Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Already leery of the fairy, Sigurd huffed and walked out of the cave. "Go back inside." he ordered. Cirro just seemed like a stupid child to him. A babbling, inexperienced, foolish child. He had nothing else to say to him. He followed the voices until he was sat down right beside them.

Sitting quietly he stared at the two women hoping to figure out what the issue was, he had missed their entire conversation so he was at a loss as to how he could offer assistance. He finally just came out and said it "Is everything alright sprout?" he asked to Lopiena but also glanced to Jacqulyn for any kind of visual cues to help him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Swallowing her tears, Lo looks startled at Jacquelyn's harsh tone for a moment but nods her understanding. She's right...she's an extension of her mother and it's time to act like it! But when Jacquelyn mentions knowing them for just a few days, she pauses to correct her. "No, I've known Sigurd and Ashwyn for almost a week now, but been free only since..." Realization hit like a sledge hammer.  She hadn't told her!  She'd been so caught up in everything else that she hadn't told her!  Tears gone in an instant, Lo grabs Jacquelyn's hands and speaks with intensity.  

"Jacquelyn, it's all lies. All of it.  The 13 generations of women, the taking of sons, probably even the fertility ceremony or at least the awful part of it..." Slowing down, taking a breath, she backs up a bit.  "We talked to the Archdruid at Eventide.  He mentioned knowing my great-great-grandmother.  Her name is Mara Lackman...we have a last name!...and he said that she and her mate...didn't say his name, I don't think...but they loved each other, Jacquelyn.  This whole mess was after them...Great-Grandmother Lily must have known her father...all of this happened somewhere between her and Gramma.  Which means Gramma knew. She must have known it was a lie, it's all made up...she should never have taken my brothers...she should never have forced Mother to leave the first time." Taking a breath, she leans back just a little.  "Still don't know what happened, and definitely don't know why Gramma banished Mother away...but she knew. She must have known.  Mother's heart was broken because of a lie...and next time I see Gramma I'm going to kill her." Another deep breath...  "Well...I don't know if I can kill her.  But..." The fire in her heart burned out, Lo leans against the rock and looks at Jacquelyn again.  "Sorry I didn't tell you earlier, there was just too much with everything else...but you need to know."

Jumping at Sigurd's sudden appearance, Lo looks more than startled...aren't there suppusedly deadly beasts out here?...but recovers quickly with a smile. "It's fine, thank you. I just...Cirro! I need to apologize!" Jumping halfway up, she stops before fully extending and sits back down with a groan. "What am I going to tell him?? He must think I'm awful!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Cirro stuttered in Sigurd's wake and finally glared at his back before huffing and turning to go back inside the cave.  He passed Ashwyn on the way out.

"What on earth is going on?" Ashwyn asked him.

Cirro grumbled something about Lopiena, Sigurd and crying, but she wasn't sure what he was getting at but didn't press him. She followed her ears  till she found the women sitting with Sigurd. Like him, she didn't know what was going on, but she saw Lopeina crying and walked over to her other side. "What's the matter?" She asked, sitting next to Lopiena and in front of Sigurd. She looked from Sigurd, to Lo, to Jacqulyn and back looking for answers.

Jacqulyn glanced to them, giving them an annoyed look that indicated her frustration with the conversation. Not annoyance with Lo but with teh village that had made her think she was a horrible person. "Oh nothing. Nothing at all. Just years of negative programming rearing it's ugly head." She said with a sneer, remembering the village that she'd left behind so long ago.When Lo suddenly jumped up and told her what she'd learned from the Arch Druid. "Hmm... figures. I never knew the history but it's good to know there wasn't always such hatred in that village."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Sigurd sighed "Forget about what he thinks, you're not living for him. You're living for yourself. We hardly know him yet so it's best you don't get too attached" it sounded insensitive but it was true. his taste for the faerie people was marred by their princesses... experiment. Not to mention Sigurd found himself feeling very protective of her.

When Jacqulyn spoke he nodded "well, it seems like we'll have some questions to be answered once we head back to your village" he said to Lopiena "sounds like there are some issues at the top of the food chain there." He didn't know the half of what has been happening in her village but he was certain his gut wasn't far off. He saw it the first day they met. Lopiena was quiet and shy but that was to be expected when you're meeting people for the first time. However there was a slight hint of emotional damage there that he couldn't put his finger on but now the surface was scratched and he was starting to put pieces together.

His vow to protect Lo with everything he had wasn't just some empty promise in the throes of passion. He meant every word and he would be damned if he didn't get answers, even if it was just for himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Ashwyn rolled her eyes at Sigurd. She rubbed Lopiena's back. "While Sigurd isn't exactly wrong..." she sent a partial glare his way. "There is something to be said about tact."

She smiled at Lo. "You're still discovering what it means to be independent. There's going to be a lot if bumps along the way. And your going to make mistakes. We all do. But they help us grow."

She glanced up at Sigurd. "I'm.... Not exactly the biggest fan of fairies...." she looked back at Lo. "But I have to hand it to the kid. He's been... Helpful. And so far he doesn't seem to hold any ill will. It couldn't hurt to talk to him. Sig and I will be there to make sure nothing goes too far south." she winks. "But... I think it's important for you to experience things on your own too. So.... If you want to be with Cirro... Even if it does not last.... I think you should. But in the end... It's your call."

Jacquelyn smirked and crossed her arms over her chest." hmm you've got yourself some good friends, kid. "
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 pm

Visibly shocked at Jacquelyn's lack of reaction to the biggest news of her life...second to having a second mother, of course...Lo blinks incredulously several times before finding her voice. "'Figures?' That's all you have to say about it? My entire life...all of the troubles Mother went through...you too, really...all lies!" Still stunned, Lo pauses to think about it a bit, listening to Sigurd talk about the top of the food chain. "The Archdruid did say that things weren't always this way, but it has been going on now for years...decades! The new mayor is much nicer, but to reprogram the entire village...I can't even think how."

Listening to Sigurd, then Ashwyn discuss Cirro makes her blush again. "I just...don't know what to say to him. Between last night and tonight...I just..." Looking up at everyone, she half grins. "I don't regret anything I...we did. Every moment was amazing...every touch..." closing her eyes, her grin completes itself. "...yeah no regrets there. But I really do need to talk to him...if that's ok?" Opening her eyes and looking mostly at Sigurd...she knows Ashwyn and Jacquelyn get it, but there's always a little uncertainty about two males in this sort of thing. That and she doesn't even know how to approach the topic, and maybe having the 'forget about what he thinks' perspective will help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:44 am

Sigurd stared at Lopiena for a moment, then his eyes fell to the sand. Standing he walked over to the druid and knelt down beside her, pressing his forehead against hers. "Do what you feel you need to do sprout, we'll be around to talk about it when you're ready." Getting back to his feet he nodded to the others and headed back for the cave, he really needed to sleep if he was going to be worth anything to anyone in a fight in the morning.

Bedding back down, Sigurd pulled the blanket over him and sighed contently though slightly disappointed that he wasn't encased in the warmth of the others... perhaps another time. He left some space for Ashwyn to crawl in if she shared in his need for some shuteye but she was probably going to wait a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:17 am

Ashwyn smiled when Sigurd spoke to Lopiena. She waa glad he was there to protect her, but also knew she had to make her own mistakes as well. It was part of discovering who you are. As he started to leave, she turned to Lo.

"We'll let you have some alone time. I'll send Cirro out here. But remember to try ans get some rest too. Morning will be here in a few short hours." she winked at her before standing and following Sigurd to the cave.

She passed Cirro and konked him on the head softly." You're being summoned, fairy boy. "she said and pointed to where Lo and Jacquelyn waited.

Cirro looked surprised, but then nodded and wandered that direction.

Ashwyn found Sigurd laying under a blanket, so she discarded the blanket she had wrapped around herself and curled under his. She pressed her still nude body against his and cooed in contentment. She leaned up and kissed his lips briefly. "I love you." she said softly before laying her head down on his chest and beginning to drift off to sleep.

---

Cirro walked around the cave until he found the two druid women. He hesitantly approached, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uhm.... Hi..." he said, unsure what to say.

Jacquelyn smirked and turned to Lo. "Want me to stay or go?"
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:34 am

Swallowing nervously when Sigurd leaves, then Ashwyn...she knows this is something she has to do, but no idea how...she looks just as hesitant and unsure as Cirro, and almost jumps when he approaches. Looking up at Jacquelyn's question, she smiles uncertainly. "Uhm. I don't know...privacy is good, but I know I'm going to say the wrong thing. Stay, please? Just in case I need a translator?"

Swallowing again, gathering her thoughts, she starts nervously pulling on her hair, not quite looking at Cirro. "First of all, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. That's the last thing I'd ever want to do. I...care for you, Cirro. A lot. I still don't know you very well, but...well, you don't know me very well either." She shrugs, then pulls her blanket tighter so it's less obvious that she's still naked underneath. "I've never done this sort of thing before. I think that’s pretty obvious, but it needs to be said. I don't just sleep around with everyone, last night was my first...my very first, and to humans that means something...and whether it was the moon ceremony spurring us on or our own desires, it was amazing and I have no regrets." Finally looking directly at Cirro, she smiles. "That's something that needs to be said, too. You're amazing, Cirro. Every touch, everything we did together was incredible. I...I want to experience that again, but only if you're ok with it. Because I know I hurt you tonight and I don’t deserve you and..." stopping to take a breath, she drops her eyes to the ground. "Tonight...what you saw...was also incredible. It was the most intimate way for close friends and lovers to connect. I care about Sigurd and Ashwyn as a family, being part of them is so important to me. I don't know where you fit in all this. I don't know where I fit in all this, I'm still learning as I go. I'm much younger than everyone here, and there's a lot I don't know, and maybe learning with my body was a bad idea but I have no regrets and...and I don't know what I'm trying to say anymore." Done with talking, Lo stares at the ground, waiting for Cirro to say something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Jacquelyn nodded to Lo about staying put. She linked her fingers together and swung them behind her head to recline, staying out of it till needed.

Cirro listened to Lo and finally smiled, sitting on the ground next to her. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I... I don't really know what I said... I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm.... Not good at talking to people. I've always been focused on my work... Not my personal life. So... This is all new." he chuckled.

"I never meant to imply anything when I spoke. I tend to ramble when I'm nervous and... Well... I only meant that I've only ever heard of relationships back home. Never had one. So I don't exactly know how... One is supposed to go." he admitted.

Jacquelyn decided to butt in for a moment." Niw, something you guys need to understand. The moon ceremony doesn't create something out of nothing. It only amplifies what's already in the heart. What you choose to do with that knowledge is up to you. But don't go thinking that the ceremony put something there that didn't have a root inside already."

Cirro nodded." I... I can't lie. I... Was attracted to you from the start. I NEVER imagined you'd feel the same. And especially aftrr what happened.... "he shook his head. "I don't want to rush things, especially if your not ready. I'm perfectly happy just being yoir friend and getting to know all of you. But....I'd also be lying if I said I didn't enjoy what happened between us." he bkushed again, unable to hide it.

"As for what I.... Saw...." he cleared his throat. "That's none of my business. Not really. I'm new to your group. Of course you'd have a connection to those people over me. It makes sense. And besides, Ashwyn is a beautiful woman. And Sigurd... Well.... I can't compete with that." be said, almost sadly,but he cleared his throat again and continued." I'm here to function in whatever capacity that you deem me worthy of. "he said at last.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Pulling at her hair again, Lo listens quietly to Cirro talk, and Jacquelyn explain about amplifying 'what's in the heart.' That's good to know at least, and definitely not a surprise...she'd felt a connection with Sigurd and Cirro, she never would have tried to take both at the same time otherwise. Still though. "It's not anything you said, or even implied. It's just that...well, most humans are usually very selective about who they share their bodies with. There are notable exceptions of course...and...well, I've been called one or close to one most of my life, even though I've never done anything, never been touched by anyone. Just thinking that I might be...what they've been saying about me..." pulling her hair even harder, she looks genuinely surprised to have some of it come off in her hand. Didn't even feel that, must be even more physically exhausted than she thought. Whatever...this is much more important. Putting her hand down and wrapping herself tighter in her blanket instead, she tries to smile. "...but I'm not. They're wrong, they've been wrong, and I'm not listening to them anymore. What matters is you. I'm pretty new at this whole relationship thing too, and I'm going to do stupid stuff, and make mistakes, and say the wrong thing...but we're both still learning and...yeah I tend to ramble when I'm nervous too." Almost laughing, she finally gets a real smile out. "I'd like to keep learning...with you, and Sigurd and Ashwyn. It's going to be weird. I have no idea how this is going to work, or even if it will. But...well, I'm attracted to you too...and not just physical, but mental as well. You know some amazing stuff, and frankly we're so alike on social skills or lack thereof...and yeah." Resisting the urge to pull her hair again, she smiles instead. "I'd like to keep...learning. About you, I mean. You're worried about being a part of the team, I get that...but I'm really happy you're here. In whatever capacity you're willing to function in." Grinning shyly at Cirro again, she stops talking and glances at Jacquelyn for support. That wasn't too bad, was it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Jacquelyn chuckled and winked at Lo when she finished, showing her that her words were good.

Cirro smiled at her. "I... Would like that." he said at last. "And... I may not know everything about humans but... I know enough to know what your talking about. And.... Well, I don't think you're... That... At all." he smiled at her.

Jacquelyn clapped her hands together. "Welp, now that that's settled... Some people haven't been sleeping at all tonight." she winked down at Lo. "Probably best to get some rest. It's a long, hot walk tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:08 pm

Smiling back at Cirro, Lo nods. "I'm glad. About...well, everything. We'll figure something out, somehow...and I meant it when I said that I'm glad you're here."

Sighing in relief that the most awkward talk ever didn't go too badly, Lo leans back against the rock. "Sleep....yeah...maybe I'll just stay here...no, that would be stupid." Slowly getting up...gods she's sore, between the hours of training and the most incredible lovemaking she'd ever experienced her muscles will take days to recover...she grins wryly. "Now for the hard part...deciding who to sleep with tonight." Honestly, sleeping alone would probably be smartest since there's only a few hours left anyway...but she wants to see Cirro's reaction. This relationship is far too new, but it's moving too quickly to not get the awkward stuff out of the way sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Cirro blushed at Lo's words about who to sleep with. "Oh I... uh... I..." He began stuttering.

Jacqulyn rolled her eyes. "Okay okay. I'll make it easy for you kids." She grabbed Cirro and Lo and pulled them into the cave. Then she grabbed the blanket that was covering Lopiena, warped it around both of them and smirked. "There. Now get some sleep you two." She winked before turning and walking out of the cave to continue the watch.

Cirro blushed again, but looked down at Lo. "Uh.... so... I wouldn't mind getting a little more shut eye..." He said with an embarrassed smile as he helped Lo to lay down.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Nodding in understanding at Cirro's blushing and stuttering...probably for the best not to rush things...Lo is startled by Jacquelyn taking the lead. Wellllll...she certainly doesn't mind! Lying next to him, still naked, covered in everything from sand to Sigurd's seed to her and Ashwyn's excitement to who knows what else...it's not exactly the pristine condition they'd met in, but definitely in a better mental condition than they'd been the first time he'd seen her covered in Sigurd's seed. No comparison to that time and now, but gazing into his beautiful green eyes she can't help but laugh about it. And just to make sure he knows she's not laughing at him... "Uhm. I was just wondering if you wanted to use your 'purify' spell on me." Laughing again, she strokes the hair framing his face. "Sleep is all I really need, though. I'm...glad you're with me."
Smiling, snuggling against him, Lo is still alert enough to see what he's going to do but is far too tired to try much else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Cirro smiled as Lo snuggled against him. When she mentioned the purification spell he chuckled. "Just rest." he ran his hand across her hair. As his hand trailed across her body, his hand glowed softly. She would feel the vibrations across her skin as the spell worked it's way across her. When he finished, he wrapped his arms around her and lay still, just holding her while she slept.

---

Morning came with the sun peering into the cave entrance. The fire had gone out and the heat of the sun was already starting to raise the temperature.

Jacquelyn was already prepping the cart with Zane's magical camel by the time the others woke.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:34 am

Feeling the warmth and gentle vibration of Cirro's spell makes Lopiena smile, almost giggle in some ticklish areas, but it's all the relaxation she needs. Before his hand traces halfway down her body,  she's fast asleep.

As the sun rises and Jacquelyn prepares for the next part of their journey, Lo sleeps long and late. Only the rising temperature finally makes her uncomfortable to wake up, and finding herself still wrapped with Cirro is a surprise...he's usually an early riser! Probably just didn't want to wake her...very conscientious. Smiling at him, she leans in to kiss him. "Thanks for staying with me. You...don't mind that I'm still...unclothed?"

Lying curled up against him is an amazing place to be, but hearing movement outside the cave is a reminder that there's work to be done. Slowly unwrapping the blanket from around the two of them, Lo quickly discovers that she's extremely stiff and sore! Walking all day yesterday...hours of training and intense lovemaking last night...she can barely move without her body protesting mightily. Leaning in to kiss Cirro again, she smiles at him. "Uhm. I need to stretch...I don't mind you watching, just wanted to warn you first." Slowly extracting herself from his arms and the blanket, she’s respectful enough about his concern that she turns her back, but stretching in the nude is...well, it's something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Sigurd woke as the moment the sun created the dunes. Still blissfully nude he kissed his mate gently trying not to wake her. His eyes darted to the sleeping forms of Lopiena and Cirro. He rolled his eyes, walked out of the cave and greeted the day with a stretch and a contented groan. Nodding to Jacquelyn he walked over to his pile of armor and pulled his waterskin from the belt. The cold night had chilled the water inside so it was quite refreshing. He poured some in his hands and splashed it on his lower extremities to clean the mix of dried fluids and sand off.

After lacing his armor back together he donned it and made sure every bit was secure by going through his stances quickly. Clipping his greatsword to his back he made his way back over to the older druid and the sand camel. "Three days to this village... I trust you know the quietest route there? I think the lack of actual rest may take its toll on the others." He said softly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:14 pm

Jacquelyn looked up as Sigurd exited the cave and took a moment to admire his very pleasing form as he drank from his waterskin. When he came over to her and spoke, she chuckled.

"You're telling me?" she smirked. "It'll be as eventless as I can make it. Unfortunately the desert is unpredictable." she shrugged.

---

Ashwyn shifted as Sigurd woke. She felt his lips on hers and she cooed pleasently at the sensation. She tried to curl back up to him but he'd already gotten up. She groaned at the loss of his warmth and curled back up under her blanket for a while. She heard Lopiena shifting and speaking ans decided she had to get up too.

She pushed herself up and stretched her arms over her head. Still nude she took little notice. Her armor was still outside anyway. She watched as Lo started her stretching and decided to go find her stuff outside.

She walked outside to find an already armored Sigurd talking to Jacquelyn. She walked over to where her armor lay and began laying it out. She thought about washing herself but... Water was precious out here so she decided she could deal. She put her armor on and then joined the other two.

"Good morning." she said, stopping at Sigurd's side and pushing up on her toes to kiss him briefly.

---

Cirro had woken with the sun as he usually did, but Lo was curled so nicely in his arms that he did want to disturb her. When she finally woke, he smiled at her. When shr spoke of stretching he blushed but shook his head.

"O-of course not... Do whatever you need to." he said, and then watched somewhat memorized as she stretched.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Sigurd returned the kiss and smiled "good morning love, I trust you slept well" he wrapped his arms around her and pressed his head against hers. They had been together the whole night but he just wanted to be close to her a bit longer before their journey began again. "Ready for more and more sand for three days?" He smirked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Ashwyn chuckled at Sigurd's words. "With you I'm ready for anything." she winked, nuzzling against his forehead. She could spend hours just holding him if time allowed. She couldn't wait until the mission was over and she could spend a leisurely day in his arms. But until then she' d enjoy what time they could spend together.

Jacquelyn chuckled at them. "You two can give a person a tooth ache, ya know?" she smirked. "It reminds me of my younger years."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:28 am

Stretching slowly, Lo turns to nod at Ashwyn as she exits the cave but otherwise keeps her back to Cirro until her limbs are more or less responsive. Finally done, she turns to find Cirro actually watching! Lo finds herself blushing...he's usually so nervous around stuff like that. Smiling at him shyly, she takes the blanket and starts folding it. "So...what's your usual morning routine? Maybe I can help...if it's something that can be helped with. Though I guess I should get dressed first." Smiling again, she tosses the folded blanket onto her pack and heads out of the cave.

Finding Sigurd and Ashwyn already dressed is a bit of a disappointment; she'd had an idea but it looks like they're almost ready to go already. Still though, it's worth asking. Smiling at the three of them, Lo grabs her staff and pile of clothes. "Good morning, sorry for sleeping so late. Thanks for everything last night, really...everything." Pausing to grin, Lo blushes, very aware that she's still nude. "Uhm...I was thinking about trying a new spell, one that creates water...it can go into a container, or make a small localized shower...if anyone wanted a wash?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:20 am

Cirro blushed when he realized that Lo was watching him watch her. He immediately turned away. "Oh. Uhm... I'm sorry... I uh..." he stammered.

When she spoke he turned to her and smiled softly, glad for the distraction of words. "Oh, nothing overly complicated. And nothing that can't be done later in the day." He said, finally standing. "Just getting ready for the day, like any one else." He smiled.

When she said she should get dressed, he nodded. "Of course. I'll start packing up things here with Zane." He said, noticing the Gnome was already up and pulling sleeping rolls together.

---

As Lopiena exited the cave, Jacquelyn smirked at her. "Good morning, sleepy head!" She called to the girl.

When she approached and mentioned her spell, Jacquelyn actually laughed. "I like your spirit, dear, but it's not that easy to get water in the desert." She chuckled. "You're more than welcome to try it, but it takes quite a lot of magic to pull water from nothing. Usually that spell draws on the moisture in the air and compacts it into a useable form. Notice how your skin feels tighter out here? That's because it's dry. There's no moisture in the air to draw from. Oh it's still possible, sure. But takes far more skill to pull off." She finished tying off the straps on the camel that held it to the cart.

"If you're feeling sticky, I recommend a good ol fashion dirt bath. Now, that's dirt, not sand. You can get some dirt off of the rocks if you rub your hands against em. Sand wil just stick to ya, but dirt will at least keep your clothes from stickin to ya." She winked at the girl.
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Blinking in surprise at Jacquelyn's words...of course she knew about the spell, and even though it's a new one Lo didn't think it would be THAT hard...she decides against using that much magic on an experiment. Everyone is already dressed anyway, and who knows what the desert is going to tnrow at them...best to save spells for now, perhaps experiment in the evening if there's still energy left. Lo feels pretty clean after Cirro's purification spell, but the idea of a dirt bath to keep clothes from sticking does have an appeal. Looking around at the side of the cave, she starts rubbing her hands against the rocks, then rubbing whatever comes off onto her undergarments. Her body might feel relatively clean, but her clothes are stiff and salty with sweat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Sigurd smiled at Lopiena "no thank you sprout, I washed already" he pulled his cloak over his shoulders and flipped the hood over his head before tying his cloth sunshade over his eyes again. Ready to go he stood and waited for the others to get ready.

Watching each of his companions carefully he found himself compiling hypothetical data about each of them. His focus, though not obvious considering his eyes were covered, was on Cirro. His gut kept telling him not to trust the fairy but he couldn't place why. He was no discernible threat. He was meek, scrawny and lacked any real fighting instinct. But Sigurd hadn't lived this long and survived all his training not to trust his instincts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert   

Back to top Go down

Chapter Four: Barren Wastes of the Desert
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next