Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Sigurd enjoyed the walk through the down it was certainly more relaxed than his sleep apparently was. He yawned occasionally as they traveled. He fought to remember what his nightmare was but only blurry images escaped his mental grasp. he looked to Ashwyn and smiled, the rays of sunlight would hit her every so often and she'd seem to glow. Despite her past he made a silent vow to make sure her future would be a happier one.

When they reached the Archdruid's temple Sigurd smiled at the collaboration of smells emanating from the ancient structure. As they passed the other druids he glanced at Lopiena and offered her an encouraging smile, gesturing with his eyes around them. It wasn't long until the oldest Elf Sigurd had ever seen stood in front of them. He bowed his head respectfully but was taken aback by his apparent recognition. "Yes, The moonflower maple is doing quite, thank you for asking"
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Walking through the city in the daylight, Lopiena enjoys the sights and smells of the growing forest and sparkling city construction...or at least she would if the butterflies in her stomach would just calm down a little!  Trying to stay focused and enjoy the day (every day is an adventure, if you would just see it) Lo can't help but wonder what the High Druid is like.  Is he formal and ritualistic with no use for Lo's over the top emotions like Gramma?  Or serious and strong like Mother?  Or something else entirely...he wouldn't be cruel, or he wouldn't like in a peaceful place like Eventide...

The fantastic earthen root building is incredible...it must have taken centuries to grown the tree roots in that pattern!...and seeing so many druids in one place makes Lopiena look around in open-mouthed wonder.  In her village a group this large would only come together for special events, and it looks like this is just another ordinary day...if taming a giant plant is ever ordinary!

Bowing low when Ishal does, Lo watches the Archdruid's every movement carefully, not sure what to expect.  As he talks to and describes each of the party members in turn, she wonders how he knows all of these things...when he gets to her, she looks up in surprise. He knew my great-great-grandmother? But how?...suddenly remembering her manners, she bows low in acknowledgement of his words. His afterthought about making mistakes causes her to blush, though.  He must have heard the thunder this morning...then again, who didn't!  But as he turns to address them, her nerves dissipate.  He's...nice!  With all the fears that had been bubbling in her all morning, it is an unexpected surprise.  Still, there are certain formalities that are to be expected in this sort of setting.  Bowing low again, Lopiena carefully intones the High Druidic Chant that had been trained into her from childhood.  Gramma was VERY fond of rituals, and had made Lopiena recite this one on a near regular basis...fortunately since the Archdruid had skipped the formalities that normally come with entering, standing arrangements, and the usual gifts beforehand she feels comfortable reciting the shortened version.
"O Highly Esteemed One who has Crafted Life out of Heart and Mind, We Thank You for the Generosity of Your Presence!  We humbly come before Thee seeking the Gift of Thy Knowledge that we may perform our duties to maintain Life and Growth in the World in which we abide.  We beseech Thee that the Life that Thou wouldst bestow upon the the Living World that surrounds Thee such that Thy Great Knowledge may continue as Life doth also continue."  hey it doesn't make any sense but ritual is ritual...

That done, she bows again and shifts back to Common. "Thank you for the gift of your time.  We humbly request knowledge of the living creatures called Anaurochs and those that fight the peace of  this forest.  The fires that have come upon your lands have been devastating, and any observations you have of these creatures or the methods of their attack would be invaluable."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Ashwyn enjoyed the city during the day. The amount of people around was aboiut the same but it was a very different crowd. But her favorite part had to be Sigurd's hand in her own. She hadn't been able to stop smiling since they left the room and even though they had just had a horrible scare she just couldn't wipethe smile from her face. Even as she enjoyed the sites she continued to steal glances at him.SHe probably looked like a fool but she just couldn't stop.

And entering the Druids area was amazing. SHe was very impressed at the construction of the building. She'd never seen anything like it.

When the Archdruid began speaking to them she was amazed by the familiarity he had with them all. He even knew her parents names. ANd her grandfather?? Not even SHE could remember his name most of the time. They hadn't exactly gotten along.

"Oh, uhm...thank you Sir..." SHe said uncertian but notwanting to be rude as he moved on. She glanced to Sigurd, her shock clear on her face as he spoke to Zane and then Lopiena.

When he stopped in front of them, Zane was about to step forward and speak to him when Lo did it for him.

The ArchDruid listened to Lopiena and nodded along to her words. When she finally finished he nodded. "Well,I see you take after your Great great grandfather too. ALways was a fan of all that pomp."
He shook his head.

"Ishal here informs me that you are on a mission to solve the growing hostilities, eh?' He nodded. "Well, I have detailedreports that my druids have made of the creatures we've seen thus far. But I fear that there is more to come." He turned to Lopiena. "Surely you've felt it, dear?" He shook his head. "The trees are speaking of the dangers to come. We've already lost several acres of forest along the borders. We can't keep up with the regrowing."
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 am

Sigurd stepped forward "We would like to hear those detailed reports. As far as I'm aware our mission is only to gather information concerning the issues on your borders. As yet I haven't received any intelligence to indicate who or what it is we're actually seeking and if a change of situation will lead us beyond the forest and into the wasteland of a desert..." he said formally. "However if your druids have information from the border then it would seem our reconnaissance is unnecessary... wouldn't it.." There was a slight edge to his voice, he hated being kept in the dark on details.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 4:59 am

Listening respectfully to the Archdruid and privately wishing all the formalities could be done away with...for all of her training, it was the rituals she hated the most...Lopiena froze mentally and physically at mention of her great-great-grandfather.  Gramma had told her that it was a tradition reaching back many generations to only have women in their family, specifically three: the Elder, the Matron and the Maiden.  No more, no less...and no husbands, fathers, or brothers.  Lo had often wondered about who her father might be, but her early questions as a child had been quashed by her grandmother in such a way that she had never dared ask again...but if it only went back five generations?  If it truly was, as Mother had often muttered, a 'stupid and backwards tradition' that had ripped her family apart?  A cold knot formed in her belly.  She had been told by some that her mother had screamed and wept when her first baby...a boy...had been ripped from her arms and given to the village to be raised in anonymity.  Her mother had left soon after that to find places where rituals and traditions didn't rule her life, and only returned many years later carrying a baby girl with a funny sounding foreign name...Lopiena. Lo had never learned more than that, and even that much had come to light only when her mother left the second time shortly after Lo's Coming of Age ceremony. The only thing that had sustained her in that time of upheaval was knowing that someday she would grow to be the Elder and could finally do away with all of the stupidity that she'd been raised under, but maybe...just maybe! Some amount of family history could be revealed, and she would finally understand how it started...and therefore stop it!  Swaying slightly at the ramifications of it all, Lo barely hears what the Archdruid says until he speaks directly to her...and even then she doesn't quite catch what he's getting at. Only the edge in Sigurd's voice snaps her out of it...they have a mission, lives are at stake, pay attention!  Unfortunately she'd completely missed whatever had irritated him.  Keeping her silence, Lo waits for someone else to speak, hoping she can cobble together whatever had been said already from the ensuing discussion.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 1:56 pm

The old druid turned to face Sigurd as he spoke. The irritation evident in his tone, though he remained professional all the same. He locked eyes with the young man, a piercing gaze that lesser men would cower under.

"Quite right, young man." He said at last. "I suppose you may as well pack up and go home then, eh? Nothing more can possibly be gained." A very small boy ran up suddenly and handed the old elf a stack of rolled parchments before running away again. The druid held them up to Sigurd's eye level. "Why, with these meager scrolls I have the power to end the war right here. Don't know why they never ask me these things. You may as well leave." He shrugged, setting the scrolls on the table nearby.

Though his voice was serious and his tone short, there was a sparkle of laughter in his eyes.

Ashwyn stepped up next to Sigurd and placed a hand on his arm. "Please, ArchDruid. We mean no disrespect."

Zane stepped up as well. "ArchDruid, Our mission here is unclear, even to us. All we know is that our villages did not want to sit idly by while our livelihoods are threatened. We're not even sure what we'll be able to do, if anything. But our people are in the dark and so they've sent us to be their flame. Your ways in this forest are foreign to us even though we're so close. Our people are standing by with what warriors they have available and if we give the word they will come to your aid, but we'd like to fully understand what we will be sending them into first. With respect." He bowed his head as he finished his statement.

The old druid finally cracked a smile that was mostly hidden under his wild beard. "Knowledge is always a commendable goal. I don't pretend to be a politician, but I believe if this matter could be settled diplomatically then it would have been. The problem is, there's no one to negotiate with.Not that we have seen. We've seen the beasts, and I can provide you information on each of them. But someone must be sending them this way. And we do not know who it is." He looked at each one in turn again.

"I fear your mission will lead you to the edges of this forest and beyond. Our scouts tell us that the eastern edges of the forest are most heavily affected and perhaps some sort of leadership has been seen there, and simply hasn't come this far. But my instinct tells me that your goal will be within the Anauroch Wasteland itself. If I had to guess..." He turned to the table and unrolled the oldest of the scrolls so it lay flat and beckoned the four of them to gather round. The scroll revealed an ancient map.  He pointed at a point in the middle of the desert.

"I would say that the creatures are being commanded from the Temple of Kossuth. The temple is located deep inside of Azrrhat Peak. A very long way from here. At least a week taking normal routes. You might be able to make it 4 days if you don't sleep, but I wouldn't recommend traveling much during the day. The desert is scorchingly hot and rain is extremely rare. Not to mention that all manner of creature roams the desolate landscape. It's also dotted with caves though, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find shelter during the day. But be careful at night as well. More creatures and temperatures drop quite rapidly."

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 Areama10
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 pm

Still wondering what she'd missed in the few short moments of her own inattention, Lo eyes the scrolls with interest. Probably border reports or perhaps descriptions of the creatures that have been leading the attacks...but if no leaders have been identified, it certainly makes finding the source of the attacks that much harder. When he pulls out the map, though...Lopiena quickly identifies the location of her own small village, nestled where the river leaves the mountains and enters the forested lands. Although she's seen crude maps back home, they tended to focus on the lowlands...the village, the foothills of the mountains, and a few of the nearest villages for trading. Fey Forest and the High Forest were sketched in as grey unknowns, and anything else rarely got a mention other than an arrow pointing in a general direction. This map is so much larger in scale, and makes even Fey Forest look small! Considering the time it had taken them to get to Eventide, not even the edge of Fey Forest...the Anauroch Wasteland must be massive! Although she had never been to the Wasteland herself, her mother had told stories of it and she'd studied its creatures and climate: hot, arid, blinding sun, thorny plants, poisonous creatures. Although she has a few ideas about what they would need to prepare, the vastness of their quest seems more than a little daunting at the moment.

"Archdruid, if you please. Would you be willing to share your knowledge of the creatures of the wasteland? I have heard that some of the plants there can be used for water, food, even medicine...but using the wrong ones could be a deadly mistake. As we prepare to enter the area, any insight you have about what we might expect would be invaluable."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 11:53 pm

Sigurd didn't appreciate being talked down too but the Archdruid was not only vastly his elder but by how much magical energy he was sensing, far superior. He'd let it slide... pick your battles. Listening to his rundown of the situation, he nodded along. Sigurd had read a lot of maps in his childhood, his father's study was littered with information of different territories from the Faerûn continent. Those that were explored anyway.

"Safer to take the week to get there" He decided "No sense in rushing through the desert only to come across whatever's commanding these creatures exhausted. We'll need supplies to weather these condition and I'd like copies of the information on what your scouts have seen already. Anything that can give us a clue into weaknesses, or resistances." He was in command mode, it brought him back to practice raids at home with the pups. It made him long for home again.

He listened to Lopiena speak he smiled and turned to their druid companion "I'm certain your knowledge will make you a great asset on this journey Lopiena"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 11:01 am

The old elf rolled the map back up and took it, along with the other rolled scrolls, and shoved them all into a bag. He handed the bag to Lopiena.

"This is all the information we have gathered about the creatures we've seen, and my limited knowledge of the desert. Now, keep in mind, the last time I was in the wastes was a very long time ago. I expect things to have changed." He warned.

At Sigurd's words he nodded. "Quite right, young man. But keep in mind, the week estimate is only for once you leave the forest. And you won't be able to leave the forest without visiting The Shimmer."

Zane perked up at his words. "The Shimmer, sir?"

The druid nodded. "The Shimmer is what keeps this forest protected from outsiders. You never would have been able to enter this place if the Shimmer hadn't allowed it. Which is a good sign! You'll need to travel north east from here to find their village. But keep in mind, you'll only find it if they want you to. They have ways of misdirecting the unsuspecting. Why, I saw an expedition of dwarves circle the village 18 times before they were allowed in! And they didn't even know they were circling it!" He chuckled. "Very tricky they are. Very tricky."

Ashwyn frowned. "Is there anything we should know? About how to communicate with them? Perhaps a way to encourage them to speak with us?"

The druid smirked. "Be kind. Be courteous. And whatever you do, don't stare at their wings."

"Are they sensitive about them?" Zane asked.

"Goodness no!" The druid waved. "They'll never shut up about them if you do!" He turned, chuckling.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 11:12 am

Blushing at Sigurd's compliment, Lopiena takes the bag of scrolls with wide eyes...this will keep her occupied for days, even if they weren't actively journeying through the forest! The mention of The Shimmer, though...interesting. Very interesting. That's something to be considered, and gaining access to them might prove a challenge. But when he turns to go, she steps forward. She'd hoped for a private moment with the Archdruid, but there's probably no such thing...it's now or never.

"Archdruid, if I may ask...you mentioned that you knew my great-great-grandparents. Please, can you tell me..." she hesitates, not sure how to ask all of the questions bubbling in her mind. "Did...did they love each other?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 1:42 pm

The druid paused and turned to look back at Lopeina. "Oh my dear sweet child..." He frowned, his eyes sad. "Has your village changed so much in these few short decades?" He approached her and carefully pat her hand. "Yes, child. Few have experienced such joy as they did when together." He said with certainty.

Ashwyn frowned at Lopeina's question. Had her parents not loved one another? She'd had a rough past with lost loves and untrust of other villagers, but at least she'd known love from her parents and close friends. She inched closer to Sigurd unconsciously and found his hand again, suddenly feeling the need for comfort.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Sigurd sighed, beings protecting this place made sense, but to have them mess with a group trying to leave for a mission that would undoubtedly save their lives and help save what they were protecting annoyed him "it doesn't make sense for the shimmer to allow us entry but deny us passage out.." he grumbled

A familiar touch to his hand made him smile softly and almost forget what he was irritated. He felt bad for Lopiena, his parents were deeply in love, childhood sweethearts. Divorce and abandonment was rare in ThunderKnoll. He squeezed Ashwyn's hand and gave her a gentle nudge with his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 3:08 pm

The Archdruid's affirmation and kind words have a visible impact on Lopiena. She looks like she wants to say something, ask more questions, but as her eyes fill with tears she can't seem to find the right words. Looking down at the Archdruid's hand in hers as an attempt to hide her emotions, she simply nods. "Yes, Archdruid. Things have changed...things have changed a lot." Looking back up, she attempts a smile. "Thank you. Thank you for everything. I...we should probably get going."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 4:17 pm

The old druid nodded. "Quite right, young lady! You should get going. Lots of work to do of course." He turned and began heading deeper into the plantlife. "Oh! On your way out!" He shouted from somewhere within a pile of leaves. "Be sure to watch the Tentaculas! They tend to bite!" He said before disapearing.

Ishal pushed off against the wall she had been leaning against and addressed the party. "Given our unexpected jaunt last night, the council would like to invite you enjoy a meal and some rest in your room before leaving. I've spoken to my Uncle and he assures me your weapons will be completed by mid-day. They will be brought to your room when they are completed. Until then, we invite you to rest and enjoy our city." She bowed her head.

Ashwyn smiled at Sigurd as he held her hand and then nodded to Ishal's words. "Well...I suppose we should get some rest and some food. We don't know when the next time will be that we can enjoy accommodations like this."

"Indeed." Zane nodded. "And I don't know about the rest of you, but it's been quite a long time since that bread and cheese." At though on cue, his stomach rumbled.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Sigurd nodded, he had been starving this entire time. Nothing in that dungeon was eatable as far as monsters went. Food would be nice. "once we eat and grab our weapons we'll stop at a shop on our way out, if we're heading into the desert we'll need tents and whatnot to keep the elements at bay."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Looking at the pile of leaves the Archdruid disappeared into, Lopiena looks a little wary. "Tent-aculas? That bite?? Huh....well hopefully there's something about whatever that is in here." Lo lifts the bag of scrolls a little and smiles.

At Ishal's words, Lo nods. "Rest and food would be great. Ishal, thank you for checking on our weapons, and please thank your Uncle and his wife if we don't get the opportunity to do so ourselves."

Zane's rumbling stomach makes Lo grin a little...hers had been complaining since before bed last night, but the need for sleep had won out. Making a grand gesture for the door and carrying the bag of scrolls almost protectively, she takes a symbolic step towards the door...someone else should lead, but if they don't leave soon some of those plants might become a salad! "We should probably look for some light-colored clothing as well, and something to keep the sun off our heads. But perhaps after something to eat?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Ashwyn nodded to Lopiena's suggestion. "We'll have to make a list of things to collect to prepare. My biggest concern is this...Shimmer... I'd like to think that since they allowed us inside that they would be willing to let us out but..." She shook her head.

Zane nodded. "I share your concern. However, there isn't much to do about it at the moment. We may as well get back to our room to rest and eat."

The group moved their way back through the city and up to their room. Just as they were arriving, a wide variety of foods had already been brought to their private room. Mostly fresh fruits and freshly baked breads, but a few more exotic items as well. They would also come back to find that their armor had been freshly cleaned again and the whole room smells of fresh breads and fruits and meats.

Zane immediately moved to the center room where the lush chairs circled the table where the food was sitting.

Ashwyn smiled at him and tugged Sigurd over to the chairs also.

[Begin Long Rest: Clarification, a long rest does not have to be sleep. It can include eating so long as nothing strenuous is happening. So no spells, no walking around. If you're resting, snacking and chatting it can still count as a long rest. But sleep is also an option]
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Not having to worry about appearing polite or dainty before the Counsel, Lopiena heads directly to the food and puts together a plate without apology or preamble. After devouring several pieces of meat and quite a lot of fruit (followed by a quick trip to the hot springs to wash hands and face), she settles into one of the plush chairs with a roll in one hand and the bag of scrolls in the other.
"Well, it looks like most of these scrolls are border reports or descriptions of the attacks. Sigurd, you were talking like a tactician back there...I think you'll benefit the most from these. Oh here's the map, we all need that..." Setting several scrolls to the side and placing the map on a table, she continues searching through the bag. "Ok, here’s what I wanted...native plants and creatures that can be expected to be found in the Wasteland. Hmm..."poisonous, do not approach"..."edible if prepared"..."water resource"...I might need help with some of these, this is a lot to memorize...oooh! Here's a scroll on The Shimmer!" Jumping up from her chair and placing various scrolls in piles according to the information contained within, Lo occasionally pauses for another bite to eat but is mostly focused on reading and readying herself for the next part of their voyage.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Sigurd felt Ashwyn's tug. He looked at her, then the food, then to her again. Giving her a quick peck on the cheek he went to the table overflowing with food. "I'll look at the scrolls later Lopiena, there are more important matters to attend to." Not bothering to make a plate, Sigurd started taking handfuls of different things. The smells were almost overwhelming him, everything smelled and looked amazing. He always found after using his magic like he had been in the dungeon he'd be starving. Years of training still hadn't changed that, he had come to figure he just burned a lot of calories.

Downing a tankard of ale, and exhaling with great satisfaction Sigurd was ready to Join Ashwyn at the chairs. Because he was still wearing his provided clothing he didn't have a worry with what happened next. Plopping himself beside his mate he shimmied his way deep into the chair before wrapping his arm around her and pulling her close. Her warmth was comforting and with a full belly he just wanted to relax with her.

"This is probably the last bit of comfort we'll see for a while, don't waste it being buried in scrolls Lo. Enjoy the respite." he said looking over to their little bookworm.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Ashwyn sat in one of the chairs and began nibbling on some of the fruit. It was amazingly fresh and felt good going down her throat. She hadn't realized how hungry she'd become until the food hit her empty belly. The only thing she'd really had to eat was...She blushed as she realized the only thing that had been sustaining her thus far was Sigurd's seed. Even though she hadn't mentioned it outloud she couldn't stop the soft flush of her cheeks at her own realization.

When Sigurd approached and pulled her into his lap she giggled playfully and curled against him. It was a bit of a relief now than Lopeina and Zane knew about their relationship. Not that it had been something to hide but...well, it was new. She was looking forward to see where things would go from here.

She settled against Sigurd's chest with a deliciously warm roll and continued to nibble on it.

"Sigurd's right, Lo. We have plenty of time to look at those. And besides, we're stuck here until our weapons are done anyway and given all of the excitement lately it's best if we rest."

She curled her legs over Sigurd's lap and lay her head on his shoulder.

Zane settled into another chair with a handful of fruit. He leaned over to one of the scrolls about the creatures that had attacked recently and began to read as he popped food into his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Glacing over at Sigurd and Ashwyn...they look cozy...Lopiena smiles vaguely but shakes her head. "There's just a lot of new information here, and I don’t know when I'll get another chance to really look at it in depth. It usually takes me a few days to get familiar with new species...spells are easier, somehow...and we don't have that kind of time." Walking back and forth between tables, chairs, and piles of scrolls, she gives the impression that she's throwing herself into the work to avoid something else.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Ashwyn watched Lopiena with a frown. She glanced at Sigurd with a worried expression. It was clear that Lo was bothered by something and Ash had a hunch that it had something to do her question to the druid.

"Lo... Is there... something you want to talk to us about?"
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Jerking around at the question, Lo glances from Ashwyn to the scroll she's holding. "What? No. Well, yes. But I...No. Uhm..." Flicking her eyes back and forth...Ashwyn, scroll, Sigurd, down, back to Sigurd...she stops and focuses directly at Sigurd. "Yes! Sigurd, your healing ability. It's incredible, but you had us all worried back there when you dropped. You took a lot of hits, and in the end you were fine...but I need to know when you need help, what should be done in that kind of situation, and what if anything can actually hurt you so we can avoid that. Also..." she pauses and refers to a handful of scrolls. "There are a lot of poisonous things coming our way, as well..are you immune to most poisons? Which ones? If not..." Aware that she's babbling, she slowly tapers off the barrage of questions. "Sorry. I guess I'm nervous. I...we don’t want to lose you. Or anyone else, for that matter." Looking back at the scroll, she finally stops pacing and drops into a chair. "I don't want to lose anyone."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Sigurd smiled, he was amused by Lopiena's interest in his biology. He mulled her words over for a minute "decapitation would be a big one but there's no coming back from that. As far as non lethal damage, as long as I'm in my hybrid form nothing save for magic, elements, poison and silver can do damage. As I am now everything regular weapons will damage me but my body will patch what it can."

He paused and watched Lo as she seemed to overwhelm herself "you're not going to lose anyone, me especially. My father used to say" he deepened his voice "if you see a spell wolf fall and his head's still attached, count to 10. And if your the one who downed him, don't count. Run" he laughed to himself.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 1:18 am

Laughing lightly at Sigurd's imitation of his father, Lopiena relaxes just a bit. She still seems distressed, but a little laughter goes a long way.
"Your father sounds like a great man. Wolf. Something. Sorry. So basically as long as you keep your head you're ok. Good to know." Half grinning, she refers to one of the scrolls. "You mentioned poison, though. There are a lot of venomous creatures and poisonous plants out there, so I'd like to know how badly it affects you. That spider bite back there didn't even slow you down, and I thought for the rest of the night that you were immune...but if you're not, I'd like to be aware of that. Also...silver? As in the same silver we just enhanced all of our weapons with, including yours? What happens if some enemy takes one of our weapons? Does silver affect you like poison, or does it just hurt more? Will you still heal yourself naturally if touched by silver, or does it prevent healing? What happens if..." Suddenly looking embarrassed, she stops talking mid-sentence. "Sorry. I don't mean to be so nosy, I just need to know if and when you might need m...need some healing." Standing again, she retrieves the book that she had been reading earlier in the day...not that long ago, but it seems like an age. Grabbing another roll and sitting back down, she starts thumbing through the pages while munching on the crusty bread. "There are lots of useful spells in here, but there was a lot of water damage...it's going to take me some time to figure out some of them. At least one of the undamaged pages mentions a cure for poison, but I'm still going to keep my herbs...they're useful for small bites and stings at the very least."
Focused on her reading and the multiplicity of questions for Sigurd, she seems to be relaxing bit by bit...but every now and then she will stop halfway through a sentence, or appear to stare at the wall for no apparent reason, only to shake herself out of it and focus on another scroll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next