Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Ashwyn inwardly groaned at the thought of more food but she wouldn't dream of being rude. She smiled at the woman. "That's very kind of you. We'd be honored." She squeezed Sigurd's arm slightly and smiled up at him, her gaze betraying her fear at more food, but it was playful also.

Lia had just finished dishing up a bowl of the stew to Sigurd and Ashwyn when Kerym came back. He was back in his elf form and looked out of breath but he was laughing. He approached the old woman and kissed the top of her head just as Falenas had. "It smells wonderful, mother." He smiled at her and turned to Sigurd and Ashwyn. "Ahh, staying for a meal? Wonderful! Mother makes the best stew, I assure you. And the rabbits are fresh from the hunt today."

Falenas nodded. "Usually we eat the hunt raw, but it's nice for a change of pace now and then." She said as Kerym rejoined her and wrapped his arm around her waist.

Lia smiled warmly at them. "Ahh, young ones..." She turned to Sigurd and Ashwyn. "You two would do well to learn from these two. Never have I seen a love so pure in all my 800 years."

Ashwyn watched the couple blush and she smiled. Seeing how close they were was touching. And this village...with all the happy children and people and the warmth they had for one another...she was enjoying this visit immensely.

Lia met Ashwyn's eyes and stared for a moment. Then she hobbled her ancient body over to her. She took Ashwyn's hand in her own. "Hmm..." She appeared to be studying her. Then she reached forward and touched Ashwyn's stomach.

Ashwyn gasped at the sudden contact but didn't want to insult the woman so she remained silent.

Lia nodded after a moment and looked back up at her face. "I see....I'm sorry dear girl. I have a fix for that." She turned and walked away from her back into the hut.

"Mother, really! They're our guests!" Kerym called to her, following her inside.

Falenas blushed a bit. "I'm so sorry...she...doesn't really respect personal space most of the time..."

Lia came out then and was holding a small bowl full of some kind of liquid that smelled very strong.She offered it to Ashwyn. "Here. Drink this girl."

"Mother stop." Kerym had followed her out. "I'm sorry, my mother is offering you one of our ancient remedies." He lowered his voice so the other villagers would have trouble overhearing if they were attempting to. "My mother has been the midwife of the tribe for centuries. She has a sense about a mother's past history. She's worried about your future to conceive. She wants to help."

Ashwyn blushed several shades of red. "Oh...I...I see..." She looked into the kind eyes of the old woman and finally smiled. "Thank you." She reached forward and took the liquid. It was quite pungent but she swallowed it all.

Lia smiled warmly. "That should do the trick." She leaned forward and patted Sigurd's hand. "She'll give you fine pups now. Just come let me know if you need me to perform the bonding ritual." She chuckled happily before heading off towards the children.

Kerym seemed to blush at her words. "Motherrrr." He groaned and looked at them apologetically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:36 pm

Sigurd ate the stew slowly, it was quite good. He watched as Kerym returned, winded, he gave a quick shot of air from his nose subtly signaling his amusement. Tired, from running. Embarassing...

When Lia mentioned how they should take notes from the others he almost spit out his food, everyone seemed to think that he and Ashwyn were a couple, a quarter inch more earlier and they would have been. He watched as Lia examined Ash and watched with curiosity at what the old woman was up to. he was about to take another bite of stew when he felt a pat on his hand and the mention of pups that made him stop. "Bonding ritual?" He asked with mild curiosity. Wait.. they don't watch they're kin conceive their children do they? He thought to himself.

Public mating was an old tradition in ThunderKnoll, well before an established rule of law was formed. It had long since been quite frowned upon in the last few centuries, not that it didn't occasionally still happen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 am

Following Zane, Lopiena stops dead at his offhanded comment.  Three hundred years??  No wonder he thought humans dreadfully short-lived!  Suddenly all too keenly aware of her own mortality, she shakes her head again. Clearly there's a lot about gnomes she needs to learn, as well.

As they enter the large tree building, the hustle and bustle of the marketplace is a shock to the senses.  From the soft sounds of the forest to the cacophony of the marketplace, with all the scents and sights within...Lopiena again hesitates.  There are more shops here than she had ever seen before in her life, and more people jammed together than the main square on Solstice!  Seeing Zane walking calmly through the crowd, she squares her shoulders, clutches Sigurd's sword tight to her chest ("He will kill me if I lose his sword!") and dives into the fray.  Zane's burnt orange cloak stands out against most of the crowd, so he's easy enough to follow...if only he wasn't so darn short!  Dodging people, shops, and children she manages to keep up with him...but just barely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:45 am

Kerym sighed, massaging the bridge of his nose for a moment. "I'm terribly sorry. My mother is...friendly."

When Sigurd asked about the Bonding Ritual he smirked. "Hm? Oh that. It's a special ceremony performed when a pair have decided to mate." He looked at Sigurd. "Might I assume that people in your tribe can mate with just about any other race? Well, our people are inter-fertile. We can only successfully breed among our own people. But, as I'm sure you know, the heart wants what the heart wants." He winked over at Ashwyn.

Falenas rolled her eyes and joined her mate. "Ker, they're not mates." She whispered to him.

Kerym's eye brows raised and he looked back at Sigurd and Ashwyn. "Really??"

Falenas chuckled and turned back to Sigurd and Ashwyn. "In the case where a Lythari wants to mate with a non-Lythari, they need to go through the the Bonding Ritual. The ritual is ancient magic that allows another elf to become Lythari." She pulled the collar of her fur shirt to reveal a strange scar on her lower neck. It looked like a bite mark long scared over. "The ritual makes a mark like this appear on the bonded pair."

Ashwyn leaned in slightly to study the mark. Then she looked up at Falenas. "So...are you...?"

Falenas smiled, replacing her collar. "Was I born Lythari? No, I wasn't. I was just a regular Wood Elf until I met Kerym." She smiled as he pulled her close and kissed the top of her head.

Suddenly the wolf pup ran up and began tugging on the bottom of her tunic. She smirked and looked down at him. "Ren, we have guests. Where are your manners?"

The wolf pup sat down and looked up at Sigurd and Ashwyn for a moment before shifting back to a small child around 6 years old. He stood and took Falenas's hand. "Hi." He said shyly.

Ashwyn smiled at him. "Nice to meet you Ren."

He nodded and glanced back up at Falenas, who nodded at him. He quickly turned and merged back into a pup again before running off to play. Falenas laughed. "I'm sorry, he's our youngest. He likes his wolf form because it's easier to keep up with his siblings."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 am

Sigurd's face was slowly shifting from amused to annoyed at the assumption that he and Ashwyn were an item. As Falenas explained the ritual he raised an eyebrow "Wait, so before you can even 'mate' you have to do this ritual? I would have just assumed you would be able to do it without a ritual, to become a Lythari I understand but the act of mating is a fairly incomplex in nature... As for making another humanoid creature one of my kind, our process is a little less... showy. as I'm sure you're aware Lycanthropy is generally considered a curse, but our people are different, transmission however is the same, either through actually biting someone, or intercourse both however needing to be done in wolf or our hybrid form."

Sigurd smiled to the child but said nothing, he understood fully though, he had learned to run in his wolf form well before he had learned to walk in his human form. He mentally congratulated the child on it's adaptability.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 am

With the large pack on his back Zane didn't realize that Lopiena was having a hard time following him until he got to the blacksmith sector and turned around to find her still struggling through the crowds. "Oh! I'm terribly sorry." He walked back to her and took her by the arm to help her navigate.

The blacksmith sector was far less crowded than the main market. There were armorists, weapon smiths, and several others around. Heading straight for the nearest weapons smith Zane waved at him.

"Good morrow, friend! I wonder if you might be able to assist us. We are in the market to silver these weapons. Might that be something you can do?"

The blacksmith looked over the weapons for a moment. "Hmm...yes, I believe I can. I'll need to consult with an alchemist to make it effective."

"Ahh, I see." Zane nodded. "And what would a process like that cost?"

He looked over at the weapons for a moment. "100 gold per piece. Unless your providing the silver. In which case....we'll say 50 gold."

"Hmm..." He looked into his bag and then turned to Lopeina. "Perhaps we should only silver one weapon for each of us. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 am

Kerym nodded to Sigurd's questions. "Well, you're right about the act of mating. And of course there's nothing stopping the attempt. But at least for the history of our tribe there's never been a litter born to to a couple that included a non-Lythari."

"So," Ashwyn ventured. "Do you have mixed couples who simply...choose not to breed?"

Kerym shook his head. "That's not very common. It has happened, for a while at least. But having children is an important right of passage for our people. We do have some of your young people who choose to...sew their wild oats, shall we say? The best way to do that without ending up with a family before one is ready is to fraternize with non-Lythari. But generally, when it's time to accept adulthood then most Lythari choose to breed."

Falenas was interested when Sigurd began speaking of his people. "So, wait, you said your tribe is different than other Lycanthropes? How so?"
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 am

Feeling more than overwhelmed by the crowds, Lopiena nods gratefully at Zane when he takes her arm. "Thanks, Zane. Crowds and I...really don't get along. I belong in the wilds."
The less crowded blacksmitch sector helps calm her nerves, and she finally starts looking around to take in the sights. The place is amazing; blacksmiths of all sorts crafting their wares with the clanging and whooshing of bellows...and it's nice and warm. When they reach the weaponsmith, however, she nearly chokes on the price.
"100 gold per piece? And you only 'believe' you can? Zane...maybe we should try someone else. If it's a process that requires alchemy maybe we should look for an alchemist."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:24 am

Sigurd listened to intently to Kerym, nothing the seeming advantage that the Lythari had over most races, his people were like most, they had to be careful or they would be spawning children left right and center. He nodded along until Falenas asked him about his people. “Well, I wouldn't say we're a tribe per se anyway, in general Lycantrhopy is a curse, those who contract it rarely have control over their form and tend to reek havoc in the communities where they live and making them seem no better than the run of the mill monsters/animals we see in forests. Where we differ is that somehow our Lycanthropic curse has been infused with some sort of magic from a source we call the Mana Well that's in a temple under my family home. With our, we'll call it a blessing. When we turn someone there's no thrall period where they become a primitive snarling beast, each person retains their sense of self. Though shifting starts off slow and painful at first, they are eventually able to shift at will and quickly.” He smiled, rarely given the opportunity to give a history lesson to others, it was more his fathers job giving visitors the lecture.

“Each new Werewolf pretty well comes into it as if they were born as one.” he said finally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:38 am

Kerym and Falenas listened intently as Sigurd explained his people. Even Ashwyn listened carefully as he spoke.

"Fascinating..." Kerym said at last. "We've come across other werewolfs in the past but, as you've said, they were little better than beasts when transformed. Our people are far more docile in nature to most other lycans. I'm sure Fay showed you our play areas. We focus mostly on speed and stealth during training. Of course our young are taught to hunt as well, but usually smaller game."

"And you have a hybrid form, don't you? The Lythari have never had one, at least as far as I know." She glanced to Kerym who shook his head. "Though it sounds like the change is similar to us. When I first changed it was difficult to shift. It was like working a muscle I've never had. It would tire me out a great deal and I could only stay in wolf form for short periods at first. Now, though, it's just like breathing. And our young can do it just as easily.

"I'm curious though," She continued. "Can your people shift while with child? It's possible for us to change during that time but it's dangerous. Especially if the impregnation happens in wolf form. Our elven bodies are not equipped to handle so many young at once."

She didn't at all seem embarrassed about speaking of such things while in the company of strangers, even though Ashwyn was fighting to keep her blush down. However, she supposed that curiosity was overwhelming any embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 am

“I've taken notice to your training areas, ThunderKnoll specializes in training it's people mostly in martial combat, though most of us do have some magical ability we take the added strength given to us by our hybrid form and use it for more brute force methods. That's not to say some of our people don't try and educate themselves in other areas of combat it's just they have to travel elsewhere to get it.” Sigurd said simply.

“Our Hybrid form mixes the humanoid and wolf aspects and hones it into a very versatile tool, Werewolves that aren't from our village tend to be loud, lumbering and erratic in their attacks, we can move almost as easily as if we were in wolf form as well as keeping nearly as quiet but with the added benefits of thumbs and claws rather than padded paws.” it was one of his fathers stupid rhymes that had stuck with him from his training...

“Yes, though it's not often encouraged, regardless of form during conception our people tend to have one child at a time with the rare exception of twins occasionally, no different than most breeding practices for humanoid species. Whatever force has blessed us seems fit to keep our numbers from exploding wildly” he chuckled to himself “despite some members feverishly trying” he was referring to his parents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:09 am

Kerym nodded, his face one of concentration and planning while Falenas spoke of children.

"Really? Only one child at a time?" She asked, obviously very interested. "I suppose it's the opposite for us. Lythari are so rare in most places. If conception happens in Elf form then it's as you say. Usually just one child. But if it happens in wolf form then it's not uncommon to see litters of 4 to 5 at once. Which makes the next couple months awkward when you can't shift back." She chuckled.

At the mention of couples "trying", Kerym finally snapped out of his concentration and laughed. "I understand that! We have several couples here much the same way." He joked. "Though I think in general our people are less fertile. It's rare for a woman to have more than two litters in her lifetime. And most only have one. It's why most of the women choose to breed in wolf form. It ups their chances of having more than one child."

He took a step towards Sigurd. "I wonder...perhaps after this conflict we might discuss an exchange of services with your people. Our methods of training have always served us well, but now that Eventide is our permanent home, we'd like to be able to defend it more effectively. Do you think your Alpha would speak with me on the matter? I'd be more than willing to allow some of your tribe to train with us in exchange. It could be beneficial to both our people."

Ashwyn had mostly been ignored, but she didn't mind. It was actually extremely interesting listening to this two similar species discussing their traditions and culture. Unconsciously she was squeezing Sigurd's arm a little tighter in her interest and distraction.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 am

Sigurd found their breeding habits fascinating, to his knowledge there was no limit to his peoples fertility, there were several families with well over 10 children and no sign of stopping. Sadly there were those that probably should... but every village has that one family...

Smiling at the question of training methods Sigurd nodded “I will make sure to mention it to my father when I return, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to arrange something” He paused “well once our issues have been resolved and we let our people be able to come and go freely” the tone of his voice took a slight down turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 am

Alan_Dietrich wrote:
Sigurd found their breeding habits fascinating, to his knowledge there was no limit to his peoples fertility, there were several families with well over 10 children and no sign of stopping. Sadly there were those that probably should... but every village has that one family...

Smiling at the question of training methods Sigurd nodded “I will make sure to mention it to my father when I return, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to arrange something” He paused “well once our issues have been resolved and we let our people be able to come and go freely” the tone of his voice took a slight down turn.

Keryn's eyes widened slightly as Sigurd spoke of his father. "Oh, I see! You are the son of the Alpha! Wonderful!" He smiled at him.

When Sigurd's tone changed, Kerym frowned. "Issues?" He glanced back and forth between Sigurd and Ashwyn for a moment. "Well, if there's any way at all we can assist, please let me know. Perhaps we can help." He offered.

Ashwyn frowned at Sigurd's words. Though she tried to stop it, she had a breif memory flash of the graveness of those issues. She visibly flinched before she was able to squash the memories.

Falenas noticed her action and frowned. She placed a hand on Kerym's arm, seeking her own comfort in her concern. "We understand if it's a...sensitive topic. But if we can help then we'd like to try."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:52 am

Sighing Sigurd tried to explain “we don't exactly know when it started so we don't know what's caused it but for some reason our people are turning feral, and I don't mean like they're becoming just regular werewolves. I mean they're completely losing themselves, their strength increases, they lose their magical ability and they attack blindly.” He pinched the bridge of his nose “we're not sure if it has something to do with the Mana Well, or if it's some sort of disease but all I know now is my mother is starting to be effected by it and we're running out of options. So myself and a few others have been sent out to find answers, if there are any to be found...”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Kerym's frown was intense as his brain worked into overtime. Falenas frown was deeply sad.

"That's horrible." Suddenly her eyes widened and she jerked her head to Ashwyn. Her flinch, coupled with what Mother had said... "Oh you poor dear!" She moved forward and pulled Ashwyn into a tight hug.

Kerym watched his mate hug Ashwyn and his frowned deepened as realization dawned on him as well. His eyes met with Sigurd's. "This is a terrible affliction for your people. I don't know if we can help without knowing the cause, but I'd like to try." He whistled and a young wolf ran up to them a short while later.

" Bring me Akkar."  he said, in Elven. The young wolf nodded and then ran off. Kerym turned and looked back at Sigurd." Akkar is one of our healers. He's studied in many different places as our tribe has traveled and is the reason we habe most of our medicines. With your permission, I'd like to send him with a small contingent to your home. Allow him to do some research. Perhaps we can learn something of value."

Ashwyn was embarrassed again, but something about this womans scent, now that she was wrapped in her furs, felt comforting. Ashwyn had to push back the tears threatening her. She smiled kindly up to the Alpha female.

" Thank you for your kindness. It was... A very long time  ago."

Falenas had tears on her face. "I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine something so horrible." She turned to Kerym. "Maybe mother knows something. She's seen so many things."

Kerym nodded. "You read my mind." He placed a hand on Sigurd's shoulder. "If there is anything in our  history that can assist, I give you my word it will be yours."
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:27 am

Sigurd brightened up slightly “I would certainly appreciate it, whatever can help us” he smirked slightly to see Ashwyn being suffocated in Falenas' embrace he turned back to Kerym “as much as I would love to stay and discuss this, we have to be going back to our room, we have a long journey ahead of us and it'll do us well to be well rested before we set off. He bowed is head to the two Alphas and smiled “it was a pleasure to meet both of you, thank you for your hospitality and give my thanks to your mother as well, she is a fine cook and if she has any information that'll help my people she'll be a life saver as well.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 am

Kerym nodded. "Yes of course. We've kept you too late." He offered his hand to Sigurd once again. "It was a pleasure to speak with you this evening. Both of you." He shook Sigurd's hand and then once again kissed the back of Ashwyn's.

Falenas smiled, though the tear stains remained on her cheeks. "Please don't be strangers. We'd love to chat with you again." She smiled and hugged Ashwyn again and then pulled Sigurd in for a hug as well.

With her breasts practically at head level Ashwyn couldn't help but chuckle at seeing Sigurd squeezed between them.

When he was finally released, Ashwyn hooked her arm in his again. "It was a pleasure speaking with you both. You've made such a warm and welcoming home for yourselves. I'd very much enjoy coming back some day." She smiled.

As they were leaving the group of children ran up to them. Ren was back in his human form and was pushed forward to stand in front of Sigurd. "Uhm...Mister sir?" He asked, tugging on Sigurd's pant leg. "We...we wondered if...maybe you could...show us your hibrd frm?"

Ashwyn covered her mouth, giggling at the mispronunciation and the fawning eyes of the children as they stared up at him.

Kerym spoke up from behind them. "Ren! Children that is highly inappropriate. Don't pester our guests."
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Sigurd took Kerym's hand again and shook it, he went to offer his hand to his wife but was surprised to be pulled into a tight embrace, she was only a few inches taller than he was but for some reason, with her hand on the back of his head he was smooshed into her breasts. His face became a furnace of embarrassment. Her scent was remarkable though. Breaking her hold he laughed slightly. As they turned to head back to their residence.

When Sigurd was stopped by the children he laughed and ruffled their child's hair. He looked to Ashwyn and smiled “It's alright Kerym, it's not every day people see this form from someone with control so I'll indulge them.” He clapped his hands together “Alright pups, stand back!” he waited for them to jump back in excitement. He took a step away from the other adults and cracked his neck. Spreading his feet about shoulder length apart he put a slight bend in his knees. Clenching his fists he brought them up to about waste height and tightened his muscles causing the fabric in his top to stretch slightly.

Tapping into his magic aura his body started to glow slightly until his Hybrid form seemed to burst in a flash of light, his clothes flying in tatters as his blonde fur seemed to shine. Always the one for dramatic flair when it came to children Sigurd gave a loud howl before relaxing “This is a Hybrid form” he said with a deep throaty growl trying to sound serious. His tail wagging slightly betrayed his own amusement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:35 pm

The children giggled excitedly when he told them to back away. They jumped back and bounced eagerly as they watched him prepare. When he changed they jumped in shock and then began to cheer, jumping up and down with happy smiles. When he howled they reared back and began howling with him in between their giggles.

Kerym and Falenas laughed along with the children. Falenas gently backhanded Kerym in the stomach. "He's worse than you are." She smirked at him while Kerym laughed sheepishly.

Ashwyn laughed too. Sigurd was adorable as he tried to impress the children. Not that he'd need to try hard. They were already enamored with him.

Falenas turned and ran back into her home. A few minutes later she returned with an over-sized fur coat. She tossed it over Sigurd's back. "You'll probably need this now." She winked playfully. Then turned to the kids.
Back to top Go down
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Sigurd laughed along with the kids until he felt a heavy fur coat flop on his back, he nodded in thanks and wrapped it around himself as he shifted back cinching it up tightly to cover as much skin as possible. “Another difference between our kind is our clothes don't shift with us.. obviously..” he said with a soft laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Seeing him shift back to his human form and have no clothes made the children laugh anew. Kerym chased them all off with a smirk, turning back to Sigurd. "Well, I think you've made fans for life. And please, keep the coat if you can carry it on your travels. A gift for our distant brother." He took Sigurds hand in his again for a strong shake. "Good journey friend."

As Sigurd and Ashwyn left the area they were met with happy waves and smiles. They came back into the more empty section of the city between the mass of tree buildings and the sounds of the Lythari tribe faded behind them.

Ashwyn smiled up at Sigurd as he held the coat closed around him. "Well, I don't think those children will be forgetting this day for some time." She chuckled.
Back to top Go down
AniRedFox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Zane turned to Lopiena. "Hm? Oh, well, yes, you're probably right. We should shop around." He turned to the blacksmith and nodded. "Thank you sir, perhaps we will return."

He turned before the blacksmith could respond and, collecting Lopeina's arm again, pulled her along as they looked at each of the different workshops. "Hmm....it doesn't appear that an alchemist is in this sector....I wonder if there's a directory of some kind..." He pondered as they walked.

Apparently walking around and seeming lost was a good way to get approached by security. A young wood elf wearing a cloak similar to those worn by the elves who escorted them here approached them. "Having trouble?" He asked.

Zane turned at the voice. "Hm? OH! Yes! Good sir, I wonder if you could direct us towards a talented alchemist?"

The guard nodded. "Of course. The Apothecary is upstairs, second floor. The alchemist guild can be found in the back."
Back to top Go down
Lopiena

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Being whisked about without a word is a bit of a surprise...as much as Lopiena hates haggling she thought they'd at least try...but she did suggest leaving after all, no sense changing tactics now. Wandering around the area allows a much better idea of what's available, anyway. After getting directions from the nice security guard, Lopiena bows a little and offers a smile before being whisked away again.
"Second floor in the back, huh? No wonder we couldn't find it. Do you think they will be able to help us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan_Dietrich

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Sigurd smiled, being there had eased much of his worries about his people, nothing was promised but there was at least hope. As they walked a stiff breeze blew through the streets "ugggh, I shouldn't have given in..." In a puff of fur and light he shifted back to his hybrid form and hung the coat over his arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Two: In An Elven Way   

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two: In An Elven Way
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next