but he causes imbalance by destroying the lives. I wish to stop him, or if that is too great a request I wish to at least locate him. A man named Kakerot."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Sigurd's ears folded back "wise choice.." taking the potion from his pouch he poured the contents into the mouth of the mantis creature. Releasing the insect's head, he got to his feet. Looking back towards Ashwyn and Brynoff he signaled them to stand down before walking to his axe and slipping it back in its loop on his belt.

Sticking his sword in the ground, he sat and rested his back against it as he sat beside the two creatures. Sigurd didn't expect his ploy to work, he assumed that the two were mates, but being family was unexpected but worked flawlessly better emotional manipulation through a show of force was a favored tactic with his people. Not used often, but enough.

Sigurd would appear to have his guard down to them but he would be expecting an attack, it was basic negotiation tactics after all.

"Now, I am going to ask you two some easy questions, you may already know what they are but I'll ask anyway. Please keep in mind that and misstep will result in your immediate execution and possible consumption by myself, my mate, as well as my elderly comrade I hope that's abundantly clear."
He didn't wait for an answer
"I assume Kakarot sent you, I imagine it has to do with the Druid we brought with us.... So what I need from you is Kakarot's location and what he's planning" unclipping his waterskiing, Sigurd offered it to the pair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next