Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 1:02 pm

WEST GROUP

The allosaur was barely hanging on to life when Sigurd jumped upon it. Sigurd ripped it to pieces and it fell dead to the ground.

[Allosaur C is DEAD. Ash and Sig get 675 XP]

Ashwyn breathed steadily, calming her heart rate from the battle as she stared at Sigurd standing over the dead creatures. She wasn't sure what to say, but silence didn't feel right either.

"Where in the name of the gods did those things come from?" She breathed, looking out and around the desert for a sign of where they may have come from. But she already knew the answer even as she asked it. Blood dripped down her arm from the cuts from the lizard's sharp claws, but she paid it no mind. She'd had much worse. She turned back to him and took several steps towards him. "Are you alright?"

[And now both groups are caught up! yay!!]

---

EAST GROUP

Lamont chuckled at Lo's comment about his shirt. He shrugged, glancing back at the tatters the back of his shirt had become. "It happens."

Leif smirked. "You should have seen how many shirts he went through when he first learned that spell. Used to bulge out of them all the time." He winked playfully towards Lo. "I'm glad you're unharmed. And you're fire manipulation is quite impressive. I take it fire is where you feel most comfortable?" He nodded as though she answered him already. "For me it was always wind. That was the first thing I could manipulate. Lamont was earth. He was molding rocks from a very young age."

Lamont nodded in response.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Severing the Atlas vertibra in the Allosaur's spine caused it's body to drop to the ground. Jumping off of the carcass, Sigurd shook himself off flicking droplets of blood everywhere. His breath was heavy and his blonde fur was now matted with sand andblood bit physically he felt fine, a few scratches sure but his enemies were more worse for wear. "Never better" he said with. Husky growl. Shifting back to his human form he walked over to his mate, wiping the blood from his mouth and kissed her deeply. "Are you hurt?" He asked as he looked her over.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Grinning back at her brothers, Lo relaxes again and laughs about Leif's comments about Lamont tearing through shirts. Sounds like something Sigurd might have done as well, at least until he got his fancy expandable armor. Looking down and grinning sheepishly at her comfort with fire, Lo nods. "Yeah, fire has always come naturally to me. The first spell I ever learned was how to extinguish it...I was a clumsy child, always knocking stuff over so I was taught how to extinguish flames almost as soon as I could talk. Ceating flame, though...I figured that out on my own." Looking up again, Lo smiles. "I still have a lot to learn, though. There's a big difference between manipulating little fires or fires like the one earlier today...there wasn't much I could do until it was mostly out. That reminds me though, what was your student doing that sparked that whole thing?"

Chatting idly whilst standing next to carcasses of Allosaurs seems a little silly, and Lo can't shake the feeling that there's more to come...but she has so many questions for her brothers, and the brief reprieve is just what she needs to get to know them a little better.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Ashwyn had been standing in a tense stance up until Sigurd took her into his arms. She melted into his embrace and returned his passionate kiss with one of equal fervor, wrapping her arms around his neck. When he pulled back and asked his question she smiled at him. "Better now." She responded, suddenly overwhelmed with the desire to be closer to him. It was very difficult to resist...

She managed to pull back from him slightly, only slightly, so she could see him easier. She placed her hands on his chestplate and looked up at him. It was equal parts embarassing and arousing knowing that Sigurd could likely sense the increase of hormones coming from her, even though she tried her best to suppress them. But then, there was a part of her, one that seemed to grow stronger each day, that didn't care if he could.

--

Leif nodded. "I understand. For me it was opposite. I could create winds before I could calm them. Which made things.... complicated." He chuckled. "Mother had to start tying things to the shelves so I wouldn't knock them off."

Lamont approached them both and placed a comforting hand on Lo's back. "We all have a lot to learn. Age does not negate that. The earth always grows and changes. We will never be masters of it. We can only hope to learn from it.

As the question about a student, Leif nodded. "Oh, just an accident. Like you said, learning how to control fire can be complicated. She's young and still new at fire. She'll learn." He smiled warmly.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Sigurd smirked and winked at his love "maybe later" he said to the unasked question before pressing his forehead against hers. "We should get back to the others infeel like we weren't the only ones that got some excitement today"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Ashwyn blushed and smiled. "You're right." She pushed up and kissed him once more before pulling back. "I'm glad you're alright." she said before turning back to the dead creatures. It didn't bode well, that's for sure. "We should make sure everyone else is alright." she nodded to him before heading back towards the village.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Laughing at Leif's description of creating winds to the point that stuff had to be tied down, Lo smiles up at her brothers. So amazing that in spite of their clear differences, they still have notable similarities! Nodding at Lamont's wisdom and Leif's comments about his student, Lo smiles between the two of them. "There's definitely always something more to learn. I'm...honored to be able to learn about you, and hopefully with you. It's going to be an interesting ride..." Shaking her head, Lo looks out at the desert. "Who knows what's going to happen next. I'm glad we're all together. In the meantime, though..." Lo indicates the carcasses of the Allosaurus lying in the sand. "What shoul be done with these? Burn them, or...do you think they'll make a decent meal?"
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Sigurd took a look at his reflection in the windows as he passed them "oh god, I look like I wanted to dye my armor red...." He looked closer at his face, the blood had began to dry to his skin and flake off "I'm going to scare the others I think" he said with a toothy grin.

It wasn't long until he caught the scent of the others and followed it to their location, everyone seemed no worse for wear, with the exception of what looked like an issue with wardrobe from one of Lopiena's brothers. "Hey!," Called Sigurd. "Did you lot fight anything large and lizardy? Because if not, boy do we have a story to tell!"
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Turning in surprise at Sigurd's voice, Lo starts to grin and joke, indicating the corpses before them ."You mean these?" ...but one look at the two of them wipes the smile from her face. "By the gods! What happened to you?!" Running up to Ashwyn, Lo gently touches her ripped and bloodied arm. As she reaches out, the greenish stone of her mother's ring on her forefinger glints in the sunlight. "Well, time to see what this thing does. Heal." That done, she looks at Sigurd's face. The scratches are still visible, but healing fast. "Are you ok? What happened? We fought three of them, looks like you got the rest of the flock...herd...whatever!"

(Spell Cure Wounds (d8): rolled 7, +4 spell mod=11. Plus the green-stoned ring, still not sure what it does)
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Ashwyn smirked at Sigurd's comment. "You did get a bit... messy." She chuckled. She glanced down at her arm and finally noticed all the blood there. "Oh... I... guess I got hit worse than I thought." She said, looking at her red arm as the blood began to try there. She opened and closed her fist a few times to test her muscles but it seemed fine.

---

Leif smirked at Lopiena. "We can't afford to waste anything in the desert. We've eaten much smaller lizards before. These will feed us a long while." He said, just as Sigurd and Ashwyn came walking through the houses.

Ashwyn did her best to put Lo's fears at ease about her arm but before she could even say anything Lo was already casting a spell. The half-elf sighed and smirked at her. "You really should learn to ask before casting." She winked playfully. "But... thank you anyway. We're fine."

Lamont approached them. "You were attacked too? By the same creatures?"

"What you mean these?"

They turned to find Brynoff and Cirro approaching. Brynoff was tugging a rope attached to three more of the beasts that were hovering slightly with fairy dust. With a hefty grunt he tossed them into a pile before them all. Like Sigurd, he was.... messy. Cirro was back in his human form and his fork-like weapon was bloodied as well.

Cirro ran to Lo's side quickly. "Are you alright? Those things were huge!" He said, turning to look at the dead creatures behind her. He saw the chared remains and blinked. "Wow... you?" He asked, turning to look at her.

Leif frowned. "If all of you faced the same creatures... then..."

Lamont stepped forward. "Mother." They both turned to the south where Jacquelyn had gone.

As if in answer to the question, the woman in question came around the corner looking like she'd gone for a crisp jog. "You know, I love a good work out but really this is ridiculous." She said with a humph.

Leif and Lamont visibly relaxed upon seeing her. "You're alright?" Leif asked.

"Well, I'm not as young as I used to be, that's for damn sure." She grumbled. "But yes. I'm fine." She turned to the others. "So.... Kakerot?"

Brynoff huffed. "Oh absolutely. The bastard is getting awfully cocky. It's not like him. It's got me.... concerned." He gruffed.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Blushing somewhat at Ashwyn's words, Lo looks embarrassed about going overboard with healing. "Well, it looked really bad, I'll try to remember to ask next time. But you're really ok?" Lo glances from Ashwyn to Sigurd...she's learned to not even bother asking Sigurd, but he looks even worse than Ashwyn. There isn't any time for more silly questions before Brynoff and Cirro approach, looking even worse for wear than the other two! Before Lo can make a move to offer healing, Cirro is right by her side...Looking him over, it seems like most of the blood isn't his, but it's hard to tell under all that gore. "I'm fine, are you ok?" At his apparent surprise at the charred remains of the one Allosaurus, Lo blushes and looks at the ground again. "Well yeah...but Leif and Lamont did most of the work." Looking back up, Lo grins at her brothers. "They're amazing! And..." At that point, Leif and Lamont realized that all groups had been attacked, and Jacquelyn might be in trouble. Lo visibly pales at the realization, but before she can even turn around Jacquelyn showed up, looking annoyed. Relaxing again...an annoyed Jacquelyn is much better than a dead Jacquelyn...Lo nods at the ensuing discussion. "If this is cocky, I'd hate to see 'aggressive.' But...what can we do? I don't like just waiting for the next attack, but if we don't know where he is or what he's planning..." Worry races across Lo's face. She won't apologize again, not out loud but...Kakerot's words from earlier had hit her in the heart. If she hadn't come, these people wouldn't be in danger. If she hadn't been born...NO! None of that. Steeling her expression again, a glint of anger flicks in her eyes and she looks at Brynoff. "How do we bring the fight to him?"

(Edited for content: I'm tired of the drama queen. Time for a change!)
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Sigurd looked over Brynoff and laughed to himself, glad to see the old man hadn't lost any ability. He must have shifted for battle too. His gaze turned to Lopiena's brothers again... they were strong.. stronger than anyone he'd had met before... he was appreciative that they were on their team. Even with all his own strength Sigurd knew that they would make short work of him... but.. what a fight he'd give them. His eyes glassed over for a moment as images of either being struck down or digging his jaws into their flesh flashed in his mind. For some reason his heart was beating hard in his chest. He wanted to fight again already, or hunt, or just kill...

Do̕ ͞i̡t...҉ The̢y'̨re not̀ ̢e͏x͟pe̛c̸ting̀ ͏i͘t͢..̨.͡

Why would I do that? they're Lopiena's brothers... they're like family....

T̴͟h̸̛e̕y͜͡'̢r͡҉e̸ ̵̀f̡ơ͟od̡̨̕.. S҉҉̡̧t̨̧̀̀r̨̧͘̕o̕͢n̡͞͞g̡̡͜͜ ̵͏̸̷̕f̷̛̀o҉͟o̷͞͠d̨͜.͞҉  E͓̝̙͖̕͜͝ͅa̴̧͚͓̱t̫̰̠̩͉̙̠̰̀́͠!̧҉̮ G̻̻̜̙̩̘̀é̫̱̪t̢͕̩̙͓͙͎ ͚͉̻̖̟̯͠Ś̡̫͍̗̳͉̤t̙̼̻̩͇r̨̙̤̞͉͝o̳̬͔ņ̷̫̲̞̬̟̠g̢͏̜̺͉̗̼̝̤̥!̧̞̦̝̰̳̥͔͙

No. I wont do it...

E̢̢͎̻̥̟̻͍̝̤̯̠̺̘̟͋̽ͤ͊͑̒̏ͩ̋̒̉̅̌͋̍́͝Â̶̵̶̧̧̱̜͎̪̥͈͓̫̼̜̳̥͈̤̲͚̟̥̏ͧͥ̏ͥͬ̃ͣͅT̵̴̩͇̺̜̹̯̤ͪ̉̏̾̆ͦͪͧͯ̈́͆͒͞ ̵̨̛̠̘̙̝͎͇̤̠̼͉̤̟̦̮̫̙̞̀ͬ͆ͣ̉ͪͣ͐͂͛͢͟E̸͙̝̟̮̲̪̠̰͇͈͍̪͚̭̺͒͆̏̂͐̃̓͂ͫ͌ͬ͝ͅA̷̴̡̨͉̩̣̤͎̹̦̟͈̬͉͉͍͖̾ͮ̎̂̆̄ͯ́͒̍͑T̴̵̪͔̣̟͇̺̱̹͎̙͓͍̤͕̘̺̭ͥ̓̉̾ͤͮͫ̎̆̏ͧͧ͌̀́͟ͅ ̵̡̨̖̦̦͓͇̣̙̺̱̤̈͌̄̂͗͂̑̓͑̃ͤͥ̄̐̚͘͠Ē͔̲͍͓̭̝̭͑͂ͣ̌ͣ̍̅̃͑͐̐̎́̚̚͜͡A̵̸͑̀̍̌̆͑ͣ̍ͤ̃ͪ͌͆̈ͣ͒̎̎͐͟͏͈̱̺̘̗T̵͇͙̜̰͔͚̖͎͆̆̇ͨ̓̈̅̍̋̏ͣ͂̄̓̐ͤ̓͜͠!̴̨̱͙͓̗̜̲̺̹̹̲͚̮͔̗̦̑̄͒ͮ̈ͥͦ͗͗̒͂̀̕ͅͅ

I WONT!

ỳ͟ơu̡͠ ẃ̡͠i̧ll̴̨..̶.̵̢̀

Sigurd growled outwardly and shook his head clearing his mind, he hadn't noticed that he had bitten his tongue until the taste of his own blood came to him. He rejoined the others and took a position beside the Elder Spellwolf "I agree with Lopiena, we've been in this wasteland too long already and he's keeping us from our actual objective..." He spit in the sand forming a small bloody splotch.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 10:28 am

Brynoff huffed again, finally changing back to his human form now that he wasn't dragging lizard bodies. "Well, that's the real question, isn't it? I've spent years hunting him. Can never get close. But he's got magic to prevent being found. Magic I can't combat."

"We might be able to help with that." Leif volunteered. "Between my connection with the wind and Lamont's connection with the earth, there's not a place in this plain that he can hide."

"...Unless he's not in this plain." Ashwyn said. Several turned towards her. "I met a sorcerer once... Years ago. He spoke of... Other places. Portals to other worlds. Powerful magic. Maybe he's hiding there?"

Cirro frowned. "That could be why he hasn't been found. He would be impossible to track without powerful magic."

Last edited by AniRedFox on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 11:03 am

Glancing over at Sigurd, Lo notices the blood spat on the ground and looks at him with concern. She'd learned that he heals so quickly that surface injuries are gone almost instantly, but if he's bleeding internally...walking over to him, she looks in his eyes a moment to make sure touching him is ok before gently placing a hand on the bare skin above his bracer. "Sigurd? Are you ok? If you need healing, please let me know." Trying to sense his pain...if there's an injury that needs to be healed, she'll be able to sense it with touch...Lo focuses on him for a moment while listening to the conversation around her. A different plane....hmm. She'd heard of such a thing but had no idea how to even focus there, much less find someone there. "Strong magic to track him...what kind? I mean, between all of us we have fairy magic, Druidic magic, even dark magic..." she waves a hand vaguely in Cyna's direction. "What do we need to do to find him?"

(Perception roll 17+3 WIS mod = 20 )
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Sigurd gently flinched at Lopiena's touch. "I'm fine sprouts, thank you for your concern" he placed his hand on her head and gave her a reassuring squeeze. " The blood is just... Leftovers, from biting into the lizard's" he lied, but it was better than talking about his nightmares, ones that seem to be finding him in the waking world now. No. There were bigger things to worry about than dreams. "One of them may have given me indigestion."
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 2:12 pm

[Lo can't sense any injuries or anything unusual about Sigurd]

Ashwyn smiled sympathetically towards her mate as he spoke of indigestion. She brushed her hand against his fingers, just a silent indication that she was there and felt for him before removing her hand.

Jacquelyn waa rubbing her temples, deep in thought, before she spoke again. "There's.... Maybe an option. At least something we can try. No guarantee it will give us any positive results but.... At least we can try it."

Lamont approached her. "Twilight?"

She nodded and he sighed. "Very well."

Cirro frowned. "Twilight?"

Leif stepped forward. "It's a druidic circle. Lamont is dedicated to Twilight. He can speak with the dead, which gives him certian windows into other worlds."

Lamont nodded. "It'll take a lot of magic. And a lot of focus. But... I might be able to find something."

Jacquelyn nodded. "We should wait till the moon is at its highest. We're lucky that the full moon was recent. The moon is still fairly full and will provide Lamont with more power."

"So the question is... What do we do until then? If Kakerot is sending giant lizards to attack this city...." Cirro said.

Leif nodded. "We can cast a protection spell on the caves. It will prevent magic from manifesting within it. But it won't stop physical beings from entering."

"Leave that to me." Brynoff sneered, crushing his own fist into his other palm with a very wolfish grin.

Leif nodded. "Fair. We'll need as much druid power as possible for this ritual." he turned to Lo. "We could use you, Little Sister."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Smiling up at Sigurd's reassuring squeeze, Lo still looks at him askance when he speaks of indigestion. He's eaten far weirder stuff than a couple of lizards...well, she wasn't with him at the time so maybe something else happened. Either way, not being able to feel any pain from him is all the reassurance she really needs. Shrugging slightly and taking a step back, Lo smiles at Ashwyn and lets the couple share each other's company without interruption.

Listening to Jacquelyn and her brothers talk about Twilight is...interesting. She'd heard of the other Circles (had studied them intensively as a young Maiden before choosing her path) but didn't really know that much about Twilight specifically. Speaking to the dead...windows into other worlds...sounds fascinating, and frightening. Still, though... "If it gives us insight to where to find Kakarot, I'm in. Just tell me what to do."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Sigurd shifted slightly and bumped against Ashwyn returning her affection. Listening to the others talk about their druid circle thing was lost on him. Ritual magic wasn't his people's thing. Every spell they tended to use was for fighting. "Whatever it is you're planning, get it together and do it. I want this man dead...." His voice was low and rumbly.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 8:16 am

Jacquelyn nodded. "I agree." She said, in response to Sigurd's words. "We'll need to prepare. There are supplies to gather." She turned to Leif who nodded and immediately turned to head into the city. Next she nodded to Lamont, who bowed his head slowly before turning and heading into the city in a different direction. She turned to Lo this time. "Come on kiddo. You can help me prepare the herbs. I trust your mother taught you how to prepare herbs for ceremonies?" Then she turned to Cirro. "You know.... fairy magic would probably come in handy too. Apparently it works well with druid magic."

Cirro stepped forward. "I'll do whatever I can to help."

Jacquelyn nodded. "We can use it. Come on." She said and turned, heading into the city waiting for Lo and Cirro to follow.

Brynoff turned away from the druids and turned towards Sigurd and Ashwyn. "Guess that means it's up to us to defend the city while they prep for the ritual. You both feeling up to it?"

Ashwyn smiled when Sigurd bumped into her in return. When Byrnoff turned to them she straightened. "We can handle it." She nodded, glancing over to Sigurd for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 am

Grinning at Jacquelyn's question about preparing herbs, Lo nods. "That was most of what I did for years. I won't call it my specialty, but there wasn't much else a child was allowed to do. I also have a bunch of herbs in my pack, and I can help with anything else we might need. But uhh...Leif said that there's always a need for meat, and these would feed the village for a while..." (indicating the Allosaurus carcasses) "...sooo what should we do with them?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 10:27 am

Jacquelyn chuckled. "Oh don't worry about them. The butchers will come for them. I've sent them to get the bodies I left behind already. They'll collect these when they're done." She said over her shoulder. She never stopped walking and soon, if they didn't follow, she'd be out of sight.

Cirro turned to Lopiena. "Guess we better hurry then." He shrugged and offered his arm to her. "Are you sure you're alright? Those things were.... vicious."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Nodding at Jacquelyn's retreating back, Lo glances at Brynoff, Ashwyn, and Sigurd. They seem to be in deep conversation, no point bothering them...but Lo feels bad about splitting the party again. Well it can't be helped, and they have different areas of expertise. Smiling and waving back at the physical enforcement team, Lo grabs Cirro's hand and runs after Jacquelyn. Forget dignified strolling, there's work to be done! Once they catch up to Jacquelyn, Lo turns back to Cirro's question. "Those things never touched me, they really didn't have a chance with Leif and Lamont! I honestly felt bad killing them, they were brought here under some sort of compulsion. What about you? You seem to be ok, but I'd love to hear stories. You too, Jacquelyn. What happened when those things showed up? ...oh, and I'd like to stop by the cart and get my pack, I have several herbs in there...unless you already have everything you need?"
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Sigurd smiled "shouldn't be too difficult, if he sends more of those lizards we'll be ready for them. And if he sends something bigger... All the better" he turned to Ashwyn and smiled "you sure you can handle it?" He knew she could but he likes to get her going.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Ashwyn turned to Sigurd and raised a brow at his teasing. Her lips curled into a grin. "Oh... I don't know..." She casually nocked an arrow, pulled the string back and forth a few times, as though testing it. In a flash she aimed and fired, seemingly at nothing. She casually hooked her bow back in place and strolled over to where her arrow hit. Pulling it up, it revealed a tiny scorpion, dead. She pulled it from the tip and tossed it over towards Sigurd and Brynoff, glancing at them over her shoulder.

"I think I can handle it." She winked before turning and walking off.

Brynoff chuckled. "She's a feisty one." He smirked down at Sigurd.

---

Ashwyn scouted around a bit and finally decided her best option would be to get higher ground. She turned back to her mate. "Sig, can you give me a lift up please?" She asked, indicating the rooftops.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich
Moderators
Moderators
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 4:14 pm

"oh thank the gods you protected us from a bug, we can all sleep soundly tonight knowing that it shall trouble us no longer" he said with all of the sarcasm he could muster. When she tossed it to the ground he shook his head "I should make you eat that"

Walking past Brynoff to assist his mate he smirked back "she's an enjoyable handful." When he got to Ashwin he put his hands on her shoulders and spun her around, pressing her against him. He quickly reached down and grasped her hips before tossing her slightly, letting her rear rest in his hands, she'd be more than close enough to climb onto the roof now. Before she could leave his grip however, Sigurd gave her rear a firm squeeze, not to mention letting his thumbs rub 'accadentaly' on certain parts of her lower anatomy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert
Page 18 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next