Legends of Whimsy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends of Whimsy

A home for amazement and fun for friends and family!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basic Rules and Posting Format

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

Basic Rules and Posting Format Empty
PostSubject: Basic Rules and Posting Format   Basic Rules and Posting Format EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Okay so I've been trying to figure out the best way to go about this. And I think I've come up with something...

So I think, for the sake of ease, we'll be posting with a combination of freeform writing and classic tabletop gaming. Since we're not actually sitting together rolling for each and every action would make things very tedious so we'll only be rolling for certain things or situations (mostly big directional things or encounters). Otherwise I'll post an official "DM post" which will appear in this color. Anything written in blue will be from me as DM,
not as my character

So, I'll post a DM post, then allow each character to post at least once as a reaction before another DM post comes around. In some cases, like during communication between characters, there may be a long string of player posts before another DM post occurs.

However, in combat situations, everyone will get one post before the DM post comes. Your post can be as long as you want it to be (heck, the longer the better, it means I have more to react to). You can also list several actions at once in the post and I'll explain the result of those actions in the DM post.

I will also be posting as DM and as character separately. Just to avoid confusion.

Player Posts

Your post does not have to be from your characters point of view for the whole thing. You CAN do it that way if you want to. But you can also do something like...

"My character will be going around the back side of the building to hide." and then post it in a more "story telling" manner. I'm good with either. But the more detail the better (besides, it's more fun that way).

As DM I'll worry about describing the surroundings and creatures and what not and if anyone has any questions about something I've described feel free to ask.

Any questions about this? Is there something you think I should do differently before we get started?
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com
AniRedFox
Moderators
Moderators
AniRedFox

Basic Rules and Posting Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules and Posting Format   Basic Rules and Posting Format EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am

Okay so I decided to make a second account specifically for the DM posts just to make things easier. I'll still make them blue so they stand out but that way there's no confusion about which of my posts is what.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofwhimsy.forumotion.com

Basic Rules and Posting Format
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legends of Whimsy :: Dungeons & Dragons :: The Fey Forest Conflict-
Jump to: