Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 am

Arvan  snorted, sending a large puff of air out and scattering the sand. "I suppose where I go doesn't matter, does it? If some damn wizard can just summon me away from my trip." He grumbled.

Lamont approached the dragon and bowed his head to him. "I might be able to help you with that. I know of a spell that can protect you from summoning spells. My other animals have such protections. It will be more difficult to make it stick for a dragon, but I believe I can do it. If you can remain here for a time, I'd be happy to try it."

Arvan tilted his head to the side, considering. "Hmm... Well... it's worth a shot."  A loud grumble sounded that nearly shook the ground they stood on and Arvan groaned. "Uhhnn.... wizard doesn't agree with me it seems..." He burped loudly, and then coughed. As he coughed, small sparks and flames came from his mouth turning the sand into smooth chunks of glass.

As he finally settled down, a small 'clink' sounded. Looking towards the sound, there was a small gem laying on the newly formed glass bits. The gem was small, no larger than a childs marble, and shined with a rainbow of colors.

Brynoff knelt down and looked at the gem. "Hmm..... what's this?"

Lamont frowned looking at it. "It appears to be a magic gem... quite a lot of power coming from it as well."

"Must be something he came across in his travels. It would explain why his spells suddenly amped up in recent years." Brynoff grunted as he reached for it.

From behind the group a familiar voice began shouting words that were unintelligible to most of them. Sigurd and Ashwyn could make out the words, and recognized the voice. The shouting said, "No! Don't touch it!" But just as the words registered in their brains, Brynoff's hand closed around the gem.

What happened next was a series of screams, explosions, and sand.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER FIVE
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22