Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 am

Lamont nodded to Lo's words. "It can be... jarring, to say the least. The first ceremony you experience as an adult. For the children the ceremony is quite different. The flood of emotion is similar, but when you're a child your overwhelmed by love for your family and a child-like wonder. Most children cry tears of joy. Others laugh and cling to their parents or siblings. It's... overwhelming. Most children fall asleep from exhaustion before the ceremony is even over."

Leif chuckled. "Lamont holds the full moon ceremony's particularly close to his heart ever since his own family began to expand." He smiled and turned to Lo. "Lamont's wife has only recently given birth to twins. They're still too young to experience the overwhelming connection of the ceremony. Lamont is looking forward to the day they can."

Lamont nodded, though his face seemed void of emotion.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Listening to her brothers talk about how children experience the full moon ceremonies differently only serves as a reminder of blue different her own experiences were. Lo has a few vague memories of enjoying the full moon ceremonies as a very young child, but by the time she was old enough to participate all of the joy and excitement had been taken away until all that was left was the dry, boring ritual she knew now. But experiencing the ceremony with Jacquelyn and the others the way she had...even before the...extra activities, the emotional connection had been incredible! She could only imagine what that connection must feel like to a child.

When Leif mentions Lamont's growing family, Lo looks up and smiles. "Your wife...twins? That's amazing, congratulations! ...wait...that means...I'm an aunt?! I'm an aunt!" Laughing and grinning hugely, Lo stops in the middle of the path and does a little dance of excitement. Of all the things she'd experienced on this trip, learning about the family she never had...the long term ramifications just hadn't occurred to her. She'd never expected to even meet her brothers, much less dreamed of being an aunt! It's incredible to think of!
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 10:57 am

Lamont smirked at Lopiena's realization of being an aunt. "Yes. I suppose you are." He smiled at her. "I'd be honored for you to meet them."

Leif chuckled as well. "You know, when you laugh... it reminds me of Mom. You have Mom's laugh for sure." He smiled. "It's so strange. Wonderful of course. But strange. You look so much like her. Well, the her I remember. It's been years since I've seen her, of course." He shrugged.

"You seem to be doing well for yourself though." He smiled at her. "You're companions are obviously strong. A tough as nails Half-Elf, a Spellwolf and a fairy radiating magic power. Not to shabby, Little Sis." He chuckled.

"You really must be like Mom." Lamont added. "You've found comfort in the company of a wolf as well." He smirked. "I suppose now we know why she felt so comfortable with wolves." He said, glancing over Lo's head to Leif.

Leif noded. "Yeah... makes a lot of sense. I still can't believe you're a Spellwolf. Well... I mean... that you were supposed to be... or soemthing..." he shook his head. "Damn gods, meddling in our affairs...." He shook his head.

Lamont's eyes narrowed. "Watch what you say, Leif."

Leif waved him off. "Oh stop. Are you honestly going to stand there and tell me that you're happy about what Selune made our mother do? Because I'm not! I'll never be happy about that nonsense!" He said, his tone harsh but restrained.

Lamont huffed, but didn't argue.

Leif sighed and turned back to Lo. "I'm sorry... I get... heated when I think about how Selune took our mother from us. From all of us." He turned to her. "But I suppose it can't be helped..."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Lopiena grinned excitedly at Lamont's offer to meet his children...her nephews! "The honor is all mine, believe me! Wow! How old are they? Are they healthy? Two boys, two girls, one of each?" Trying not to get carried away in her excitement, Lo looks down and blushes at the comments about how much she looks and sounds like her mother. "Yeah, Brynoff said the same...the villagers, as well. To the point that...well never mind. But she's taller than me, and much stronger. I still wonder if I'll ever be as strong as her. I have a lot of growing to do, and I'm not getting any taller." She paused a moment to wink and laugh...sometimes her disparaging remarks were taken the wrong way, and she was still not sure quite how to read her brothers. She definitely didn't want to make a bad impression.

Nodding and smiling at their assessment of her companions, Lo blushes again at mention of finding "comfort in the company of a wolf." Well yes...very much so...but umm. Not really sure how to respond to that, Lo simply listens to their discussion, looking from one brother to the other. At mention of how she was supposed to have been a Spellwolf, though...she looks down again. It would have been amazing...and she would have known her father, and her mother wouldn't have had to leave, and her brothers would have had their mother, and she would have known them, and...no. All gone. Leif's audible frustration is much like her own, but from a very different perspective. When he stopped and started to apologize, Lo shook her head. "Don't apologize, I feel the same...but not the same at all. I at least got to know Mother growing up. I was a teenager when she left, and I was devastated...I can't imagine what it was like to lose her as young as you did, only seeing her once a year, if that...and always in secrecy...it's not right." Face settling on a hard line of resolve, Lo looks out at the eastern side of the village up ahead. "I might not have chosen the life I've led, and I definitely didn't choose to never know you and...my family...but I can choose now. Once we wipe Kakerot off the face of the earth and settle this war once and for all, I intend to...approach Selune and...and make a request..."  That wasn't what she'd originally meant to say, but one does not confront the gods or make demands of them. Anyway.  "From what I understand, Mother was trying to save my life but I think the cost was much too high. I don't know if my life is worth any more now than it was before I was born, and I don't know what if anything Selune would ask in return...but if there is anything within my power that can make this right, I would gladly do it. I'm just afraid of how high the cost will be the second time..." Staring ahead but not really seeing the village, Lo silently contemplates why Selune made such high demands of her mother. If Mother had to give up her love, her family, her life, all for the simple request of safety...what could a small untrained Druid possibly offer for the not so simple request of freedom?
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 7:56 am

Leif seemed to somewhat deflate hearing Lo's words. He sighed and nodded. "Listen, it's in the past. We missed out on growing up with Mom.... but you missed out on growing up with Mother and us and being with a group of people who love you. So really...there's no reason to compare." He placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it gently. "We are together now. That's all that matters."

Lamont nodded but remained silent.

"Oh, well isn't that touching." A new voice said.

Leif and Lamont tensed and turned immediately. "Kakerot..." Lamont growled. "Show yourself!" Leif demanded.

"You know, I'm really quite impressed to find such talented druids here. And to think, I never knew you were here. You've done a very good job hiding your little village from me." The voice seemed to come from everywhere and no where. Glancing around, the villagers didn't seem to hear it, but the three druids could.

"It's a shame, really, that your mother hid you all from me for so long. We could have had such fun." The voice continued. "But what was it you said? It's all in the past. We're together now.... right?" A maniacal laughter filled the air as Kakerot repeated Leif's words. But they sounded so much more ominous now....

"What do you want?" Lamont asked, his tone calm, but his body poised for action.

"I do appologize for what is about to happen." Kakerot continued as though ignoring Lamont's question. "You needn't have been involved if your sister had never wandered her way back to the desert. Or if your whore of a mother could keep her legs closed." He chuckled.

Leif's fingers curled into a tight fist in anger and Lamont's body rippled with his. "Is all of this to get at Brynoff? Do you hate him so entirely?" Leif asked.

"I'd much rather do this to your mother. She caused me a great deal of trouble for a long while. But since she's no where to be found..... I suppose you three will do." As the voice spoke, a rumble began in the ground. Lamont noticed it first.

"Something is coming." He mumbled.

As they three looked out to the eastern edge of the city where the desert stretched out, they saw what appeared to be a mirage. Just wavy lines of color off in the distance. Slowly they began to form a figure. No. Figures. They were moving closer, but still a decent distance away. As they watched, the figures formed more solidly until it was clear their shape.

Three towering lizard creatures were running on hindlegs towards the village. They're large mouths opened with razor sharp teeth bared.

"By the gods..." Leif breathed. He turned and grabbed the first villager that he saw. "The city is in danger! Ring the bells and get to the caves!" He said urgently.

The villager didn't question him. Only nodded quickly and ran into town. "We must not let them get into the city." Leif said, small flurries of wind curling around his ankles and causing his dreadlocks to whip around him. His anger and power was clear.

Lamont and made a fist with his large hand as he stared ahead at the creatures barreling towards them. "Stay behind us, Little Sister." Lamont warned. His voice was kind, but firm. "This will not be an easy fight...."

---

Meanwhile, at other points in the city....

Three more Allosaurs formed and were charging towards the city on the northern side, charging straight for Brynoff and Cirro.

Another three formed to the south, where Jacquelyn scouted.

And still another three on the west side, where Sigurd and Ashwyn were.

It's a Fight!!

[Roll initiative Wink ]
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 8:29 am

(Yikes! Big trouble! Initiative roll: 3, followed by 12 if there's a tie).
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am

[Initiative Roll Results:
Allosauras 3: 20
Allosaurus 2: 18 (19)
Sigurd: 18 (10)
Allosaurus A: 18 (Cool
Allosaurus B: 14
Ashwyn: 14
Lamont: 9
Leif: 8
Allosaurus 1: 4 (19)
Allosaurus C: 4 (10)
Lopiena: 3 (12)

For sake of ease, the two parties will be split into two initiative groups. Turn order is as follows:

West Group:
Sigurd
Allosaurus A
Allosaurus B
Ashwyn
Allosaurus C

East Group:
Allosaurus 3
Allosaurus 2
Lamont
Leif
Allosaurus 1
Lopiena

Now, this means that even though Sigurd moves before Lamont, since they are not in the same group they do not have to wait for the other to post in order to move on. This should speed up this part of the fight a bit and make it less confusing. I will also start each of my "DM posts with either "WEST GROUP" or "EAST GROUP" at the top to save confusion. Below is a general map of the city and positions of all the groups. I won't be posting for the north and south groups as they are all NPCs. We'll just get an update from them after the fact.

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Glenar10

My next post will include a smaller grid map for keeping track of moves.]
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am

Sigurd kept his nose high, trying to catch a whiff of anything on the wind. He felt it in his paws before his nose could even pick up a scent. His head snapped to the west, ears pointing forward before taking off into a full sprint towards the edge of the city. Sliding to a stop in the sand he shifted into his hybrid form and unhooked his sword and readied himself. He made notes about his opponents, large heads, shorter arms... Nothing more than large lizards, he felt that familiar pounding in his chest, the excitement of battle had returned to him again.

<Gonna take a hold on this turn, not much I can do unless I want to close the distance first (which I don't Wink )

Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Glenar11

WEST GROUP

Ashwyn was straining her ears to hear anything that might be considered unusual and taking in the sights along the way. When Sigurd froze, so did she. She turned to him, then immediately turned the direction he was facing. "What do you hear?" She asked, knowing he couldn't answer her in this form. She strained to hear what he was hearing. Then he took off running. She pushed off from the sand and followed closely behind him. Sliding to a halt next to him her eyes widened at what approached. "What in gods name??" She gasped.

The creatures continued to barrel forward, and upon seeing Sigurd and Ashwyn, they moved directly towards them.

Ashwyn pulled her bow as Sigurd transformed into his hybrid form. "So.... giant lizards in the desert.... This will be interesting...." She readied her bow and took aim at the closest creature.

[Attacking Allosaurus C - Attack roll: 15 - Damage: 5+4=9 piercing damage]

The arrow lodged into the creatures chest but it didn't seem to slow.

----------
EAST GROUP

Like on the west side, the creatures charged forward towards the group of druids.

Lamont and Leif both took positions in front of Lopiena. Lamont kicked his shoes off and planted his feet. The sand was hot but he didn't seem to notice it.

Leif held his hands to either side of his body, palms up, readying himself for the fight to come. The air around him seemed to tense in anticipation.

"Strike the eyes if you can." Lamont said.

"Only if you must." Leif added. "These creatures do not belong here. They've been brought against their will. If we can save them, we must try."

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Glenar12
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Leif's comforting words bring a small sad smile to Lopiena's face. Their lives could have been so different, if only...the voice of Kakerot freezes her in her tracks, and even though he's not physically apparent her body tenses in preparation for what's to come. Listening to his insults only steels her resolve. Bad enough that he's done all that he has to our family, but now he threatens from afar? "What do you want? Come out and show yourself!"

When Lamont tenses and quietly tells them that something is coming, Lo readies herself for action. Not much she can do; the sandstorm from earlier sapped most of her energy, and her brothers are far more experienced than she is...but anything is better than just standing around waiting. Until the huge lizards crest the horizon. Stunned, Lo listens quietly as Leif instructs the villagers to hide and be safe. At least they don't have to worry about more innocent lives being lost...but they must not get into the city! The people don't have enough time to fully evacuate. Settling herself in the ready stance Sigurd taught her, Lo stands behind her brothers ready for...well, as much as she can do.

As the Allosauruses approach, Lo readies a fireball...but Leif is right, they were brought here against their will...hmm.
Changing direction just a little, Lo flings her fireball between the Allosauruses and the village. Most animals shy away from fire...maybe if she can redirect their path, they won't have to fight.

(Spell used Cantrip Produce Flame; Range 30 ft. Attack roll is 13 ((+2 initiative? it's been a while since we battled)). Not aiming at anything, but if something hits 7+4=11)
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 8:12 am

For the sake of clarification (since there are so many NPCs now) I'll be posting DM posts in blue, but NPCs will be in violet.

EAST GROUP

The fire blazed to life between the druids and the creatures. The creatures reared back but weren't about to give up their pray. They scattered and began to circle around. Two of the creatures went north and then west, while the remaining one went around the otherside and began to barrel towards Lopiena.

Lamont squared his stance as the creatures came at towards him. He clenched one fist and punched the palm of his other hand. Energy erupted around his body and his eyes flared. His skin began to harden and turn gray. It was as though stone was solidifying across his entire body. Soon he resembled a stone gollum barring down on two dinosaurs. As they continued to charge, he pushed off of the sand and barrled towards them. At the last minute, he ducked low at the first one and shoved himself into it's legs.

[Lamont cast Stoneskin. Then makes a STR check: 18+5=23 against Allosaur 2.]

His stone body slammed into the allosaurs leg and a sickening crack could be heard as the creature went down.

[Allosaur 2 failed STR check: 1. Is now prone with a broken leg]

Lamont continued his charge into the second creature and they slammed head on. Lamont using his strong arms to try and force the creature to the ground.

[Lamont and Allosaur 3 tited on STR check: 13. Allosaur 3 and Lamont are now grappling]

Leif watched as the remaining creature began to charge Lo. He quickly ran in front of her and the winds around him flared to life. "Shield your eyes!" He shouted to Lo just moments before the sand erupted in front of him. A giant dust devil formed right in front of them, spiraling and lifting sand within the torrent. "Stand down friend." He warned the creature, but it didn't stop. So he pushed the dust devil into the creatures path.

[Leif casts lv 4 Dust Devil. Allosaur 1 failed STR check: 2. Damage: 22 bludgeoning and pushed 10ft back. Is now Trapped within the cyclone.]

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Glenar13
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Lopiena smiled when her fireball scattered the creatures, but the smile quickly vanished when they came around from multiple sites. "Well that didn't work...I don't suppose anyone knows how to dispel magic?" It was almost a rhetorical question as the Allosaurs began their attack. No choice now but to fight. Feeling the immense power radiate off Lamont as he casts Stoneskin, Lo's eyes widen...she'd seen that spell once in a demonstration at a Festival, but the practical use is astounding! Wincing internally at the snap of the first Allosaur's leg, Lo watches Lamont grapple the second with wide eyes. With those huge teeth and claws he might get hurt...but he seems to be holding his own. Besides, Lo has her own challenges with the second one charging her. Readying a fighting stance, Lo is surprised by Leif running in front of her. Backing up a step at the sudden gust of wind, Lo barely manages to get her arm up in time to protect her eyes from the sudden blowing sand from the Dustdevil. Now that's a new one! Fascinated by the strength and power of his spell, Lo watches the Allosaurus get trapped by the moving funnel of wind and sand. There's still a third one, though...no time to stand around and do nothing! Without being able to dispel whatever brought these creatures here, taking them out quickly is the only real solution they have available. Staying behind Leif, Lo makes a motion as if picking a flower, then opens her hand to reveal a flame that she quickly manipulates into a large fireball. If they have to fight innocent creatures, hopefully she can put this one out of its misery quickly. Aiming for the eyes as suggested by Lamont, Lo throws her fireballs in rapid succession. "Sorry, friend. Pua 'ena'ena.." And again..." Pua 'ena'ena.."
(Changing things up a bit. Instead of Druidic spells written in red, I'm going to pick a language. This time it's Hawaiian, literal translation "flower of red-hot embers.")
(Attack roll 12+2; Druidic Cantrip Produce Flame×2; 3+4 followed by 7+4=18)
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:04 am

EAST GROUP

Lo's flames flew into the winds and began to spiral around the creature. The winds increased the flames until the dust devil was a flaming circle around the creature.

[Allosaur 1 takes 18 damage]

The creature being grappled by Lamont began swiping at his back with its sharp claws. The claws clanged against the stone skin and left Lamont completely undamaged.

[Allosaur attacks with claws: 9. Fail.]

The creature that had been thrown to the ground, roared in pain from the broken leg. It attempted to stand but with it's shorter arms and one broken leg it didn't have much luck.

[Allosaur 2 fails to stand. Still prone]

Lamont, using all of his strength to keep the creature in one place and still concentrating on keeping his stone skin active, pushed against the creature. He could feel the claws slapping against his back but he couldn't stop to think about them. He couldn't let go long enough to grab a weapon so he only had one other option. He looked down at the sand around the creature's feet and the sand began to rise.

He formed the sand around the creatures legs, all the way up to the torso and then it began to harden into rock, locking the creature in place.

[Allosaur 3 is restrained.]

Leif laughed. "Great job, Little Sister!" He shouted in response to Lo's fire. He increased the speed of the winds and tightened them around the creature so the flames and the sand continued to pelt the creature. It didn't take long for the combination to overwhelm the creature and when Leif let the winds calm the body of the large lizard slumpped to the ground immoble.

[Leif's attack: 14. Damage: 10. Allosaur 1 is DEAD]

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Glenar14
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 9:43 am

Watching the Allosaurus go down so quickly with their combined efforts, Lopiena grins up at Leif with his compliment. "Great job yourself, Big Brother." She grinned wider and almost laughed...it's so weird to hear those words coming from her mouth, but fighting side by side gave her a confidence she hadn't had before. "That wind funnel thingy is really cool! Maybe you can teach it to me, or at least what it's called. For now, though...it looks like Lamont can hold his own, but we should probably put the one with the broken leg out of its misery." Turning to (Allosaurus 2), Lo duplicates her same movements from before. Picking her flowers of fire from the air, Lo lobs two fireballs at the prone Allosaurus, again aiming for the eyes. "Pua 'ena'ena...pua 'ena'ena ."

(Attack roll: Nat 20! Woo! Cantrip Produce Flame, (7+4=11) (3+4=7) total attack 18)
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:16 am

[Woah! Critical Hit chart says: Triple Damage!!]

Lo's flame gained strength from the dryness in the air and erupted into a giant bonfire as soon as it hit the creature. It went up in flames, roaring in pain and when the flames died down there was nothing but ash remaining...

[Allosaur 2 is DEAD]

The remaining creature was still swiping uselessly at Lamont's stone covered back, ripping through his clothing easily but leaving his skin undamaged. Using the earth he molded before, Lamont began to push the earth against the creature. He made the sand grow up to the creatures neck, harden, and then tighten. With one final large push, a loud snap echoed and the creature fell limp with a broken neck.

[Lamont attack roll: nat 20! Broken neck!

EAST GROUP has Success!! Lopiena gains 450 XP]

Leif sighed as the last creature fell. He looked at the bodies and frowned. He knelt to the ground and closed his eyes. He drew a few druidic runes in the sand, which Lo would recognize as being signs for life, death, and forgiveness. He muttered a few words in druidic to himself, not easily heard by the others, before standing.

Lamont let his stone skin spell dissolve and his skin returned to its normal state. He turned to the others. "Are you both alright?"
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Lopiena looked at her hands in open-mouthed shock that her little fireball spell could cause such damage. Granted, Lamont had softened it up for her first but still! Now she finally understood why Gramma refused to teach her any dangerous spells; the temptation to use them on the boys in her village (one in particular) would have proven too great, and terrible things would have happened. Even now, though the Allosaurs had been attacking with intent to kill, they had still been driven to their path against their will. Kneeling next to Leif, Lo also closes her eyes in respect for the creatures. More innocent lives lost, all due to one maniac. Kakerot must be stopped!

Rising again, Lo nods at Lamont's question. "I'm fine, the creatures never even came near me. What about you? That was quite a bear hug, I don't think your shirt will ever be the same again." Lo tries to smile, but it's forced at best. Based on the tatters of his clothing, without the Stoneskin spell he would have been in bad shape! "...uhm. I have a sewing kit in my pack back in the village if you want, but something tells me we haven't seen the last of Kakerot." Looking around, Lo tries to identify the source of the disembodied voice they'd heard earlier. Nothing to see; no trace of anything unusual. Turning to Leif, Lopiena smiles. "I wonder if your friend Lev saw anything? Those lizards had to come from somewhere."

(even tried perception roll, got a 6 lol)
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Sigurd began walking slowly towards the incoming dinosaurs with a smirk. Keeping his sword in one hand and slightly behind him he scanned the landscape in front of him until his eyes spotted what he was looking for. A rock, slightly jagged weighing no more than five pounds. Planting his feet he stretched his right arm out, fist clenched with the exception of his index finger being outstretched. as if flicking the pages of a book, his finger flourished and pointed upwards. Suddenly the rock shifted and floated up from the sand until it was level with Sigurd's hand.

His eyes narrowed on Allosaur B and pointed his finger towards it, shooting the rock forward like an arrow.

Catapult Allosaur must succeed a Dex save of 11 or take 8+6+8= 22+3=25 DMG
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 1:13 pm

WEST GROUP (gonna try and get the West Group caught up a bit before posting for the East Group. It's difficult to deal with two different timezones... lol)

The rock flew straight into the center lizard and hit so hard that the creature stumbled and hit the sand.

[Allosaur B fails DEX roll: 6. Takes 25 damage. Is now prone.]

Another of the creatures continued to barrel forward towards Sigurd. It kicked off of the ground and sprung into the air, aiming with feet first towards Sigurd, claws outstretched.

[Allosaurs A used Pounce against Sigurd. Sigurd must succeed a DEX saving throw of 13 or be knocked prone. Damage: 12. Sigurd takes 6 slashing damage for the claw attack. If he fails the save throw, he will also be attacked with a bite attack. Damage: 13. Sigurd will take 6 piercing on a failed save.]

Ashwyn's eyes widened at the force that Sigurd was able to send that rock. It seemed like he continued to surprise her. She smiled at him, but it was short lived as the other creature pounced on him. She quickly knocked another arrow and took aim at it.

[Attack roll: 18. Damage: 3+2=5]

The arrow flew true and stuck into the creatures neck, causing it to roar in pain.

The remaining creature continued it's charge and then it too launched itself into the air towards Ashwyn.

[Allosaur C initiates Pounce against Ashwyn. Ashwyn succeed's DEX save: 20]

The creature pounced at Ashwyn, but she ducked and rolled a save distance away, avoiding any damage.

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Glenar10
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:05 pm

<Dex save was 13+2= 15, JUST saved, thanks dex bonus lol>

Sigurd watched the hulking lizard leap at him and braced himself against the impact. Taking the brunt of it's weight landed against the flat side of his sword. Feeling the claws rake his face only served to anger Sigurd more as he shoved the dinosaur to the side and followed after it with his sword aiming to cleave it's neck.

<ATK: 17+6= 23 DMG: 5+6+4=15>
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 am

WEST GROUP

Sigurd's sword followed the trail of the creature as he threw it off of him and landed squarely on its neck. The heavy blade sliced through the thick hide leaving it partially severed, killing the creature where it lay.

[Allosaur A is DEAD]

The lizard that Sigurd knocked over struggled to right itself until it finally stood.

[Allosaur B is no longer prone]

Ashwyn watched Sigurd end the first creature and moved her attention back to the creature that just tried to pounce her. She drew another arrow and let it fly.

[Attack roll: Nat 20 (woo!!) Triple Damage. Damage= 21]

Her arrow struck the creature struck straight through the creatures neck, making it difficult for the creature to breathe. But that didn't stop it from turning and thrashing at Ashwyn with it's sharp claws.

[Allosaur C attack roll: 17. Damage: 9]

The claws sliced through Ashwyn's arm, leaving her bloodied, but she managed to stay upright.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 am

Sigurd pulled his bloodied sword from the sand and turned to face the lizard that had been attacking his mate. Tightening his grip he spun on the balls of his feet and put all of his weight into his swing

<ATK 8+6= 14 with advantage on flanking so 3+6=9 oh boy... 14 it is.
If it hits then DMG 3+4+4=11>
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 10:19 am

Sigurd's sword sliced along the back of the creature, leaving a rough and raw gash. It roared in anger, blood spraying the sand.

The now righted beast, charged forward and leapt into the air towards the bigger danger of the two, Sigurd.

[Allosaur B pounces Sigurd. Claw damage: 7. Sig takes 3 slashing. STR save of 13 to avoid Bite damage:  11. Sig would take 5 on a fail]

The wounded and bleeding Allosaur reared angrily towards Ashwyn, jaws aimed right for her throat.

[Allosaur C attacks: 13. Fail]

The creatures teeth caught Ashwyn around the middle but her armor prevented her from being cut to ribbons. She managed to get free and roll to safety. As she rolled she nocked another arrow and as soon as she righted herself again she let the arrow fly.

[Ashwyn attack: 16. Damage: 8. Allosaur C takes 8 damage.]

The arrow struck its chest and made it rear back in pain and anger.

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Glenar15
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:08 pm

STR save 19+3=22

Sigurd was getting very tired of being jumped on by these creatures, once again shoving the beast to the side, he threw his blade forward
ATK: 13+6= 19 DMG 1(4)+4+4=12
Following after his blade Sigurd sinks his teeth into the dinosaurs flesh with a deep throaty growl.
ATK: 20! (Crit chart result follows)

As Sigurd's teeth found purchase in the leathery hide of the Allosaur's throat he could feel it's breath begin to labour under the pressure of his jaws. A familiar iron taste licked at his pallet as the creatures blood began to trickle into his mouth. Sigurd's nostrils flared and his eyes opened wide as the thrill of the hunt invigorated his senses. Digging his claws into its side he bit down hard reveling in feeling the lizard's larynx crush in his mouth, another rush of blood and Sigurd pulled back quickly tearing windpipe, meat and sinew away with him. The light in the Allosaur's eyes dimes and it collapsed lifeless to the sand.

Throwing his head back, Sigurd chewed his mouthful of carnage and swallowed it before turning his gaze at the last enemy, teeth bared and bloody.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:31 pm

[Thanks to the Crit Hit chart, Allosaur B is DEAD]

Ashwyn stared wide eyed at Sigurd's vicious attack on the creature. She felt a strange combination of terror and arousal as she watched him end the life of another creature. But she didn't have time to dwell on it as there was still one last creature to address.

She quickly nocked another arrow, making a mental note to try and collect them later as she was running low. She fired at the remaining creature.

[Ashwyn's attack: 14. Damage: 6. Allosaur C takes 6 damage.]

The creature was barely holding on to life, but his rage continued to fuel him as he slashed once again at Ashwyn.

[Allosaur C's Attack: 6]

Ashwyn easily danced out of the way, its rage was strong but its body was beginning to give out on it. Ashwyn knew that it woudln't last long, especially now that Sigurd was focused on it.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Sigurd let out what could only be described as a roar as he dropped his sword leapt at the last enemy. Using the claws on his hands and feet he latched onto its side and bit down hard on the back of it's neck where the spine met the skull. He was intending to sever that connection.

ATK: 15 claws: 2+2+3= 7 ATK: 23 bite: 6+3= 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next