Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Lopiena

Lopiena

Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Walking with Zane through the darkness, Lopiena looks over at the Enchanted Pool which now seems to be gleaming brighter than ever. Thinking back to her conversation with Ashwyn, Lo can't help but compare this pool and her own mental image of what the Mana Well might look like...and while she's hesitant to ask certain questions at the risk of revealing what she'd sworn to secrecy, part of Sigurd's mission...and now her own...is to find help. "Myri...I don't remember if it was you or Vilarr, but someone mentioned that you protect the pool from those who would taint it. How can that happen? And what can be done to cleanse the pool if it does? I mean..." shaking her head, Lo tries to phrase her questions a little less harsh. "I guess how it would happen is less important than how it would be cleansed, but I'd assume you'd have to know what it is before you can fix it."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Myri turned to look at Lopiena as she spoke of the pool. When she finished Myri nodded, thinking carefully about her words.

"Well, I'm sure there are all kinds of ways to taint the pool. I don't know about all of them but I do know that there's been a couple of incidents over the years." She said. "Once a wizard had managed to get the pool and cast a very powerful spell on it to block the powers from anyone but himself. That took a really long time to break. Lots of rituals. It took us a year to get the spring working again." She shook her head.

"That's aweful." Zane said.

She nodded. "It really was. But there was an even worse one that happened before I joined them. Serissa told me all about it. An evil woman who had sold herself to the service of a demon had found the pool one day when Serissa and Vilarr were sleeping. She tainted the pool with some kind of blood ritual that made the demon she served stronger. Vilarr said that it was over a century before they were able to cleanse the spring of that evil." She shuttered.

Cirro frowned. "That was before my time here as well. But the Queen was alive then. She's told us how dark and frightening the forest was in those days." He shook his head.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 10:45 am

Lopiena's eyes widened sligtly as Myri told the stories of what had happened. "It sounds dreadful. And so complicated to cleanse again...a full century? That's a long tme." frowning to herself in the darkness, Lo shakes her head. Rituals, cleansing spells, and a full century. They didn't have that kind of time. Well at least that's some information, though how useful it would be is anyone's guess. Not sure how much more information she can glean without probing too deeply, Lo tries to be more roundabout with her questions. "I'd heard stories of how dangerous the Fey Forest used to be, and still can be sometimes...but I always thought they were just stories. My grandmother used to tell me of an evil demon that would snatch little girls if they wandered off too far, I always thought she was just making it up." Lo grins at the memory. "What other stories have you heard?" Something else nagged in her mind, and she turned slightly to Cirro. "How long ago is 'before your time,' anyway?" Slightly more polite than straight out asking how old he was, but not much.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 6:57 am

Myri nodded to Lopiena as they approached the shelter again. "Yes, it is complicated. That's why we work so hard to protect it. It affects the ecosystem of the entire forest."

When Lo spoke of a demon Myri shrugged. "I don't know anything about a child snatching demon. There's nothing like that in this forest. Not anymore anyway."

Cirro thought for a moment. "There might have been back when the spring was tainted. I remember something the Queen said about a creature that would kidnap others and drink of their blood to sustain itself. But I don't know if it was a demon or not." He said. He was so deep in thought as he tried to remember the story that he didn't notice Lo's question at first. When he turned and saw her looking at him expectently he blushed. "Oh, I'm sorry." He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm only 54. The spring was tainted many many years before I was ever born."

Myri jumped over to Cirro's side and took his arm. "Yup! And he's the youngest head cleric the faries have ever had!" She beamed and Cirro blushed.

"Myri...." He groaned.

"What? You are!"

Zane perked up a bit. "Oh? Is that right? Quite impressive, young man." He said with a nod as he reentered the shelter to find Sigurd and Ashwyn laying back on the moss, Pip fast asleep.

Ashwyn's ears had been twitching for a while as the group approached and she glanced up as they entered. By the excitement still present in Lo's eyes she took it to mean they had a good time. "Learn anything new?" She asked them with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 7:47 pm

Lopiena nodded at Myri's description of how the ecosystem works, but only grins at Cirro's description of the demon.  "I just assumed my Gramma was making it up to to keep me in line.  I was...an unruly child." Lo grins.

Although she can't see Cirro blush, she can hear the embarrassment in his voice at Myri's comments.  "...and he's modest, too." Lo grins, quoting something she'd heard someone else say earlier. "But still...only 54?"  Shaking her head, Lo grins ruefully.  "I guess I'm still the youngest one here.  Still though. Head Cleric is quite an honor, and the youngest ever?  Wow.  Impressive indeed."  Echoing Zane's comment, Lo doesn't really smile...she'd had enough of people trying to make more of themselves due to titles and other such honors.  The only honor she cared about was those that are earned with time...trust, respect, loyalty.  Those are still to be seen.

When they arrive in the rest area where the others are, the first thing Lo sees in the bowl of fruit being offered by Alba.  Suddenly ravenous, her stomach rather unkindly reminds her that a few pieces of dried meat all day is not sufficient...but she just didn't have the heart to eat anything earlier considering everything that had happened, and it's time to get sleep.  Not the first time she'd gone to bed empty, anyway....but it looks so good...no.  Not unless specifically offered.

Looking up at Ashwyn's questions, Lo grins.  "Maybe.  There are lots of really interesting plants, even one that feeds the other plants just by existing and doing what it is intended to do."  Turning a bit more serious, Lo turns to Ashwyn and lowers her voice a bit.  "We also learned that the Enchanted Pool is...well, a target for evil in the forest.  There are those who seek its power for their own use or even foul it with evil."  Lo shakes her head.  "Cleansing it is possible, but it's a bunch of rituals and stuff.  Takes a long time.  The Dryads have been protecting it for a while now to prevent such things from happening again."  Brightening, Lo shifts direction as if none of this information had been sought with any purpose in mind.  "And apparently even the trees are part of protecting the pool!  They can actually move to recreate paths, pretty exciting!!"  Sinking into the soft moss, Lo smiles at the sleeping Pip.  "How's he doing?  It's been quite a day, especially for a little one."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Sigurd ate the sliced fruit slowly as he listened to the idle chatter all around them, He noted some things about their enchanted pool and how it almost sounded similar to ThunderKnoll's mana-well. But to his knowledge it hadn't been tainted by some unknown evil, and no one outside of the Alpha and a few trusted others have even SEEN the well. It would certainly be something to consider and look into in the future, saving the forest from the impending doom of the wasteland was more of a priority right now. It's future would be the same as everyone else if they fail anyway.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 am

Ashwyn took in Lopiena's new information silently, letting it slowly process in her mind. Meanwhile she watched Cirro and Zane take the offered fruit from Alba as Myri dove in herself.

Ashwyn looked at Lo and nodded. "It's good information to keep in mind." She said softly. When she asked about Pip Ash smiled. "He's doing very well." She said as she looked down fondly at him. "He's had a rough couple of days but... he's handling things very well." She reached across Sigurd's lap to fondly stroke the sleeping fox pup.

Zane and Cirro rejoined them after a few moments and Zane stepped towards the moss. "Well, I do believe sleep is in order."

Ashwyn nodded. "Agreed. We have a long journey ahead of us."

Cirro turned to Myri and Alba. "We thank you again for letting us stay here tonight. We'll be out of the way at first light."

Alba shook his head. "You're not in the way. Make yourselves at home." He smiled.

Ashwyn pushed herself back against the treeline wall so she could curl herself around Pip. As she moved, she pulled Sigurd along with her, wrapping his arms around her middle.

Zane propped himself in a half sitting half laying position on the edge of the moss while Cirro sat down near him.

Cirro looked at Lo and smiled. "I'm sorry if I offended you with the way I spoke of my age. I suppose that was inconsiderate of me. I'm used to being the youngest in my circle so I suppose it get embarrassed by it. I'm terribly sorry." He said before he lay down as well.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 9:44 am

Watching the others eating, Lo reaches for one of the bowls of fruit. Whether she'd been specifically offered or not, she’s starved and politeness doesn't sustain the body. Devouring several pieces of fruit while Ashwyn strokes the sleeping Pip and the others start bedding down, Lo listens quietly to Cirro's explanation. He's been apologizing an awful lot, and she hadn't meant to sound offended...hmm. "No offense taken at all. I can certainly relate to being embarrassed by being so young, even in my own family...and it seems everyone has longer life spans than humans." Smiling ruefully, she watches Cirro with a thoughtful expression. It's time to say what should have been said a while ago, and the fact that the Dryads are present...well, maybe they have some thoughts to offer. "You know...it's been a rough day, no doubt about that, but...you've been really helpful and kind in spite of everything, and I haven't really given you a chance. I won't pretend that everything is fine between your people and ours, but...well, if I had to answer to everything humans have done I should be executed on the spot." The barest ghost of a smile flickers on her lips but is gone almost immediately. "I would like to try again, to see you for your own actions and not judge you by the terrible decisions of others. That said..." Lo pauses and sighs. "I still don't know what your intentions are. I don't understand why you chose to leave so suddenly, seemingly without planning ahead of time. Cirro...Bee. I want to trust you. I want to believe that your intentions are good. But it's going to take time."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 am

Cirro nodded at her words. "Of course. I expected that." He smiled at her. "I'm glad that you will try and not hold Princess Peanut's actions against me. Though I also understand why you'd want to." He nodded.

"And my decision to join you might seem sudden to you. But to me... well, I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. The Fey Forest is everything to me. It pains me that it's in such danger and I've done little more than react to it. It's time that changes."

He smiled again. "And I ask nothing of you. Of anything of you. Only that you allow me to follow you."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Sigurd smiled as he was pulled down with his mate and Pip. He wasn't sure how comfortable she'd be with his armor so close but if she was alright with it, he didn't see the need to take it off. Kissing the back of her neck softly he just nestled himself into Ashwyn and waited for sleep to take him.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Sleep took them all quickly. After the stress of the day they were all exsausted and a good nights sleep in soft moss with protective dryads watching over them was the perfect way to recover.

Morning came with a cool breeze through the trees. The rain from the night before hung in the air making it thick and heavy, but the breeze was refreshing when it hit. By the time the party awoke, it was to find Alba and Myri gone, to be replaced by Vilarr and Serissa. They turned to the sound of waking bodies.

"Good morrow, friends!" Vilarr said with a smile. "Alba and Myri have already begun their watch at the pool, but they wished to say goodbye before you leave."

"We hope you enjoyed the night?" Serissa asked with a kind smile.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Slowly waking from her spot huddled against the living trees that make up the rest area, Lo vainly tries to remember her garbled dreams. Probably not anything worth remembering anyway given yesterday's events, but she'd hoped to have dreams of the trees, at least. Oh well. Stretching carefully to avoid disturbing anyone, Lo smiles at Vilarr and Serissa. "Thank you for sharing your rest area with us. I don't think I've slept so peacefully in weeks. I'll be sure to stop by
Myri and Alba on the way out." Blinking sleepily, she looks between the two Dryads. "Uhm. I wanted to apologize again for my attitudes and mistrust last night. Your hospitality far outweighs my own shortcomings, and...well...thank you. I...yeah." Smiling ruefully, Lo tries to get her brain to wake up. "Uhm. How was your watch last night?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Vilarr smiled down at the young druid. "Uneventful. Luckily." He said in answer to her question with a slight chuckle. "And think nothing of it, dear girl. I am no stranger to distrust. My years here have made me very suspicious too. I do not fault you or any of your companions."

Serissa brought over a root bowl filled with clean water. "Are you thirsty?" She asked, offering her the bowl.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Accepting the offered water with a smile, Lo bows slightly in respect. "Thank you, yes. Water is greatly appreciated. And an uneventful night is certainly the best kind." Drinking some water, she watches them over the edge of the bowl. "How often have you had need to be concerned about unwelcome visitors? Have the attacks that have plagued the forest come here as well?"
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Sigurd slept through most of the night, at some point however he had woken up, shifted into his dire wolf form and curled around Ashwyn and Pip as if to protect them from the breeze that was gently rolling through the trees. Even though he was basically unconscious to the world when he went back to sleep, his ears were constantly darting back and forth like little radar dishes, searching for any hint of danger to send his sleeping body into a state of readiness.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 8:14 am

When the breeze had started during the night it had chilled Ashwyn's body until she was unconsciously shivering. When Sigurd shifted to his dire-wolf form and curled back around her, she had curled into his soft warm fur and slowly her body stopped shivering. She never even woke up and once she was curled into his warmth she slept better than she ever had before. She woke to the sound of voices as Loipiena and the dryads spoke. She blinked into consciousness and then noticed Sigurd's transformation. She smiled at him and leaned in till her forehead was nuzzled against his.

"Good morning, my love." She said softly to him.

Zane had curled himself around his book bag and woke with a bit of a jerk. He looked around, as though confused where he was at, and finally seemed to remember himself as he sat up.

Cirro was already up and walked back into the room holding another couple of bowls of water. "Anyone else thirsty?" He asked, before handing one bowl to Zane and handing over another towards Ashwyn, Sigurd and Pip.

Pip had stirred and immediately began lapping at the water.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 8:39 am

Still listening to anything the Dryads would be willing to talk about, Lo unconsciously turns as the others rouse. She hadn't noticed Sigurd shifting in the night, though it does make sense given the chill in the air. Lo hadn't even noticed it beyond the fact that she's always cold first thing in the morning; sleeping so close to the base of a large tree had blocked most of the wind, and her ever-present blanket had taken out most of the chill.

Now awake, Lo smiles at the Dryads again. "Thank you for the refreshing water. If ever there is something within my power to repay your kindness, please let me know. I sincerely hope we meet again in times of peace." Handing the bowl back, Lo returns to her abandoned blanket and starts folding it in preparation to leave again. Watching Cirro out of the corner of her eye, she considers his words. Just a desire to follow, and a wish to protect his home...seems genuine enough.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Sigurd's eye cracked open slowly, seeing Ashwyn's face and hearing her words caused his tail to thud happily on the ground. Shifting back to his human form he smiled "Good morning, I trust you slept relatively well?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 7:17 am

Ashwyn smiled as he shifted. Once he was human again she moved in to nuzzle his forehead again with her own. "Thanks to your warmth, I did." She said fondly, touching his lips with her own briefly and smiling.

Vilarr smiled at Lopiena. "You are all welcome any time. We hope to see you pass back this way on your way home."

Serissa nodded as she handed more water to Sigurd and Ashwyn, well, rather, she set the bowl next to them as they seemed to be distracted.

Cirro leaned in to Lopiena a bit and lowered his voice, though he knew Sigurd and Ashwyn would still be able to hear him no matter how softly he spoke. "Are they always like this?" He asked, motioning to the pair.

Zane looked up from the water, confused. "Hm? Is who like what?"

Cirro raised a brow and lowered his voice a bit more. "And is he always like that??" He added with a soft chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 am

Done repacking her blanket, Lopiena pulls out her new cloak and wraps it around herself. Grinning at Cirro's questions, she turns and responds in an equally soft voice. "Well...'always' is a strong word, but yes and yes...mostly." Not quite giggling, she glances first at Sigurd and Ashwyn. "That's actually fairly new. They've apparently known each other for a while, but only recently realized how remarkable life can be when together. Still exploring just how remarkable, and time is precious." Looking over at Zane, she grins wider. "And...great knowledge sometimes gets lost in the greatness of the world. In other words, can't see the forest for the trees. There is certainly great knowledge to be found, though. It just requires a little patience." Smirking slightly, Lo shakes her head. "Sometimes a lot of patience. But that's ok."

Looking back at Cirro, Lo tries to redirect the conversation back to him but isn't sure what to ask. "So...uhm...are you usually an early riser? Did you sleep ok?"
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Sigurd gave Ashwyn a gentle playful headbutt as they touched and then kissed her sweetly. "One of the joys of being who I am, I never need blankets" he said with a smirk. As Cirro asked Lopiena baout their behaviour, his eyes narrowed. It was none of Cirro's business how they acted together and Sigurd was not about to put his affections on a leash for some bug man.

Last edited by Alan_Dietrich on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Cirro chuckled at Lopiena's answer, not noticeing Sigurd's look. When she asked about his being awake he shrugged. "A bit I suppose. I was usually the first up to prep for the day. I suppose my body is still tuned for it."

Ashwyn glanced towards Cirro at his comments about her and Sigurd and immediately noticed Sigurd's look. She took his face in her hands and shook her head." Forget him." She said softly. She kissed him once more before finally standing.

"We should move. Still a lot of ground to cover before nightfall."

Zane yawned and nodded. "Yes yes... Quite so." He stood ans stretched his old bones. "Well, no time like the present."

Cirro nodded as well and turned to Vilarr and Serissa. "Thank you again for letting us stay here. Stay safe my friends."

Vilarr and Serissa smiled. "The pleasure was ours. Good luck in your journey. All of you."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 12:43 am

Focused more on Zane and Cirro, Lopiena didn't fully observe whatever was exchanged between Ashwyn and Sigurd, but there's definitely a chill in the air and it's not just the cool breeze. Well hopefully their expanding group will be able to come together soon; pairing off is all well and good while traveling, but at some point there's something to be said for working together. Tying off her cloak to the chill and resettling her misshapen pack...still need to find some good stout sticks, that'll be task further down the road...Lo nods to Ashwyn and Zane. "Far time to be off." Turning to Vilarr and Serissa, Lo bows deeply in respect. "Thank you so much for your hospitality and kindness. It has been an honor and a pleasure to meet you, and I sincerely hope we will meet again in times of peace." Standing back up and smiling, Lo turns to Cirro. "We should stop by the pool to see Alba and Myri as well. You know the way better than I." Stepping to the back of the group to let Cirro and Zane lead the way, she stops and smiles almost hopefully at Sigurd and Ashwyn. There's nothing to be said really, and it will take time to rebuild the trust that was shattered so completely yesterday. Still though. That warm feeling of companionship that had only just started flowering is already wavering, and Lo isn't entirely certain what to do about it.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 am

Cirro nodded to Lo when she said he knew the way better than her. He said his goodbyes to Vilarr and Serissa once more and led the way out of the shelter.

It was a short walk to the pool and and soon they were greeting and saying goodbye to Myri and Alba once again. Conversation was brief and thanks were exchanged before the party was off. It wasn't long before they were on their way back through the forest.

Ashwyn had been taking the lead but decided to hang back and let Cirro lead. He supposedly knew the way anyway. If she didn't like the direction he was going she'd say something, but for now she remained silent from the back of the group.

Zane lumbered through the middle of the group taking in all of the sights along the way as usual. He was trying to apply the knowledge he gleaned from Lo and the dryads as he silently identified various plantlife as he walked.

Cirro felt slightly awkward that he was being trusted to lead, but he hoped it meant they were at least starting to trust him. Even if just a little. "If we keep up this pace we should reach the edge of the forest by midday." He said to the others over his shoulder.

"Anything we should expect along the way?" Ash asked.

"Not till the edge." Cirro said. "There's a small settlement at the edge of the forest that's been serving as a base for the Elves of Eventide to observe the movements of the troops along the edge of the Wasteland. I'd imagine they'd allow us to trade for certain supplies if we're running low on anything before we head into the wastes."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 14, 2018 12:49 am

Following the others, Lo silently enjoys the opportunity to observe everyone move as they travel along.  There's a certain grace and strength to Ashwyn's movements, formidable strength and deadly grace from Sigurd, and Zane...well, is Zane.  Cirro though...also grace and strength, but somehow different.  Instead of the way Ashwyn seems to glide smoothly across the ground or the silent, stealthy way Sigurd moves like a wolf on the prowl, Cirro seems to almost be poised for flight but hadn't quite taken off yet.  The result should look gangly, but he somehow pulls it off to look almost like a dancer.  The muscles beneath the surface seem to be formed the same way; not nearly as buff and bulky as Sigurd, but very well defined and it's clear that he knows how to wield that fork thingy he carries.  Fascinated, Lo finds herself watching her companions more than where she's going and almost falls on her face tripping on a root.  Cursing herself silently, she shakes her head at her own clumsiness. What is wrong with you?  Head in the clouds like a starry eyed fool girl!  Good thing no one has asked about that moon ceremony, because...Oh!  

Wide eyed in shock from her own musings, Lo nearly stops walking entirely at the realization but quickly catches herself and continues walking while thinking furiously.  The full moon is tomorrow night, and the nearly full moon will be on the horizon before the sun sets tonight!  No wonder she's been so addled...making eyes at a complete stranger, getting off on a simple (ok not so simple) ride through the forest, listening to the enjoyment of others...the full moon always affects her this way!  Rolling her eyes upward, Lo silently berates herself.  Stupid human body with stupid basal desires.  Normally this close to full moon she'd be helping Gramma prepare for the full moon ceremony, or hiding in the forest with a book, or something else to be as far from men as possible.  No chance now...can't very well leave the party just to avoid making a fool of herself again, and she'd walk right into a hornet's nest if she tried to read while walking.  Nothing for it but to recenter and bury all of these foolish desires in the dark recesses of her mind where they belong.  Except basal desires aren't just mind games...gritting her teeth against the internal war raging inside, Lo desperately tries to think of something else. Anything else.  Need to find sticks for the pack, pine or larch would make nice shafts with just the right hardness...NO! Get a hold of yourself Lo, at this rate even Zane will look good by tomorrow night!  That rather frightening thought is just the splash of cold water her raging hormones needs.  Finally recentered, Lo focuses on the trees.  If the edge of the forest is that near, any additional herbs, sticks, or other woodland supplies have to be located now.

All of this internal debate happened without so much as one word spoken aloud, but Lopiena's heartrate and breathing changed dramatically several times in the space of a few minutes.  Still hanging in the back, Lo appears to be looking around intently at the forest while ignoring her companions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert   Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter Three: Trials Toward the Desert
Page 15 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next