Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Sigurd snapped out of his far away look and turned his head towards her "yeah, I'm alright. Just thinking. Too much I think." He took in her face for a moment and smiled "thank you for your concern" she was beautiful, in a dress, in her armor, and especially nude but there were more important issues at hand than Sigurd's feelings, especially since she had belonged to someone else. "When this is over, what will you do?" It was still early to be talking about the end of the quest when they've barely began but it kept his mind off home.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 pm

She smiled at him when he said he was alright. She knew it was only partially true, but why prod him when it only reminded him of sad things. She nodded when he thanked her. "Of course." She felt heat rising to her face as he stared at her.

He was probably the most handsome man she'd ever come across. She had cared for Lucas, but because of their friendship and how he treated her. He'd never made her feel weak in the knees, which Sigurd made her feel often. But he was more than that. He was a strong fighter, maybe the strongest she'd known, and also kind. He protected her, and the others of their group, even though he just met them. He's honorable and caring, and watching him this evening with the children made her urn for things she hadn't ever thought she'd want.

His question snapped her out of her ponderings and she smiled. "Oh...I don't know. Go back home, I suppose." She shrugged. She adjusted the wet towel around her. Not because it was falling but because it gave her something to do with her hands. "When I agreed to come here...it was just another job. The fact that it meant leaving the village was just...a bonus."

She looked up at his face again. "I suppose it's different for you. You seem very fond of Thunderknoll. I don't have anything particular going for me back home. Just...living." She frowned. "You know...you never realize how horrible that sounds until you say it aloud."
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Zane bowed deeply to them both. "Wonderful, wonderful. You will have our unending gratitude." He smiled.

He turned to Lopiena and chuckled. "Well, why don't we see what we can find in the market, eh? I'd like to see what we can find to assist in our journey." He said and, with another wave at the alchemist and his wife, he began walking off towards the stairs leading to the market place downstairs.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:17 pm

"Ahh yes, the market." Not really eager to go back in the crowds, Lopiena focuses on the need: stronger fireproofing remedies. Smiling at Ruardh and Alenia, she bows one last time. "Thank you again for everything. I look forward to seeing you again tomorrow." Following after Zane, she feels remarkably light...granted, not lugging the giant sword around has a lot to do with that, but having purpose and hope always lifts the spirits.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Zane was practically skipping down the stairs in his excitement. He began hopping from stall to stall, looking at this display or that display. He found his way to a table that had all sorts of spell scrolls on it and fell nose deep into them.

Meanwhile a small child ran up to Lopiena and accidentally ran into her. "Oopmh" The child gasped and fell to the ground. She looked up at Lopeina for a long moment with horrified eyes. "I'm sorry!" The child cried.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 3:54 pm

"Oh it's ok!" Lopiena responds instantly. Helping the child up, she kneels down to her level. "Are you ok? You took quite a tumble."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 pm

Before the child could respond, Lopeina was pushed forward and two other children rushed past. The child that had fallen reached up and grabbed her coin bag that dangled from her belt and then began running away through the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 4:33 pm

"HEY! Come back! That's all I..." for a brief instant she considers just letting the kids have it, there’s not much in there anyway...but the thought of having to rely on Zane for everything hauls her to her feet to give chase. Having spent most of her life running from pursuers with ill intent, she’s pretty fast for a human...but these are elven children, and the fancy shoes feel unnatural on her feet.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:08 pm

The elven children ran and dodged through the many bodies easily with their small size and long legs. They twisted and turned in the crowds until it was difficult to tell which way they'd come from in the first place.

They finally turned into a small crevasse in the side of the tree that was small but not impossible for Lopiena to crawl into. Following behind the children, Lopeina would find the hole lead to a long dirt ramp that spiral down similar to the stairways leading up. The children can be heard laughing up ahead, sure that they'd gotten away.

Following the sound, Lopiena would find a small haven full of children. At least ten running around. All of them laughing and playing but upon closer inspection the area seems to be derelict. There's old ratty clothes laying around. Food sitting on the tables being eaten by rats. The beds are torn in places with feathers leaking out.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Quietly slipping her shoes and stockings off and staying as silent as possible, Lopiena takes in the area with concern. This city just seemed too nice; there is always a shadow behind every bright light. Forgetting about the coins...these kids clearly need it...she ducks into the shadows by the doorway to remain concealed. The first question is whether or not anyone is taking care of these kids, or if they're completely on their own. The next question is whether there is more to this hideaway than meets the eye. Following the wall, she searches for additional doorways or paths leading elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:31 pm

The area was dimly lit with red and blue light orbs. The children seemed to range in ages between toddlers all the way up to young teens. But didn't seem to have any adults around. They all seemed good natured enough about their situation but it was clearly less than stellar.

Along the wall was spare wood propped along the walls and pieces of scrap everywhere. There's old barrels, some standing up and others on their side. The far corner reveals another door that leads into a dark hallway.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Sigurd held his breath for a second while he thought. He released it "you don't have to go home." He paused, "you could stay here. People seem to not give you a second glance, you fit in, and everyone seems nice here. You'd feel at home more than Ebonshire."

He let his hands go, his arm landed behind her neck and his other in the water.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Straining her human ears to try and pick out any conversations that might lead to clues about what's going on here, Lopiena considers her options. She's a stranger, human, and adult so talking to the kids is out...they surely don't want to know they've been discovered. She could talk to security, but in her experience alerting security to this sort of thing would only oust the kids, taking away what little they had and not giving them anything in return...maybe it's different here, but not likely. But all those considerations aside, where did these kids come from? If they were orphaned by the attacks that plagued the city, they should be protected, not shunned. Perhaps they were from different races than those named earlier, and had no place to go? Looking around more, Lo examines the children more carefully,trying to determine their origins.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Ashwyn turned when he said she didn't have to go home. Her mind started to race. Didn't have to go home? What was be suggesting? Could it be what she thinks it is?? Her body tensed in anticipation of his words and her heart rate increased.

When he said that she could stay there, in Eventide, she felt herself deflate. Her body radiated with disappointment and she struggled to hide it. "Oh." She turned to look at her knees that she pulled up against her chest. "Yes...I suppose I could." Suddenly feeling vulnerable, she moved her body closer to his until their bodies were touching. This move was more bold than she felt at the moment, but before she could convince herself to stop, she rested her head against his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Feeling her weight against him he turned he head to look at her, she had curled up. Sigurd could sense her sadness but completely misread where it was coming from. In an effort to comfort her he brought his arm around her and pulled her against him, she'd have to loosen up to be comfortable, but that was part of the plan. She looked to sad and tense.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Though it had been her intention, she still felt shocked when she felt his arm around her. And when he pulled her against him she was forced to straighten her legs away from her chest. She brought her hands up and rested them on his chest, enjoying the closeness. She wasn't surr what to say, so she remained silent for a long while, just enjoying the feeling of his strong chest beneath her head and arms. The silence was both awkward and comfortable all at once.

After what seemed ages, she spoke without looking up from his chest. "Do you think I should stay here?" she looked up at him from her place against his chest. "Can you think of... Any reason why I shouldn't stay here?" She asked, rephrasing her question.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Most of the races Lopiena would recognize. There were wood elves, moon elves, in the corner she even spotted two blonde headed sun elf chuldren. There didn't seem to be any distinction between them. Nor did they seem to be malnourished. They just seemed to be.... Playing.

As she watched, she'd see the small girl who she had bumped into. She was carrying Lo's money bag, but itnwas was holding a small hand made doll now. She's tied it to her belt so the doll bounced as she walked. The child was  maybe 6 years old.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Silent for a while Sigurd just held Ashwyn against him, it was the first time he had held a woman like this, feeling her chest pressed against him his stomach was in knots but he willed himself calm. When she broke the silence he looked down to her "the stuck up councillors" he smirked.

His arm relaxed his arm finally a d his hand I'd down. Her side and came to rest on her hip and he sighed "you're your own person. You can go anywhere you want. Stay anywhere you want, it doesn't matter what I think."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 6:50 pm

When he joked of the councilors she chuckled softly. But it turned to a shiver as she felt his hand travel down to her hip. Her heart was beating loudly against her chest. She was certian he'd be able to hear it... Or perhaps she was just being paranoid?

"Yes... I am my own person. But it does matter what you think. I.... I value your opinion."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm

"if I didn't have ThunderKnoll, I'd consider living here" he said softly. "Though to most I'm just a human, well unless I shift of course"
He was really starting to enjoy the closeness, he felt so relaxed now, between the heat of the springs, their bodies and her natural scent Sigurd was the happiest hed been in a while.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 pm

"Eventide is... One of the more pleasant places I've visited. I can't deny it." she snuggled a bit against him.

She would have been perfectly content sitting here like this with him... If her brain wasn't running rampant with possibilities.....

She finally decided that direct would be the best option. What could go wrong? she thought.

"Sigurd... May I ask you something?"
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:13 pm

He nodded in agreement "plus you'd have these springs all the time." He laughed to himself.

Sigurd stopped when she spoke "of course"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 pm

She had asked to start the conversation, but sudde suddenly she didn't know what to say. But now she had to say something. She spoke, but kept her head on his chest, unsure she could say whatnshe wanted to say if she saw his eyes.

"I've... Seperated myself-From everyone- for a long time now. I told myself I didn't need anyone. Didn't want anyone.... But something happened today. Well, I guess it started happening a couple of days ago. I was reminded how lovely it was to have a family. People who cared for you. But more importantly...some ONE to care for you...."

She swallowrd the lump trying to form in her throat and the laughed a bit." I guess that's not really a question... "
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Sigurd was silent as she muddled through what she was trying to.. ask. He didn't really deal with emotions well at the best of times. He kept things bottled up for the most part. He obviously didn't know how transparent he was to most people though. He tried to piece together where she was going with it. What happened today? We fought things, killed things, did awkward things, ate things, met people. His mind jumped around the day, sleeping before dinner kind of threw him off too. “I'll be honest, I didn't care for anyone outside ThunderKnoll, it's been three days and even the gnome has grown on me. And he's useless..”
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Ashwyn couldn't help but laugh at his comment about Zane. "He does grow on you, doesn't he?" she smiled.

She was pretty sure Sigurd had no idea what she was talking about. Which is fair. She wasn't making much sense. She decided to be bold... Even more bold.

She turned to face him more directly, which if he didn't shift with her would cause his hand to land on her rear. She met his gaze. "I know this isn't the time for personal matters. We have important work to do. But..." she let out a slow breath, trying to calm her breathing.

"Would you ever consider me?... As... As more than just a travel companion?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Chapter Two: In An Elven Way - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way
Page 7 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next